Why become a member? ×

A tale of woe - a warning

fleabag

Your OP was very amusingly written @fleabag   Foxtrot Oscar is now embedded in my vocab😊

I use either UPS direct when I had an account at work or TransglobalExpress  https://www.transglobalexpress.co.uk/

Used to use them for sending stuff to Shanghai (ooh, get me) but they're just as good for UK stuff. Best thing is they have excellent phone support and their insurance looks good too (although untested by me)

• Haha 1

More amusement.  Despite the ' live ' chat  ( real person in real time, )  telling my she was cancelling my booking, and refund back to my card in 5-7 days, the money has not appeared. That was over 8 days ago

Back onto live chat again today, i ask where the hell is my money, go through all the same carp as before,  postcodes, tracking, ref numbers, invoice numbers etc, tell real person  that the previous real person cancelled my booking because of Yodels rediculous system, but my money has not been repaid

Real person says she's looked into this and it wasnt cancelled by previous  real person.   So first real person, she lie like a persian rug.  Outright lie.

Today's real person cancels my booking and this time i get .PNG  that downloads from the chatbox to my PC so i check the file, and this time , it's official.

Another 5-7 day wait.  Marvellous.

Bonobos could run a tighter ship than this bunch of degenerates

• Like 3

Can’t be any worse than PF deciding to grant me 1 day to pay the customs duties on a parcel from Germany (this is online only, tracking mentions customs duties but no amount or reference with which to pay) before deciding to return the parcel to the sender. Customs duties letter arrived in the post this morning, 11 days after the parcel cleared customs. Phoning them 11 days ago they told me not to pay the charges until the parcel reached the local depot. It never did - just went into the hub, into and out of customs twice and back to the hub. Phoning them today, the parcel is in the (shadowy) “international hub” on its way back to Germany and they’ve put in a request to stop it being returned but a) the hub takes a minimum of 14 days to respond and b) it probably won’t make any difference (PF lady’s words). I expressed my dissatisfaction and she said “there’s nothing I can do “ and put the phone down. The customs letter states they will “hold the parcel for 20 days before returning to the sender”. I’ve had this experience as a recipient before with PF, unfortunately I wasn’t aware they would be the courier until it was too late. Utter sh1te, rude, incompetent and useless organisation.

• Like 1

Yeah i've heard that Stevie but that's mostly rubbish. I suppose if the sellotape had lots of folds / ridges / too many wraps, maybe.

I've used sellotape for barcode labels since barcode labels came out for parcels. Never had one fail a scanner till this thread i started.

Not only that, the shop can type in the tracking code on the label, manually, into the scanner. That would totally rule out the sellotape mucking things up.

The 3 times they tried this at 2 different shops, even manual entering the number proved to still throw up an error  ...  something was duff at Yodels end and they still told me the label was a good 'un, its the shop's scanners.    zzzzzzzzzzzz

Post-Brexit and Post-Covid, the shipping industry is a nightmare. After a week or so of inaction by UPS, my bass neck is now out for delivery today (see my Import nightmare thread) but the Alnico speaker I bought three weeks ago is stuck with Hermes in a transit 'incident'. The seller is keeping in touch but I feel a discussion about a refund coming on by the end of next week. Of all couriers, Hermes are the worst, and rebranding as 'Evri' isn't going to cure that by a long chalk!

• Like 2

On 08/09/2022 at 18:59, fleabag said:

Yeah i've heard that Stevie but that's mostly rubbish. I suppose if the sellotape had lots of folds / ridges / too many wraps, maybe.

I wouldn't claim from my limited experience that all or even many scanners are fooled by sellotape, or that this was even a problem in your case, @fleabag, but it certainly happened to me a few times that a scanner couldn't read the QR code when there was sellotape over it and reprinting the label fixed the problem. YMMV, as they say on the internet.

• 3 weeks later...

A month ago an e bay seller refunded the postage telling me there is a Royal Mail strike, what a nice gesture.

Now they are on strike again and my item is  late again.

Another parcels that should've arrived yesterday, the tracking says: Routed to incorrect depot. This is Hermes, they changed their name to Evri but the service quality did not, still appalling!

Edited by SH73

I rue the “quality” of drops offs.

Trying to return a Thomas purchase using DHL.

a simple process you’d think.

Not one but TWO locally listed drop off points refused to take the item as they said they had stopped a year ago dealing with DHL!

Frustrating is an understatement.

But Thomann have arranged a collection, keep your fingers crossed for me.

S’manth x