Why become a member? ×

Bumper weekend of Harley Benton basses and bloody nice they are too 🙂

Friday night I spotted @jezzaboy had a cracking black/maple JB-75  in the sales ads. Wee trip to Paisley on Saturday and I was again the proud owner of the Thomann jazz bass 👍

Plenty has been said about these over the years , brilliant bit of kit . The 12lb weight doesn't bother me in the slightest.

BTW

Gerry, followed your directions and was home in no time; cheers pal 😎

Today also saw me travelling west for bass. Young lad in Lanark was selling a PB-50 on Gumtree, OK it's a leftie PB-50 but I've a plan 😀 

601112511_HBforpennies.thumb.jpg.aeae8ec99a2715c751e7916d9b4b9544.jpg

• Like 4

To be fair, that 12lbs weight for a sort-of-75 could well be the most accurate (and bravest) bit of copy work I've seen in a while - I (briefly) had a 78 Jazz that was around the 12lbs mark...the best thing I can say about it (not yours, obv), was that when you propped a door open with it, it stayed propped open... 😕🙂

Edited by Muzz

@Muzz

Aye, that's a good call and one folk complaining about Peavey T-40s forget 👍

I've near 40 year on the tools in the building game, struggling to think of anything that weighs just 12 lb.

When I started cement bags were 110 lbs, today they are 55 lbs. Like I said, 12lbs doesn't phase me 🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kodiakblair said:

Today also saw me travelling west for bass. Young lad in Lanark was selling a PB-50 on Gumtree, OK it's a leftie PB-50 but I've a plan 😀 

What's the plan?? Very interested in what these can do, the price is so tempting.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kodiakblair said:

@Muzz

Aye, that's a good call and one folk complaining about Peavey T-40s forget 👍

I've near 40 year on the tools in the building game, struggling to think of anything that weighs just 12 lb.

When I started cement bags were 110 lbs, today they are 55 lbs. Like I said, 12lbs doesn't phase me 🙂

Started as an errand boy at a local grocer shop when I started Grammar school, tasks included carrying 56lbs bags of potatoes from the outside store area to the front of the shop. (Aged 12yrs) Today some Wokey busybody would probably claim it was child exploitation :D.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

What's the plan??

9 hours ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

Looking forward to seeing the plan come together Davy. 

Stealing from Mr Hill again.

Not a fan of his band but the man had great taste when it came to basses and beards 😃

786297352_Dustybass.thumb.jpg.db0e8dd595a1a3926351777678b0e2b3.jpg

1 hour ago, jezzaboy said:

Glad to see that your plan to cut down on the amount of basses you own is going well! :D

Think that plan is on the back burner 🤣

• Like 6