Why become a member? ×

Royal Mail National Return Centre

petetexas

Hi All ,

Anyone had any dealings with the above .

I posted an effect pedal to a buyer , did not put a return address on it , or a eCP number , so it was refused in the drop / pick up shop and "returned to sender" . ALL MY FAULT I know !

When there is no return address , the parcel goes to the post office NRC in belfast !

Tried numerous calls , no one seems to answer . looks like its a lesson learned

Pete

Edited by petetexas

• Rich changed the title to Post Office National Return Centre
  • petetexas changed the title to Royal Mail National Return Centre
7 hours ago, petetexas said:

Anything for you Lozz......................

Cheers Pete, I didn’t want to appear over persnickety but we at The Post Office have taken a bit of a battering in the press recently - some will say deservedly so - re the Subpostmaters/Horizon scandal, so would rather we don’t take the hit for another companies inefficiencies as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Cheers Pete, I didn’t want to appear over persnickety but we at The Post Office have taken a bit of a battering in the press recently - some will say deservedly so - re the Subpostmaters/Horizon scandal, so would rather we don’t take the hit for another companies inefficiencies as well.

I think Lozz's next band/album should be called

Persnickety Lozz and The Post Scandal

• Haha 1

No worries, The Post Office used to be owned by Royal Mail Group, but in 2012 the govt sold off Royal Mail/Parcelforce so they are now privately owned, with shareholders etc, whereas Post Office is still owned by govt.

Re cabs, no I’m on Ashdown ABM PRO NEOs now, I went over to Ashdown in about 2017/18 and tho eventually found the ABM original series too heavy the PRO NEOs I can handle.

Royal Mail must be at the forefront of modern technology as they were able to attempt a delivery at my house yesterday morning despite me being 3ft from the front door for 2 hours before and after the time the “attempt” was made. To be clear - they’re lying, neither van nor postie came into my cul-de-sac that morning and the regular postman turned up 3 hours later. No card through the door either. Perhaps someone transported in from another dimension, touched one finger on the front door then vanished because there was no answer? Not a major issue but don’t charge a large sum for Special Delivery when you don’t even attempt to deliver! Not just RM - UPS have failed to deliver my last 3 parcels on time, charged twice for the collection each time and neither they nor PayPal will refund the overcharge or offer any compensation. Of course COVID continues to make work challenging on the ground, but they’re still selling the same “premium” services.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FDC484950 said:

Royal Mail must be at the forefront of modern technology as they were able to attempt a delivery at my house yesterday morning despite me being 3ft from the front door for 2 hours before and after the time the “attempt” was made. To be clear - they’re lying, neither van nor postie came into my cul-de-sac that morning and the regular postman turned up 3 hours later. No card through the door either. Perhaps someone transported in from another dimension, touched one finger on the front door then vanished because there was no answer? Not a major issue but don’t charge a large sum for Special Delivery when you don’t even attempt to deliver! Not just RM - UPS have failed to deliver my last 3 parcels on time, charged twice for the collection each time and neither they nor PayPal will refund the overcharge or offer any compensation. Of course COVID continues to make work challenging on the ground, but they’re still selling the same “premium” services.

I've had that several times. Why it happens, I don't know. In my freelance days, I might be off for a few days in a row and was always around for the morning post. Packages, likes SD, usually come over in a van, I think. One day, heard the letterbox flap go. Got up to have a look and there's a card on mat. 'Sorry we missed you'. etc. I ran out and caught the postie, who informed me he had no package for me and that an attempt had been made yesterday to deliver. WHich it hadn't, as I'd been in all day. Weird.

• 1 year later...

Hello!I living in Latvia.and I send wery important letter to my brother in Uk Aberdeen,but I wrote his adress incorectly and letter was'n delivered..It returned to me,but I don't get it,I think it was lost in the way to Latvia...letter was sending to returns 2 month ago...

In letter was wery important documents....

It is imposible to find letter or not???

Edited by rita

• 1 month later...

Hi (please do not show my name) I used to work at the NRC I am retired now so I can be honest.  The vast majority of undeliverable mail IS the fault of the sender. Posted without address, posted with details missing, wrong door number the list goes on.  Within the centre (I am 10 years retired) items with a return address on the OUTSIDE should be returned direct from the delivery office however any that end up at the centre will be returned direct.  Other items are opened and staff look for a return address if found item is returned.  I should point out here that (unless rules have changed) the staff within this centre (1 large open area) are the only people within Royal Mail authorised to open mail.  Once opened and no return address will depending on its value be stored and recorded with as much detail as available.  If this happens to you fill out a Customer Service report for a missing item you never know.  What makes it difficult for a lot of people to understand is not all mail is posted with Royal Mail now, if the sender uses a private company is will have nothing to do with RM.  Some u.k. companies send their mailings abroad for posting back to the u.k. to save money, this is now foreign mail and cannot be returned to a u.k. address as r..t.s.  I could go on forever you would not believe some of my stories!

P/S. I AM NOT ANSWERING ON BEHALF OF ROYAL MAIL THE ABOVE ARE MY VIEWS ONLY Hope they help.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/04/2023 at 08:53, rita said:

Hello!I living in Latvia.and I send wery important letter to my brother in Uk Aberdeen,but I wrote his adress incorectly and letter was'n delivered..It returned to me,but I don't get it,I think it was lost in the way to Latvia...letter was sending to returns 2 month ago...

In letter was wery important documents....

It is imposible to find letter or not???

On 20/05/2023 at 16:32, friend of postman pat said:

Hi (please do not show my name) I used to work at the NRC I am retired now so I can be honest.  The vast majority of undeliverable mail IS the fault of the sender. Posted without address, posted with details missing, wrong door number the list goes on.  Within the centre (I am 10 years retired) items with a return address on the OUTSIDE should be returned direct from the delivery office however any that end up at the centre will be returned direct.  Other items are opened and staff look for a return address if found item is returned.  I should point out here that (unless rules have changed) the staff within this centre (1 large open area) are the only people within Royal Mail authorised to open mail.  Once opened and no return address will depending on its value be stored and recorded with as much detail as available.  If this happens to you fill out a Customer Service report for a missing item you never know.  What makes it difficult for a lot of people to understand is not all mail is posted with Royal Mail now, if the sender uses a private company is will have nothing to do with RM.  Some u.k. companies send their mailings abroad for posting back to the u.k. to save money, this is now foreign mail and cannot be returned to a u.k. address as r..t.s.  I could go on forever you would not believe some of my stories!

P/S. I AM NOT ANSWERING ON BEHALF OF ROYAL MAIL THE ABOVE ARE MY VIEWS ONLY Hope they help.

I learned long ago….

Clearly printed destination address label on the front, with a clearly printed return label on the rear. Pack the item with care, send it with proof of postage, and most of the time all is good.

Despite this, I’ve had artwork go missing, even with tracking and signature required.