Brighton

Danny P

Roscoe Century Std 6-String w/Soft Case

Overview

- 35" scale length - 24 frets

- 18mm string spacing

- Solid swamp ash body

- Red finish

- 3-piece maple neck (super flat and easy to play)

- Rosewood fingerboard

- Hipshot tuners
- Dunlop straplock buttons and strap attachments (included but not photographed)

- Bartolini NTMB 3-band pre-amp with volume, pickup blend, treble/bass stack, mid/mid freq select push/pull (250/800hz)

- Bartolini hum-free pickups

- New Rotosound RS666LD Swing Bass Stainless Steel Roundwound Strings (35-45-65-80-105-130).

- Weight: 9 lbs (4.08kg) - ludicrously light for a 6-string (a 4-string J-bass is 8.5 - 10.5 lbs)

- Roscoe deluxe gig bag (fair bit of wear and tear on the gig bag!)

- The bass has been getting regularly gigged as my no.1 bass for about 6 years so has a few worn patches, scratches and small dings. This is reflected in the price and the blemishes are photographed below.  

- The finger ramp in between the pickups is made from mahogany and makes the bass play like butter, but if you don't like it it's only attached with double-sided tape and can be easily removed.

Delivery: I'm based down in Brighton and would obviously prefer to have it collected, but I don't mind driving anywhere in the bottom half of the country, so I can come to you, or meet you halfway if you're from the North. Otherwise, we can arrange shipping somehow. 

Trades: I'm just looking for a straight cash sale on this one so, with respect, no trade offers please. 

Thanks all! 

IMG_3479.thumb.jpg.0e91dda8303cd750e3945ac981dba175.jpg

IMG_3481.thumb.jpg.7f5769b90870c6e3421ca0fa649ae81e.jpg

IMG_3482.thumb.jpg.b96134a388ec4278bf23d6191caf56c3.jpg

IMG_3483.thumb.jpg.7cbeaafeea50326011bbdf6417b0ee4d.jpg

IMG_3487.thumb.jpg.8a2fce2b05178aa404d7918abb057ae3.jpg

IMG_3491.thumb.jpg.f345ec8a05c6e1d9e638b5c3f2a7504a.jpg

IMG_3488.thumb.jpg.48bf40f3b858fa68c341f6bfa70b0b3a.jpg

IMG_3485.thumb.jpg.ee417ee964795d3d0217d7e73e3cc4be.jpg

IMG_3486.thumb.jpg.469b26b8d749831dc0fe5ae5789159de.jpg

IMG_3491.thumb.jpg.f345ec8a05c6e1d9e638b5c3f2a7504a.jpg

IMG_3492.thumb.jpg.37ee85c1b14fe27916e3f6e8fbc48d64.jpg

IMG_3489.thumb.jpg.ccfc78aaf84ad5d5922670e300bbe761.jpg

IMG_3490.thumb.jpg.85a853e548d81bae78beac4c4415eee9.jpg

IMG_3493.thumb.jpg.24ea301dbcd975e608397bf9f8b233b2.jpg

IMG_3494.thumb.jpg.ebdbae251a71693632a06cd25c7710ba.jpg

These vids aren't amazing mixes but you get the idea.

Edited by Danny P
Sold
  • Like 10

5 hours ago, CookPassBabtridge said:

Love me a Roscoe, I do. In fact I’ve got one on order that should be here in the next few months, super excited! This looks like a great bass, GLWTS. 

Good luck with yours! Which one did you go for? 

34 minutes ago, Danny P said:

Good luck with yours! Which one did you go for? 

Cheers! I’ve gone for a purple SKB 4 string. Spanish cedar, quilt maple top. Ebony fretboard. I follow Keith on Instagram and saw a purple quilt maple body pop up on his feed the other day - for a second I got excited and thought it was mine as it’s quite a specific spec but alas, no 😂

23 hours ago, bigthumb said:

Two too many strings for me I'm afraid. I'd love a second Roscoe as they're so darn good and this is a great price for one. Pity my limited talent is limited to 4 strings only! 

To each their own! For me, I actually went from a 4 to a 5 to a 6 then, after about 5 years, back to a 4 and I have to say it was much harder losing two strings than gaining two strings! With 6ers you kind of play across the fretboard a lot instead of up it. 

23 hours ago, CookPassBabtridge said:

Cheers! I’ve gone for a purple SKB 4 string. Spanish cedar, quilt maple top. Ebony fretboard. I follow Keith on Instagram and saw a purple quilt maple body pop up on his feed the other day - for a second I got excited and thought it was mine as it’s quite a specific spec but alas, no 😂

Ooh quilted maple. That's gonna be gorgeous! Hope it doesn't take too long to get to you!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

As TAFKAV -- the addict formerly known as Ville -- I'll say that I was never disappointed by a Roscoe bass, and I think I had something like 5-7 of those. The basic design and dimensions are solid and super ergonomical, the tone and attack envelope are supremely real-world-worthy. The only thing you might not get, depending on the woods, is a tone that's very pretty when you're making vids for YouTube. You know the tone. Sparkly highs, even, long envelope and the bottom is like a big foam mattress or a sponge cake. And then you get buried by 1 guitar before the amp is on and just the left half of a drum set and God help you if there's a keyboardist. I like to call that tone the 'small, BIG tone'. 

No, every single Roscoe I've played or heard samples of has both a satisfying girth to give authority and the penetrating thick mids with highs that rub you just right with a good timing of the in-out-curve of the attack that pounds through even thick mixes and leaves you very satisfied! <3

Oh, and as someone who's had sixes with scales from 33,5" to 36", the Century body design does an absolutely stellar job of making the 35" feel like 34". Which you usually wouldn't want to handle an inch less, but in this one case, not feeling every inch is often a plus.

Edited by nobodysprefect
forgot to compliment the length!
  • Like 3

On 15/11/2022 at 09:34, nobodysprefect said:

As TAFKAV -- the addict formerly known as Ville -- I'll say that I was never disappointed by a Roscoe bass, and I think I had something like 5-7 of those. The basic design and dimensions are solid and super ergonomical, the tone and attack envelope are supremely real-world-worthy. The only thing you might not get, depending on the woods, is a tone that's very pretty when you're making vids for YouTube. You know the tone. Sparkly highs, even, long envelope and the bottom is like a big foam mattress or a sponge cake. And then you get buried by 1 guitar before the amp is on and just the left half of a drum set and God help you if there's a keyboardist. I like to call that tone the 'small, BIG tone'. 

No, every single Roscoe I've played or heard samples of has both a satisfying girth to give authority and the penetrating thick mids with highs that rub you just right with a good timing of the in-out-curve of the attack that pounds through even thick mixes and leaves you very satisfied! ❤️

Oh, and as someone who's had sixes with scales from 33,5" to 36", the Century body design does an absolutely stellar job of making the 35" feel like 34". Which you usually wouldn't want to handle an inch less, but in this one case, not feeling every inch is often a plus.

Yeah I’ve never felt like it’s too long. Whatever they’re doing, I’ve compared it to Dingwalls and others and Roscoe really do have the best B-strings in the business. Even Dingwall’s fanned fret system can’t come close. 

And that high-C is amazing for doing little gospel-style pops here and there that poke right through the mix. 

I can’t imagine this is the last Roscoe I’ll ever have, of the last 6er. I’m gonna miss it but it’s one-in-one-out at the moment and I recently succumbed to the GAS!

Edited by Danny P
Typo

• Danny P changed the title to Roscoe Century Std 6-String - £1100
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Danny P changed the title to Roscoe Century Std 6-String - Now £1000
  • 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Bassdude BE said:

Bargain!

I've owned both the 4 and 5 string version of this and they were dfinitely amongst the best and most easy to play basses I've ever owned (and I've owned close to a hundred high end basses over the years, so that's saying something.. :) ) 

Blimey, 100! Fancy making it 101? 😉

• Danny P changed the title to Roscoe Century Std 6-String - Now £1000 - Vids added
1 hour ago, dutchwife said:

Keep coming back to this but unfortunately half a world away. Lovely playing on a lovely sounding bass Dan, top notch. 

Stupid world, being in the way! 

I’m really surprised a Roscoe Century priced at a grand isn’t selling. Wherever you are in the world, I hope the economy is doing better for people than ours is in the UK! Slow clap, British government, slow clap…

• Danny P changed the title to Roscoe Century Std 6-String - SOLD