Why become a member? Γ—

NPD: Laney Digbeth DB-PRE (featuring: graphs! πŸ“ˆπŸ“‰)

MartinB

To me the digbeth is much more neutral. Yes you can tweak the eq and make It dirtier but it doesn't 'colour' your sound the way a sansamp does (for the record, have never used the VT bass, only the v1 sansamp and paradriver). Depends what you are looking for, or alternatively do what I do and run the sansamp into the digbeth - footwitchable drive and advanced eq while still getting the baked in sound of the sansamp (yes this is cumbersome but it does work surprisingly well).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Supernaut said:

I was after a more neutral preamp with a DI that could do the edge of valve breakup sound. I have been looking at this, the Battalion and the Tonehammer. Have to say, the Laney has impressed me in all the soundclips.Β 

Ild like to try one as it does sound good in soundclipsΒ 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, thisisswanbon said:

I feel like this should be the Digbeth owners club, as the info is great...

Β 

on that note - Has anyone come up with a work around or solution for the quiet Aux in?Β  After reading reviews and personal experience, it seems a lot quieter than any other aux in I've previously had.

Β 

My aux in is fine? There's a volume dial next to it from memory?Β 

Β 

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/08/2023 at 23:43, MartinB said:

Still enjoying this pedal a lot! I've got it dialled in nicely now, and I'm using it weekly with IEMs for ampless rehearsals.
Here's me attempting to remember a bassline that I learned about 25 years ago:

Β 

Β 

PJ bass - P pickup only - tone rolled off a bit - plectrum
Little bit of 4:1 compression in front from a Keeley Bassist
DB-PRE settings: bass 7 - lo-mid 2 (switch down, so ~700Hz) - hi-mid 7 - tube channel - drive 6
Β 

And the bypassed signal, for comparison:

Β 

Β 

Proof that the tube drive actually really does sound like a tube amp, fantastic.

On 15/08/2022 at 12:58, mario_buoninfante said:

I'm also thinking this might be normal since the SEND comes after the PREAMP/EQ section on the pedal, so in my previous setup the signal from the MXR wasn't going through the preamp section at all.

Sorry, I just bought the DIgbeth DI, andΒ  I'm searching for information until it arrive.

Β 

Get confused, reading the manual the send/return is after the EQ? Whats the advantage them? Always thoughΒ  effect loop was before the EQ.

Β 

It ins't the same as using the effects between the bass and the DI?

• 5 weeks later...

Update on the quiet aux in issue...

Β 

Contacted Laney, who arranged to have the unit collected, modified it so that the aux in is a much better level, and shipped it back to me under warranty πŸ‘Œ. Can't get any more fair than that!

• Like 6

On 23/08/2023 at 12:06, Supernaut said:

How does this compare with the Tech 21 VT Bass DI?Β 
Β 

Big fan of Laney. I really liked their RB series amps.Β 

I have no experience with either, but given that the Tech 21 VT Bass got a build in speaker sim filter and that the Digibeth doesn't I'd say probably quite a lot, and I would think the VT Bass to sound more processed and the Digibeth to sound more neutralΒ in comparison in relation to the input signal.Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β