Why become a member? ×

Just got this for £20 in an auction. (I was bored)

leschirons

Think it's a Kay. Maybe 1980s?  No sound, and action like the Grand Canyon.

Took about an hour to sort. Action now well playable.  Set of used flats after cleaning and oiling the fingerboard, half a can of Servisol and a quick solder job. All working.  Never had a short scale before (had to chop the strings down a bit) but looking forward to giving it a blast at the weekend.

20220209_150617.jpg

• Like 7

my first bass was a 2 pickup version, which I bought in 1981.

It was actually very playable. I learned a lot in the 3 or so years I had it. 

I even learned how to slap on it. It was new years eve and my older brothers got me drunk on Gin (I was 12/13) and I learned to play My Own Way by Duran Duran.

• Like 1

Hah, that was my first ever bass, I bought for £15 off a bloke at school in 1985. It was a big deal for a 14 year old. For 12 years it was my only bass and I probably used it in more gigs than any subsequent ones. As I recall I got a mate's brother to lower the action and I used it with one of those old chunky metal Boss distortion units and a wah pedal. Several times I was asked by bands I was in to get a better bass but I was very attached to it. They were somewhat embarrassed to have me on stage with it.