Why become a member? ×

UPDATE: FOUND ACG (0257) Salace E Type Headless Bass

PunkPonyPrincess

It is this bass @skelf made it.

I sold this bass and shipped it to the buyer in a custom wooden crate with the sender and the recipient address written in permanent marker to the front of the crate.

The service was Parcelforce 24 Express.

It was collected from my Dumfries and Galloway address (still house clearing) and it was scanned as picked up and made it to the regional Carlisle Office but it never reached the Hub.

Parcelforce has declared it as lost.

How you lose a crate is beyond me, I expect stolen, but I remain hopeful it gets delivered.

In the meantime if it pops up in any deal or someone asking questions, please let me know. [email protected]
Thanks.

Claire

IMG_5347.jpeg

IMG_5114.jpeg

Edited by PunkPonyPrincess
  • Sad 4

Parcelforce like to lose guitars, park them in lost property, fail to attempt to join the lost to the found, and then sell them at auction.

Try emailing this lady with the full details stated clearly, briefly and politely:

[.....] 

and cc in

[.....] 

Hope is not yet entirely lost!

Edited by Ricky Rioli
Email addresses now available on application :)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You would think so but from prior experience, couriers like Evi/hermes and Parcelforce and the like wriggle out of their commitments with all sorts of clauses and it gets ugly and difficult and they often dont reply for weeks at a time. They also don’t pay back their £90 or so shipping/insurance fees.

Also thats kinda not the point. There is a stolen bass out there. It will resurface, of course, basses like this eventually always do, and as I’m refunding the buyer, and no certainty on any kind of recompense, I would very much like it back.

• Like 1

Just now, PunkPonyPrincess said:

They should but from prior experience, couriers like Evi/hermes and Parcelforce and the like wriggle out of their commitments with all sorts of clauses and it gets ugly and difficult and they often dont reply for weeks at a time.

Also thats kinda not the point. There is a stolen bass out there. It will resurface, of course, basses like this eventually always do, and as I’m refunding the buyer, and no certainty on any kind of recompense, I would very much like it back.

Oh absolutely, I wasn't trying to gloss over the loss of the bass.

Sorry.

@Ricky Rioli’s plan yielded results, thanks.

I received a call from the head office just earlier and it has been located and found and is on its way from the hub to its new owner. 
Fingers crossed but it looks like (despite me writing the consignment number, address of the sender and the recipient and phone numbers on the crate in BIG BLACK marker pen), the box was missing a barcode sticker.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

• PunkPonyPrincess changed the title to UPDATE: FOUND ACG (0257) Salace E Type Headless Bass