Why become a member? ×

NBD CIJ PB70 99 reissue

Duroc17

On 16/07/2022 at 13:12, Gareth Hughes said:

My main bass for a few years now is a PB70-70US in Olympic White, with a rosewood fingerboard. Strung with light gauge Ernie Ball Cobalt Flats, something about it is just righteous. Really great instruments all round.

I don’t understand the model numbers though - other than US means it came with US pickups as stock. Anyone know what the 70 before the US means?

If you ever think you might sell that, let me know :)

Si

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gareth Hughes said:

Of all the basses I’ve had, this is the one that made Precisions click for me, and more than any other I can confidently say this is the one that’s staying with me to the end.

I don’t blame you 😊

Si

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

Certainly wish I still had my two PB 70US basses. Amazing instruments.

Same. The PB 70US models are superb. I'll have another one day!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That looks awesome. I’ve just got hold of a cij on-62 and it’s ace. I’d say a step up in tone from my American Special. The neck on the American Special is ace and this is too in a different way. A bit more depth but just as easy to find my way around. Can’t fault the build quality. Hope it goes awesome. 

11 hours ago, Thunderpaws said:

That looks awesome. I’ve just got hold of a cij on-62 and it’s ace. I’d say a step up in tone from my American Special. The neck on the American Special is ace and this is too in a different way. A bit more depth but just as easy to find my way around. Can’t fault the build quality. Hope it goes awesome. 

Thanks Thunderpaws - I agree these are ace! I've really connected with this bass and been playing it everyday - i keep picking it up - it's become number one bass - it's not got the power of my custom build who's neck is more forgiving - the CIJ is more precise which the clue is in the name but there's something about the neck that i love - so good like you say to get around it 

I also had a white PB62 that had aged to a lovely cream - that was superb - but this one is the one!...for now (damn you GAS)