Why become a member? ×

NPD...Laney Digbeth

skidder652003

I had one for a while and thought it was decent: good EQ, drive, DI, fx loop, Aux in and headphone out, and very good value. 

If I was being picky then ideally I'd like the headphone output to have an individual volume control, and the dials look cool but are a bit hard to read, and I never found much use for the tilt eq (it'd be great if that was a HPF instead). Can't have everything though! Overall I thought it was good. 

• Like 1

Got one a few weeks ago and absolutely love it. Managed to get the tone in my head out of the pedal which is all I could have asked for!

Agree with the dials, might see if they can be swapped out for some more 'traditional' as they're easy to bump with your foot and almost impossible to read at certain angles.

• Like 1

Got one two weeks ago , love it . Aux in was very quiet ( play along tracks ) shot email to Laney , they said it should not be , they arranged pick up ( UPS ) to check it out .

Awaiting result , what more do you want from a UK company . EXCELLENT !

Overall l recon they are onto a winner here .

By the way, changed the dials for some Boss ones - can see them better now .

Edited by petetexas
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, petetexas said:

Got one two weeks ago , love it . Aux in was very quiet ( play along tracks ) shot email to Laney , they said it should not be , they arranged pick up ( UPS ) to check it out .

Awaiting result , what more do you want from a UK company . EXCELLENT !

Overall l recon they are onto a winner here .

By the way, changed the dials for some Boss ones - can see them better now .

Pic with the Boss dials please! 

7 minutes ago, petetexas said:

As soon as I get it back from Laney , I will post a couple of pics

Cheers fella!

They're going to be amused to find Boss dials on their preamp, wonder if they will take the hint - haha!

Edited by Al Krow

There was quite a bit of discussion about the preamp on the amps and cabs forum about the new Laney Digbeth range.

This marvellous chap (who happens to be a regular on the Yamaha mega thread) posted an excellent little video review:

New Laney Digbeth Preamp (link to thread)

New Laney Digbeth Preamp - Short Video Review (link to dropbox clip)

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

What does tilt do?

This apparently

Tilt is a dynamic, powerful SEE SAW EQ control. This control has a central neutral position. Turning the control clockwise increases the overall mid to high frequencies and decreases the lows thereby giving your sound more presence, which can be useful for cutting through live band situations. Turning the control anti clockwise reduces the overall mid to high frequencies and increases the lows making your overall sound rounder.

I turned it a little more to the mid lows, just a smidge, gave me a nicer smoother low end, not too much though.

• Like 2

Cant wait to get mine back , just got an old (1990 ) Yamaha Magicstomp to use the effects with the Digbeth .

What a game tryiing to sort out the software . Fortunately , there is a Facebook Page , dedicated to the Magicstomp , with all the old software files etc

With the help of the users on this site , , the Magistomp is now an Acoustic , Electric or BASS pedal .

pete

18 hours ago, Thunderbird said:

I see there's an fx loop on the pedal what is that for exactly (sorry for a silly question) but I just though you would chain the pedal as normal 

It means the signal can go:

Bass > Digbeth (adding EQ and drive) > FX loop (e.g. Delay pedal) > Digbeth outputs (DI and line output). 

Without it you'd only be able to have your delay placed in the chain before it goes through the Digbeth  (a delay feeding into EQ & drive sounds different to having it after) or placed after the Digbeth (so it wouldn't be affecting what goes out of the Digbeth outputs like the XLR). 

• Thanks 1

Chased up Laney this afternoon , regarding my Digbeth that has ben returned to them - possible Aux in problem ( UPS picked up 09:30 Monday )

Laney have not received it yet !

Being that I live in Coventry and Laney are in Birmingham , maybe it would have been quicker and safer for me to take it over there myself .

Pete

Edited by petetexas