Why become a member? ×

NPD...Laney Digbeth

skidder652003

3 hours ago, Skybone said:

Oh dear. Turns out I obviously didn't read the GAK advert right, they can't deliver to Scotland.

1 hour ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

What?!

49 minutes ago, skidder652003 said:

yeah really????

I sense Nicola Freedom has been at work

No, it's about the "Mainland UK" stopping just north of Perth, and that all the major courier companies having to hire a hairy bloke with a donkey to deliver parcels...

Apologies, just a tad annoyed about that. Was really looking forward to getting hold of the DB-Pre, especially at that price. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/02/2022 at 15:12, petetexas said:

Hi ,

Just noticed on mine that the Aux in only comes out of the Headphone socket , not main output, Is this the same with anyone elses ?

Pete

On 11/02/2022 at 16:36, naxos10 said:

I think the wiring diagram I saw on the Laney website hinted at that Pete.

Yes, it's supposed to just be out of the headphones:

image.png.b0c5eb42510860175e1ecfe141da3aff.png

I assume (apart from just home headphone practice) that being wired that way is so you can listen to a click track on headphones while the Bass signal alone is what everyone else can hear out of the other outputs.

• Like 1

I got one last week and really like it but there's one thing that annoys me about it:

I wanted to take advantage of the active input as my bass has a hot output so thought that I'd run my effects through the effects loop and then output to my headphone monitor. I wanted the DI to be pre-eq so that I had control of my sound but the main FOH sound could be sorted out at the desk.

If you set the DI as pre-eq then it also bypasses the effects loop so what I've done is rig up a simple box containing two jacks and a volume control so that I can reduce the level so that the effects and Eq isn't clipping then leave it set at that. I have loads of EMG quickconnect parts so I used them along with a 25k volume pot so no soldering required

I know that I can reduce the level on my bass but there's a chance that I'll knock it whereas with the level control in the box I know that the volume on my bass will be the same

The second annoying thing was that the original EQ pedal I had ordered from the USA went missing so I bought this, removed the feet, attached velcro and it's now stuck to my board. Turns out the original EQ pedal has been found and is now on the way to me so I don't know whether to sell this now as it's surplus to requirements and take a loss or keep it as an alternative EQ and dirt pedal

I do really like this pedal and it does sound really good. I'm not really a fan of heavy overdrive but combining the FET and TUBE channels does make it sound a bit more meaty and add the all important heft to what is essentially an IEM mix.

It might sound different through an amp but using IEMs the Tilt control just turns the sound from mud to thin and tinny with the slightest of touches in either direction

• Like 1