Why become a member? ×

4 x 12 cabinets

Guest MoJo

Only questioning it because if you've heard one 4x12" and liked the sound of it, then if you start looking at other 4x12"s you might as well look at every other cab - the speaker configuration will not tell you how it sounds or performs! So if you like the Marshall then buy the Marshall - choose any other cab and it's a lucky dip as to how it will sound.

Alex

If you decide to go for the Marshall and are visiting Scotland any time soon (or not so soon lol) I have one going for £150. Been trying to sell it for bloody ages but just aint getting any bites. No one in Scotland seems to want a 4x12!

[quote name='alexclaber' post='464115' date='Apr 16 2009, 04:45 PM']Why a 4x12"?

Alex[/quote]

I've had 2x10, 4x10, 1x15 and 1x12 and of all of them I preferred the sound of the 12". Not so muddy as a 15" with almost as much bark as 10's. A 4x12 should move enough air for most of my pub gigs. I really did like the sound of the VBC I heard recently but secondhand examples are few and far between (unless you live in Scotland :) ) and I don't want to take the loss on a new one. Just wondered if anyone else made them as the trend seems to be multiples of 10" drivers these days.

I have been offered the use of a 2x12 which was lent to a fellow player to 'try'. He ended up keeping it for two and a half years claiming it to produce an incredible sound. We'll see how that works out.

Edited by bassman2790

[quote name='The_D' post='464280' date='Apr 16 2009, 06:52 PM']If you decide to go for the Marshall and are visiting Scotland any time soon (or not so soon lol) I have one going for £150. Been trying to sell it for bloody ages but just aint getting any bites. No one in Scotland seems to want a 4x12![/quote]

I saw your post and was wondering whether to send you a PM. It's just the distance as you can appreciate. If you were nearer, I'd snap your hand off. I expect sending it via courier would cost me a small fortune considering it's size and weight. Would you be interested in finding out how much it would cost to ship it to my DY3 address?

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='464441' date='Apr 16 2009, 09:37 PM']Aguilar GS 412, totally awesome.[/quote]

Probably a bit out of my league, price-wise, but thanks for the suggestion

[quote name='alexclaber' post='464156' date='Apr 16 2009, 05:15 PM']Only questioning it because if you've heard one 4x12" and liked the sound of it, then if you start looking at other 4x12"s you might as well look at every other cab - the speaker configuration will not tell you how it sounds or performs! So if you like the Marshall then buy the Marshall - choose any other cab and it's a lucky dip as to how it will sound.

Alex[/quote]

You're probably right, thanks

[quote name='crez5150' post='464197' date='Apr 16 2009, 05:41 PM']One of the best sounding cab's I've had was a 4 x 12 Tech Sound Systems cab...... I loved it!!!!![/quote]

I think a few people here have tried that cab, and again - good reports.

[quote name='Hamster' post='464506' date='Apr 16 2009, 10:31 PM']I think a few people here have tried that cab, and again - good reports.[/quote]

Big thumbs up here too! - Oh.. and I realise this is going even further away from what you are looking for, but the 6x12 by Tech is nothing short of incredible!

[quote name='bassman2790' post='464358' date='Apr 16 2009, 08:09 PM']I saw your post and was wondering whether to send you a PM. It's just the distance as you can appreciate. If you were nearer, I'd snap your hand off. I expect sending it via courier would cost me a small fortune considering it's size and weight. Would you be interested in finding out how much it would cost to ship it to my DY3 address?[/quote]

I could look into it. Dont get your hopes up though as its prob gonna cost a lot like you said lol!

Had a look at interparcel and if the dimensions and weight are correct from [url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/marshall_vbc412.htm?feedid=4827"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/marshall_vbc412.htm?feedid=4827[/url] then we are talking £42.96 +VAT.

I am actually quite surprised by that. Thought it would be more!

Edited by The_D

I've got a Burman 4x12 which I wouldn't mind moving ( if I could bloody well lift it). Me thinks Crazikiwi might just be interested judging by the avatar. Apparently it used to belong to a Mr. Sting when he was bass player with Last Exit in these parts before he joined the force.

Just a thought - is Sting related to that bloke who played the part of Bergerac on telly?