Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat Basschat Bootleg Christmas Quiz

yorks5stringer

Every day I am woken up here in the ‘Stoke Newington’ of the West Country with a tray of the Daily Papers and my Gentleman’s Relish on toast. Reading these newspapers I cannot help but notice the trend of Quizzes amongst the ruling political class. Accordingly, I present The Big Fat Basschat Bootleg Christmas Quiz. The rules are simple: plenty of cheese and wine to hand and definitely no work computers. Answers on Boxing Day if you can be bothered.

1.     Which U.K. born Bassist has been heavily promoting his new album over the last months?

2.     Name a band the Bassist in Q1 was a member of in his hometown.

3.     Which legendary Bassist has released a book of photos?

4.     What feature of said Bassist in Q3 appears in his website address?

5.     Which Bass Manufacturer has announced they are moving their production to the UK for 2022?

6.     Where is that Bass Manufacturer based?

7.     Who or what is Gloxymusic?

8.     Which affordable two-named Bass Brand has featured the most in the Basses Lounge?

9.     What is the longest-running topic in Off Topic?

10.   Which Event posted on Basschat was postponed the most since it last took place?

11.   Who organised said event?

12.   What Event mention was locked/deleted by Mods most times over the last 12 months?

13.   Which multi-selling author is also a fabled ebay luthier (full name as author please)

14.   Who owns Basschat?

15.   How did they choose their Basschat name?

16.   Name the most annoying feature in the ‘ebay: weird and wonderful lounge’.

17.   What would you find on a MonoNeon headstock?

18.    Which U.K. Bassist released an album back in March with Blake Mills?

19.   Where was Atlantic Records boss Ahmet Ertegun born?

20.   Where was the singer of ‘Ça plane pour moi’ born?

• Like 1

1.     Which U.K. born Bassist has been heavily promoting his new album over the last months?            Sting

2.     Name a band the Bassist in Q1 was a member of in his hometown. Phoenix Jazzmen, Newcastle Big Band, Earthrise or Last Exit

3.     Which legendary Bassist has released a book of photos?                                                             Leland Sklar

4.     What feature of said Bassist in Q3 appears in his website address?                                               His Beard

5.     Which Bass Manufacturer has announced they are moving their production to the UK for 2022? Chowny

6.     Where is that Bass Manufacturer based?                                                                                                   Bristol

7.     Who or what is Gloxymusic?                                                                  Gloxy is the new Bass from Markbass

8.     Which affordable two-named Bass Brand has featured the most in the Basses Lounge?   Harley Benton

9.     What is the longest-running topic in Off Topic? (most posts…)                                                Word Association

10.   Which Event posted on Basschat was postponed the most since it last took place?            S.W. Bass Bash

11.   Who organised said event?                                                                   Scrumpy Mike, Gabs and the Scrumpettes

12.   What Event mention was locked/deleted by Mods most times over the last 12 months?                Bre*it

13.   Which multi-selling author is also a fabled ebay luthier (full name as author please)           Mark Phillips

14.   Who owns Basschat?                                                                                                                                         ped

15.   How did they choose their Basschat name?                                                                  He had a Pedulla Bass

16.   Name the most annoying feature in the ‘ebay: weird and wonderful lounge’. The rotten guitar in a box one has to scroll past every bloody time you visit any post in the lounge…..! Mods do something please!

17.   What would you find on a MonoNeon headstock?                                                        A multi-coloured sock

18.    Which U.K. Bassist released an album back in March with Blake Mills?                                Pino Palladino

19.   Where was Atlantic Records boss Ahmet Ertegun born?                                                                       Turkey

20.   Where was the singer of ‘Ça plane pour moi’ born?                                                                     Brussels

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

1.     Which U.K. born Bassist has been heavily promoting his new album over the last months?            Sting

2.     Name a band the Bassist in Q1 was a member of in his hometown. Phoenix Jazzmen, Newcastle Big Band, Earthrise or Last Exit

3.     Which legendary Bassist has released a book of photos?                                                             Leland Sklar

4.     What feature of said Bassist in Q3 appears in his website address?                                               His Beard

5.     Which Bass Manufacturer has announced they are moving their production to the UK for 2022? Chowny

6.     Where is that Bass Manufacturer based?                                                                                                   Bristol

7.     Who or what is Gloxymusic?                                                                  Gloxy is the new Bass from Markbass

8.     Which affordable two-named Bass Brand has featured the most in the Basses Lounge?   Harley Benton

9.     What is the longest-running topic in Off Topic? (most posts…)                                                Word Association

10.   Which Event posted on Basschat was postponed the most since it last took place?            S.W. Bass Bash

11.   Who organised said event?                                                                   Scrumpy Mike, Gabs and the Scrumpettes

12.   What Event mention was locked/deleted by Mods most times over the last 12 months?                Bre*it

13.   Which multi-selling author is also a fabled ebay luthier (full name as author please)           Mark Phillips

14.   Who owns Basschat?                                                                                                                                         ped

15.   How did they choose their Basschat name?                                                                  He had a Pedulla Bass

16.   Name the most annoying feature in the ‘ebay: weird and wonderful lounge’. The rotten guitar in a box one has to scroll past every bloody time you visit any post in the lounge…..! Mods do something please!

17.   What would you find on a MonoNeon headstock?                                                        A multi-coloured sock

18.    Which U.K. Bassist released an album back in March with Blake Mills?                                Pino Palladino

19.   Where was Atlantic Records boss Ahmet Ertegun born?                                                                       Turkey

20.   Where was the singer of ‘Ça plane pour moi’ born?                                                                     Brussels

I reckon I got about one half right 🙁

20. Wrong answer, Lou Deprijck was born in Lessines.

Plastic Bertrand who was born Roger Jouret in Brussels has never sung on that hit, but was also a fake singer on his 4 first albums, only making playback !!! Lou Deprijck has always been the singer, composer, arranger and producer for these first 4 albums.

I knew it from the late session drummer Bob Dartsch (original drummer for Ça plane pour moi) since the late 80's and the 2010 final judgment got Lou Deprijck definitely confirmed as the singer for Plastic Bertrand first 4 albums as Roger Jouret eventually recognised on the 28th of July 2010 that he never sung on his first four albums, including the mega hit Ça plane pour moi...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ça_plane_pour_moi

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_Deprijck

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_Bertrand

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Plastic Bertrand who was born Roger Jouret in Brussels has never sung on that hit, but was also a fake singer on his 4 first albums, only making playback !!! Lou Deprijck has always been the singer, composer, arranger and producer for these first 4 albums.

I knew it from the late session drummer Bob Dartsch (original drummer for Ça plane pour moi) since the late 80's and the 2010 final judgment got Lou Deprijck definitely confirmed as the singer for Plastic Bertrand first 4 albums as Roger Jouret eventually recognised on the 28th of July 2010 that he never sung on his first four albums, including the mega hit Ça plane pour moi...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ça_plane_pour_moi

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_Deprijck

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_Bertrand

What can  I say, I have announced an £1 billion independent root and branch enquiry and my family members are working night and day 24/7 to produce a report in the New Year. Here is a photo of them starting work:

image.png.f2a57fe79d1cc8f3bd9b21daa18a12a7.png

Should anyone be affected by any of the issues raised in this post, please seek professional help.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, yorks5stringer said:

And Geddy?

1 hour ago, yorks5stringer said:

I thought that was over now. I would say that it is just basically a list of every other bass that turns up on eBay!

7 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:
2 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

And Geddy?

And Tony Levin ?

1 hour ago, Hellzero said:

Well, I never knew that! 

I didn't even know about the electropop cover, which I expected to be bad and actually wasn't

• Thanks 1