Why become a member? ×

Roqsolid cabinet covers - pictures / advice please

Nickthebass

I'm going to order covers for a Get 2 Midget and Compact (15) most likely from Roqsolid (with the added foam stuff). Does anyone have a picture of one that they could share? I'd like to get a sense of how big the placeholder strap is.

I was planning to get the covers in "carry mode" (i.e. with the handle on the top) which would mean that one of the long sides of the cabs is only covered by this strap.

Anyone got any better alternatives to Roqsolid or know who makes the current Barefaced covers?

I recently got a cover for my Ashdown 4 x 10 from them and they are a nice piece of kit. Size was perfect thanks to @Lozz196 having placed an order with them before for the same cab. It took 4 weeks for the order to be made but it`s worth the wait.

A couple of other folks mentioned Hotcovers based in sunny Carluke as well.

20220716_185028.thumb.jpg.8ab622ee41ef761907576f2906387ee4.jpg

Edited by jezzaboy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jezzaboy said:

I recently got a cover for my Ashdown 4 x 10 from them and they are a nice piece of kit. Size was perfect thanks to @Lozz196 having placed an order with them before for the same cab. It took 4 weeks for the order to be made but it`s worth the wait.

A couple of other folks mentioned Hotcovers based in sunny Carluke as well.

20220716_185028.thumb.jpg.8ab622ee41ef761907576f2906387ee4.jpg

Did you get the retainer strap on the bottom? If so - how big is it?

5 hours ago, Nickthebass said:

Did you get the retainer strap on the bottom? If so - how big is it?

No. They said I wouldn`t need it on a large cab. The fit is so good that the cover stays on itself but is still easy to remove. Mine has the inner sleeve that you can slide something into such as a piece of heavy duty cardboard or similar for extra protection due to having only a cloth grill. One of the guys recommend it and it`s only a few extra quid.

I have the roqsolid covers for my gen2 midgets, with the strap and the pocket for the grille protection (I used some very rigid foam board) 

I bought the covers when I got the cabs which were some of the last made before the switch to gen3. Mine have held up great, just minor fraying in the edging at the corners. 

DSC_0850.JPG

• Thanks 1

I have both Roqsolid and Hotcovers. Hotcovers are of better quality and more thickly padded (I use them for my PA speakers). Roqsolid are perfectly decent - if a little less abuse-proof - and cheaper than Hotcovers. You pays yer money and takes yer choioce.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have Roqsolid covers for my two Barefaced One10s and Super Midget.  I got the strap underneath for the One10s but didn't bother with the Super Midget cover, it's not necessary as the covers are a tight fit.  I would recommend them.

I have a Barefaced cover with my Super Compact.  It has a Roqsolid label on it.

Edited by BillyBass

On 23/07/2022 at 11:10, Nickthebass said:

I'm going to order covers for a Get 2 Midget and Compact (15) most likely from Roqsolid (with the added foam stuff). Does anyone have a picture of one that they could share? I'd like to get a sense of how big the placeholder strap is.

I was planning to get the covers in "carry mode" (i.e. with the handle on the top) which would mean that one of the long sides of the cabs is only covered by this strap.

Anyone got any better alternatives to Roqsolid or know who makes the current Barefaced covers?

I've sent you a PM Nick.

Frank.