Why become a member? ×

Kick drum logo - skin or sticker?

Paul S

My band are going to get a kick drum logo.  Seems there are various options.  Getting a whole new skin with the logo printed is, I guess, the very best thing.  At the other end of the scale you can get a vinyl sticker for 1/10th of the cost.  Has anyone used the stick on vinyl?  Any good?  The old adage is that if something sounds too good to be true then generally it is - but vinyl stickers/wrap technology does seem to be pretty good these days.  

All opinions welcomed :) 

Muchas gracias.

Tim Allen @ gig ink... Skin It for a pro look but maybe pricy...

If its a simple-ish logo, single colour - or individual bits made up of different colours? - I've had a few custom stickers made by Omni Vinyl on the bay... very helpful and nothing to loose for around a Fiver...

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for that Silvia, I agree it is worth getting a proper job done having thought about it.  That lot looks good and in the grand scheme of things isn't a lot of money.  

The gig ink's 'skin it' page doesn't seem to want to work.

• Like 1

I've just had a read through the Custom Skins guidelines and FAQ, and I'm impressed. They haven't made it complicated for those who are just going to cobble something together in Paint or Word Art and at the same time it's not been over-simplified for those of us who know what we are doing when it comes to presenting graphics for print. On that basis alone they should be congratulated.

• Like 1

On 17/07/2022 at 21:44, mike257 said:

I used this chap, who's highly recommended on a lot of the drummers groups on Facebook, for a printed skin ahead of a tour earlier this year. Reasonably priced, good comms, and managed to do a rush job for us and actually hand delivered it to the audio company where our truck was being loaded. 

https://m.facebook.com/100042380572187/

Al is a good friend of mine and has done some awesome work. 

• Thanks 1