Why become a member? ×

fender reissue!

i like the look of this!

especially for that price

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Jazz-Reissue-Burgundy-Mist-4-String-Bass-Guitar_W0QQitemZ250402482158QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item250402482158&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Jazz-Reissue-...A1%7C240%3A1318[/url]

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='460158' date='Apr 11 2009, 09:53 PM']i like the look of this!

especially for that price

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Jazz-Reissue-Burgundy-Mist-4-String-Bass-Guitar_W0QQitemZ250402482158QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item250402482158&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Jazz-Reissue-...A1%7C240%3A1318[/url][/quote]

£500 for a used Mexican Jazz?

The colour may be unusual and I agree that the look is good but I took a mate to GuitarGuitar in Newcastle and he picked up a 'brand new' (old stock 2008) Mexican Jazz for £349... so not sure about your price affirmation! :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='460219' date='Apr 11 2009, 11:33 PM']£500 for a used Mexican Jazz?

The colour may be unusual and I agree that the look is good but I took a mate to GuitarGuitar in Newcastle and he picked up a 'brand new' (old stock 2008) Mexican Jazz for £349... so not sure about your price affirmation! :)[/quote]

I'm looking for another Precision and can't help help noticing that there's some very optimistic pricing of MIMs on ebay at the moment.

Without wishing to re-start the 'mint' debate (as in "it's either mint or it's not"), I note that the seller states this bass is both "pre-owned" [i]and[/i] 95% mint.

Or looked at another way, "previously-cherished and only 5% f***ed up."

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='460219' date='Apr 11 2009, 11:33 PM']£500 for a used Mexican Jazz?

The colour may be unusual and I agree that the look is good but I took a mate to GuitarGuitar in Newcastle and he picked up a 'brand new' (old stock 2008) Mexican Jazz for £349... so not sure about your price affirmation! :)[/quote]

Yeah actually thinking about it i must have just blacked out for a minute when i posted that!!

Its mexican!! its not good value for money!! and its pink for christ's sake!! lol

:rolleyes:

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='460240' date='Apr 12 2009, 12:00 AM']Yeah actually thinking about it i must have just blacked out for a minute when i posted that!!

Its mexican!! its not good value for money!! and [u]its pink for christ's sake[/u]!! lol

:rolleyes:[/quote]

Nothing wrong with being in touch with one's feminine side. :)

I'm not knocking them as a store but looking at some of their eBay pricing I do wonder... £1645 for BO neck Warwick Streamer LX!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warwick-LX-Streamer-Flamed-Maple-4-String-Bass-Guitar_W0QQitemZ270360023138QQihZ017QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warwick-LX-Streamer-...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

[quote name='Beedster' post='460221' date='Apr 11 2009, 11:38 PM']I'm looking for another Precision and can't help help noticing that there's some very optimistic pricing of MIMs on ebay at the moment.[/quote]

[quote name='Hamster' post='460225' date='Apr 11 2009, 11:44 PM']That bass is just a little overpriced - to the tune of around £250 notes :wacko:[/quote]

For the un-initiated above, there is a world of difference between classic series MIM's and other MIM's.

This bass is a classic series jazz in a custom color.

Edited by donhills

I'never checked their stuff in huge detail but the stuff I have noticed advertised by Absolute is usually listed at way over the price stuff sells for here.

I've actually used them as an example of what great prices I've offered on stuff in the past because they've made my stuff look like an absoluite (sic) steal!

[quote name='donhills' post='460650' date='Apr 12 2009, 04:53 PM']For the un-initiated above, there is a world of difference between classic series MIM's and other MIM's.

This bass is a classic series jazz in a custom color.[/quote]

Easy Tiger, most of us are initiated. If it's on sale used at AMS for £500, it's worth £300.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='460905' date='Apr 13 2009, 12:06 AM']As near as I can establish by doing some on-line searching, the difference is that the classic series is available for 'LESS' new than this is used! :)[/quote]

Ah. Glad you cleared that up WH ..
:rolleyes:

Edited by OldGit

OK so here beginith the lesson on MIM classic series basses.

For all of you lusting after a p bass, do yourself a favour and get a 50's classic series p bass. New about £460 if you hurry and used from £300 upwards. Here is what they say on the Fender forum about these basses:-

[url="http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html?db=&topic_number=707395&lastpost=2009-04-1305:35:31"]http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html?db=&...9-04-1305:35:31[/url]

For those of you lusting after a jazz bass, get a 60's classic series j bass, add £50-£100 to above prices.

A simple way of differentiating between classic series basses and the normal MIM is generally the classic series basses is that the former will have a truss rod adjusting at the neck butt whereas the non-classic series basses will have truss rods adjusting at the head - where the tuners are.

Am I qualified to venture this opinion?

Well yes I believe I am. I have many Fender basses including original 60's and 70's basses, Fullerton and later USA vintage reissues and a recent CS jazz plus JV p's and j's plus later MIJ and CIJ basses.

I also have the classic series basses - a 50's p, a 60's j and a Reggie Hamilton.

These classic series basses are great basses.

SO the one under discussion, may or may not be over-priced but I guarantee that it will be a great bass in a rare colour, and the equal of any MIJ, CIJ or JV bass and probably equal to many US Fenders. No affiliation to the seller.

Hope this helps.

Edited by donhills

[quote name='donhills' post='461420' date='Apr 13 2009, 07:13 PM']OK so here beginith the lesson on MIM classic series basses.

For all of you lusting after a p bass, do yourself a favour and get a 50's classic series p bass. New about £460 if you hurry and used from £300 upwards. Here is what they say on the Fender forum about these basses:-

[url="http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html?db=&topic_number=707395&lastpost=2009-04-1305:35:31"]http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html?db=&...9-04-1305:35:31[/url]

For those of you lusting after a jazz bass, get a 60's classic series p bass, add £50-£100 to above prices.

A simple way of differentiating between classic series basses and the normal MIM is generally the classic series basses is that the former will have a truss rod adjusting at the neck butt whereas the non-classic series basses will have truss rods adjusting at the head - where the tuners are.

Am I qualified to venture this opinion?

Well yes I believe I am. I have many Fender basses including original 60's and 70's basses, Fullerton and later USA vintage reissues and a recent CS jazz plus JV p's and j's plus later MIJ and CIJ basses.

I also have the classic series basses - a 50's p, a 60's j and a Reggie Hamilton.

These classic series basses are great basses.

SO the one under discussion, may or may not be over-priced but I guarantee that it will be a great bass in a rare colour, and the equal of any MIJ, CIJ or JV bass and probably equal to many US Fenders. No affiliation to the seller.

Hope this helps.[/quote]

Thanks,
That's helpful.
Shame they didn't paint the headstock though ......

Just to extend on what 'donhills' said, those 60s classic jazz basses [i]can[/i] be great. I posted this in another thread but i'll say it again here. I tried two in a music shop, same basses (mexican 60s classic jazz), one sounded perfect, an all round stunning jazz tone and the other was a load of s**t. So from this I gather there may be a trend for inconsistency in the mexican lines. I'm not saying there bad, quite the contrary, but i'd advise to try before you buy where possible.

[quote name='mathewsanchez' post='461639' date='Apr 13 2009, 10:14 PM']Just to extend on what 'donhills' said, those 60s classic jazz basses [i]can[/i] be great. I posted this in another thread but i'll say it again here. I tried two in a music shop, same basses (mexican 60s classic jazz), one sounded perfect, an all round stunning jazz tone and the other was a load of s**t. So from this I gather there may be a trend for inconsistency in the mexican lines. I'm not saying there bad, quite the contrary, but i'd advise to try before you buy where possible.[/quote]

Agreed

[quote name='mathewsanchez' post='461639' date='Apr 13 2009, 10:14 PM']Just to extend on what 'donhills' said, those 60s classic jazz basses [i]can[/i] be great. I posted this in another thread but i'll say it again here. I tried two in a music shop, same basses (mexican 60s classic jazz), one sounded perfect, an all round stunning jazz tone and the other was a load of s**t. So from this I gather there may be a trend for inconsistency in the mexican lines. I'm not saying there bad, quite the contrary, but i'd advise to try before you buy where possible.[/quote]

So are you saying you tried TWO Classic Jazzes and one was pants?

[quote name='donhills' post='461689' date='Apr 13 2009, 10:57 PM']Agreed[/quote]