Why become a member? ×

If you had an Ibanez Fairy Godmother

Born 2B Mild

[quote name='ARGH' post='460694' date='Apr 12 2009, 06:48 PM']The Destroyer the Tom Angelripper played.[/quote]

+1 The bass player from the Bay Area thrashers Possessed used one as well.

TBH, I'm an Iceman fan, so an ideal for me would have to be something like the ICB300 or the early 90's ICB500... but only if it's passive. Blame Celtic Frost for the Iceman thing... :)

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='461430' date='Apr 13 2009, 07:24 PM']Never been a big fan of Ibanez, but I do like the look of the BTB770PB.[/quote]
I've got the BTB775PB (same, but 5-string). Gorgeous to behold. Kind of like a stag beetle mated with a tree:

It's a big bass, and it's pretty heavy, but you can feel [i]everything[/i] resonating through your very being. The 18V active circuit is awesome -- the EQ's really powerful, so you can get pretty much any sound you want out of it, and it's got the highest output I've ever experienced from a bass.

You have to be prepared for the 35" scale, though. It's a bigger adjustment than I thought it'd be. Especially if I've spent an afternoon fiddling on the Ashbory! :)

A 5902 from 1964.

Why ? my first bass given to me by my brothers friend in 1976 . I stripped the body and french polished it and added a Gibson Grabber style style scratch plate. When the headstock snapped for the 3rd time I retired it and cannot remember what happened to it.

[attachment=23820:la_c_5902.jpg]

My Bruce Foxton impression with the bass back in 78.... :)
[attachment=23821:IMG_0581.JPG]

[quote name='yorick' post='463049' date='Apr 15 2009, 03:01 PM']One of these... Ibanez Roadstar II

[url="http://www.uglybassplayer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11048"]http://www.uglybassplayer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11048[/url] :wub:[/quote]
Hmmm. That would be quite lovely in a different colour, but the combination of purple finish, gold hardware and white binding really sets my teeth on edge. :wacko:

Each to their own. :)

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1973-Ibanez-Artist-bass-Rare-vintage-collectable_W0QQitemZ110378783808"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1973-Ibanez-Artist-b...emZ110378783808[/url]

All I need now is for my Ibanez Fairy Godmother to scarf up the £750... :)

J.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm late to this game so I don't know anything of the earlier stuff. I think I prefer the streamlined look of the current basses.

It's got to be the SR4000E Prestige. Beautiful clean simplicity, mahogany body for deep lows, mono-rail bridge and finished in "stained red". Unfortunately they're about 1500 Euro's.

Lesser GAS for the SR500. Very similar body, but I can't stand the dark brown mahogany colour even if it is £1000 cheaper than the 4000E. Now if it were in a reddish mahogany, hmmm?

Don't like the gothic horn on the BTB series although the shape makes a good handle and consequently the top strap pin is in an almost perfect position.

Balcro.

[quote name='Balcro' post='488753' date='May 15 2009, 12:14 PM']I'm late to this game so I don't know anything of the earlier stuff. I think I prefer the streamlined look of the current basses.

It's got to be the SR4000E Prestige. Beautiful clean simplicity, mahogany body for deep lows, mono-rail bridge and finished in "stained red". Unfortunately they're about 1500 Euro's.

Lesser GAS for the SR500. Very similar body, but I can't stand the dark brown mahogany colour even if it is £1000 cheaper than the 4000E. Now if it were in a reddish mahogany, hmmm?

Don't like the gothic horn on the BTB series although the shape makes a good handle and consequently the top strap pin is in an almost perfect position.

Balcro.[/quote]

Just got a SR500, in some lights it looks a little 'cherry red', but I suppose it depends on the wood. Tan strap.
Enc pic with colour chart.