Why become a member? ×

Bugera veyron T Vs Hartke LH 1000/500

Niiranen

Well , were all know that - it's hard to choose but when it's done we're happy .... ( For a while ) 😉

I have first maked I want the Bugera T , but now I'm more rolling to the Hartke LH1000 

I'm a oldschool player , don't play slap or metal ... Play , - You know the old stock from when we were young 60-70'ties 

One way I like the Hartke ..... It's simple , and the tube sounds is always there without make distortion .... 

But maybe the time is passed and now buying the class D and control it anyway ????

Although the LH1000 is a good amp with loads of power, it has a rather limited passive tone stack (that I never liked) and is heavyweight by today's standards. If you can get your sound with the tone stack and the weight isn't a problem then it's a good amp if you really need 1000 watts. Personally, I would go for either of the Bugera Veyron class D heads, one of which is an Ampeg PF800 clone, the other a Genz Benz Streamliner 800 clone. Both have much more EQ flexibility than the Hartke.

Yes - the Bugera was in rest order at Thoman - not many places to pick up equipment today ( now in store at Thoman ) so I got the LH 1000 used for cheap money ...

One way I like it and it could be a keeper ..... But it have a power delay - and sometimes wait long ....maybe 20 sec before 'click' and then sounds are through ....and then sometimes 1/2 min later sounds are off ....and then come on later again ....and stay on   ( I have got it 5-6 days now ) 

We have a little gig to'morrow , but I'm not really comfortable with it 

The Bugera is in store now so maybe I buy that ..... Really important your equipment is working 

I had an LH1000 for a while... it was a big lump!  

It didn't take a good 15 seconds or so to power up and you have to be aware if using the Speakon connector and the balance control is at 12:00 you will get less volume than if you had cabs connected to the 1/4 outs!  The Bugera will not be anywhere near as powerful in the real world, maybe 500-600w but the difference in perceived output will be negligible.  

Until now I played on a borrowed carvin pro bass 300 so the Bugera will be powerful enough ...... We don't play really big places ....And I have bought the GR 212 slim speaker and they are great .... A keeper 

I use the speakon so no use for the balance 

• 1 month later...
On 07/08/2022 at 10:15, warwickhunt said:

I had an LH1000 for a while... it was a big lump!  

It didn't take a good 15 seconds or so to power up and you have to be aware if using the Speakon connector and the balance control is at 12:00 you will get less volume than if you had cabs connected to the 1/4 outs!  The Bugera will not be anywhere near as powerful in the real world, maybe 500-600w but the difference in perceived output will be negligible.  

The real power off a Veyron is over 700 watts and the difference between that and the 1000W of the Hartke is inconsequential. Even if the Hatrtke IS 1000W the difference is irrelevant and in fact only 500W into a single cabinet. So then you have to then look at the other issues. The choice is yours.

On 23/09/2022 at 22:18, BassmanPaul said:

I own a lot of Carvin equipment from basses to power amps and other rack equipment. When the company was operating they made very reliable gear.

Agreed. A shame they went out of business. I have a B1000 head and it's excellent. Very good and extensive eq and plenty of power. It's a little more transparent sounding than my AG700. I also use it to drive the monitors in my PA. I like it a lot.

• Like 1

I’ve got a Veyron that is my main squeeze. I’ve also had a LH500. Both the Veyron and the Hartke are as loud as you’ll ever need, never mind the 1000!

Theres no pre post switch on the hartke for DI so you have to use a jack from the tuner (I think) socket for post eq DI.

The Hartke’s tone stack isn’t very intuitive but it does sound really good. It’s very clean so forget about valve drive.

The Bugera is incredibly loud. Well equipped and more intuitive to use. Also has an onboard compressor which sounds good if used sparingly. 

it sounds like the Hartke you’ve bought is faulty sadly. I’ve read about similar issues with these in the past.

Hope this helps. For me, they’re both good amps but I’d go for the Bugera.

• Like 1

On 24/09/2022 at 08:20, Chienmortbb said:

The real power off a Veyron is over 700 watts and the difference between that and the 1000W of the Hartke is inconsequential. Even if the Hatrtke IS 1000W the difference is irrelevant and in fact only 500W into a single cabinet. So then you have to then look at the other issues. The choice is yours.

incidentally , just to others help, the LH1000 bridges it’s full output in to 4 ohms - and, when measured properly, dumps out 1100W RMS in to said load. The power supply is hefty and definitely delivers a weighty sound.

Although it isn’t advertised or suggested, technically each 500W module in the LH can handle 2 ohms (hence the 4 ohm bridge capability).

/geek 

• Like 1

On 03/10/2022 at 16:24, Dood said:

incidentally , just to others help, the LH1000 bridges it’s full output in to 4 ohms - and, when measured properly, dumps out 1100W RMS in to said load. The power supply is hefty and definitely delivers a weighty sound.

Although it isn’t advertised or suggested, technically each 500W module in the LH can handle 2 ohms (hence the 4 ohm bridge capability).

/geek 

I tried a LH1000 through an EBS Proline 8x10 once. The owner of the rehearsal studio turned the master volume up just over halfway for ‘a laugh’ in bridged mode. I honestly thought I was going to be physically ill.   There is a serious amount of power on tap in bridged mode.

At ‘normal’ volume levels it was a really great but not very portable set up. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thodrik said:

I tried a LH1000 through an EBS Proline 8x10 once. The owner of the rehearsal studio turned the master volume up just over halfway for ‘a laugh’ in bridged mode. I honestly thought I was going to be physically ill.   There is a serious amount of power on tap in bridged mode.

At ‘normal’ volume levels it was a really great but not very portable set up. 

I also found that I could run very hot pickups in to the high gain input for tons more output level without fearing the front end distorting. Gobs of clean power for not much money.

• Like 2