Why become a member? ×

MORTRIX MIDI foot controller

Quatschmacher

4 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

It showing ok in both now... but performance in Safari is super slow. It takes an age for the images to load.

I had to refresh the page once it had loaded to get the images to load, but I thought that was just a glitch on my end as every other time I tried it it was ok.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, prowla said:

Hey - the demonstrator in the vid pronounced it "Medium"!

That’s his Danish accent throwing you. It’s cool as the pun works even better in Germanic languages.

Anyway, I’m the authority on the name’s pronunciation as I named the product. 😆

61EC973C-3861-47F7-BA40-E46F7B027341.gif.1ffbc54713d3958906c6bca2f7daaf26.gif

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Haha 4

Very impressed with that. I am not in the market for anything like that, and it is out of my range of purchasing if it was, however as someone who writes user interfaces for a living I would say that that is one of the nicest user interaction flows I have seen in one of those devices, and if I was in the market for one, that is the one I would get!

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Very impressed with that. I am not in the market for anything like that, and it is out of my range of purchasing if it was, however as someone who writes user interfaces for a living I would say that that is one of the nicest user interaction flows I have seen in one of those devices, and if I was in the market for one, that is the one I would get!

Thanks, we have worked very hard on getting this to have a really easy-to-use interface. 

5 hours ago, Higgie said:

If it’s a reasonable price i’ll be very tempted by this. UI looks super clean and I can’t think of a single other unit that does what this does. Big thumbs up from me 👍

Of course it’ll be reasonable, in line with the component, manufacturing, assembly and development costs. (That doesn’t meant it’ll be cheap though.)

Edited by Quatschmacher

4 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Of course it’ll be reasonable, in line with the component, manufacturing, assembly and development costs. (That doesn’t meant it’ll be cheap though.)

Yeah I get that. Reasonable to the developer and reasonable to the consumer are often very different though 😂 I’ll reserve judgement until we actually have an official price.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Higgie said:

Yeah I get that. Reasonable to the developer and reasonable to the consumer are often very different though 😂 I’ll reserve judgement until we actually have an official price.

Well aware of that - many consumers want everything as cheap as possible without really thinking about what stuff actually costs in terms of work and materials. This isn’t a mega corporation with access to mass production and a huge budget. Quite the opposite - I’ve put a few thousand hours of unpaid work into this. 

• Like 1

On 02/10/2022 at 12:58, Quatschmacher said:

Well aware of that - many consumers want everything as cheap as possible without really thinking about what stuff actually costs in terms of work and materials. This isn’t a mega corporation with access to mass production and a huge budget. Quite the opposite - I’ve put a few thousand hours of unpaid work into this. 

Yeah of course the work and materials costs for a unit like this will be pretty high, especially with the size of the team developing it. Good on you for dedicating so much time to a product you really believe in - it certainly seems like an awesome bit of kit that a lot of people would love to have, me included, and even if you never sold one, it’s something to be proud of purely from what your collective efforts have produced. Looking forward to seeing what the final cost will be.

Edited by Higgie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 30/09/2022 at 20:15, GisserD said:

That's very impressive!

+1^^ No question, an amazing bit of kit that would open up the world of midi even for complete novices like me. 

You've had my views on pricing already - which sadly is likely to be the stumbling block for my getting one.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

+1^^ No question, an amazing bit of kit that would open up the world of midi even for complete novices like me. 

You've had my views on pricing already - which sadly is likely to be the stumbling block for my getting one.

Yes, it looks great.

The matter of pricing will decide whether it sells well or not; if it's too high then it simply won't be viable for many people to buy, whereas if it's nice and low it'll attract more buyers.

On the flipside, the business has to make a profit or it isn't a business, so the selling price has to cover costs plus give a return.

Presumably there is a business model which maps out the costs, including R&D, manufacturing, advertising, sales, distribution, taxes, and so-on; the selling price will be somewhere above where their graph crosses break-even.

The sales model will either be sell-many cheaply or sell fewer at a premium price.

Since this is a niche product, I'd be doubtful of large volume sales, so it'll presumably have to be a premium price.

• Like 1