Why become a member? ×

Pssst, Rickenbackers can now be sold in BC classifieds!

Downunderwonder

So just to get this right, for almost as long as I've been a member of this forum, sale of one of my favourite BGs has been banned, yet the same week I finally sell my final BG they're now legal again? Damn, I tried to secure Rics discretely on here many times over the years by suggesting that in PX for (insert name of bass here) I would take a bass played by Macca (offered Hofners), Geddy (offered Jazzes), and of course most famously by the guy out of this lot....

My fretless Ric still stands as one of the best basses I've owned, just has something unique, and through an SVT was about as large a sound as I think I've ever produced on stage. First time we did Whole Lotta Love with that combination all four members of the band looked at me with a huge smile on their face, as did all four members of the audience. My desert island bass is a fretless Ric, if another one comes up here now, I'll be sad :(    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 29/01/2022 at 18:50, Ricky Rioli said:

14396889_800.jpg

All mahogany construction, set neck, body & neck binding... actually looks quite good. At this price I'm sure the hardware and finish isn't the best but still, looks quite serviceable.

Edited by Boodang

7 hours ago, Boodang said:

All mahogany construction, set neck, body & neck binding... actually looks quite good. At this price I'm sure the hardware and finish isn't the best but still, looks quite serviceable.

If the hardware and finish are rubbish then maybe the lawyers will be in touch after all. 

• Haha 2