Why become a member? ×

FS/FT MIM Fender pj Mustang bass £360 SOLD
£450

shoulderpet

Hi

Sadly the lack of body contouring on this bass means that I will have to move this on.

I am after £360 ono which as the cheapest I have seen them for is £560 I think is very reasonable or will trade for a G and L Fallout tribute bass but will consider other reasonable trades

The bass is in good condition but has a ding in the paintwork in one place that is shown in the below photos.

Tonally this is a lovely sounding bass, P pickup sounds great and unusually for a p/j bass I really like the tone with both pickups on, it has a lovely bite to it with both pickups on and has a good range of sounds from bright to dark and dubby,

my bandmates have commented that they love the tone of this bass and they will be disappointed that I am moving this on

I have changed the pickguard to the one in the photos but will include the original mint green pickguard, for this reason I have included pics of the bass with both pickguards, 

the P pickup is pickup from a USA Fender and in the interest of full disclosure as I cannot solder I have connected the pickup to the existing wiring by twisting the wires together and securing with electrical tape , this does not effect the operation of the bass (Fender actually use this method to extend one of the cables to the pickup selector)  it just doesn't look as pretty as a proper soldering job , have shown this in the below photos .

This is a gem of a bass and whoever buys this will be a very happy chappy

Collection from Croydon or if you are in the London area or anywhere that is travelable from Croydon then I can meet up with you

IMG_20211212_182220841_HDR.thumb.jpg.f1d52eb6359e459cb6f34d26411b6ef6.jpg

IMG_20211102_221934859.jpg

IMG_20211031_112959603_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211212_172128968_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20211212_182001816_HDR.jpg

Edited by shoulderpet
  • Like 4

• shoulderpet changed the title to FS/FT MIM Fender pj Mustang bass £400
1 hour ago, Osiris said:

Love the psychedelic scratch plate, where did you get it?

I have an identical bass and it now needs one too B|

Was a custom plate from Gig.ink, I sent them the image and they made the plate from it, if it is that particular image you are interested in then let me know and I still try and dig out the image, the finished image was not as bright as the original but still bright enough to look good

Edited by shoulderpet
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 13/12/2021 at 14:50, Osiris said:

Love the psychedelic scratch plate, where did you get it?

I have an identical bass and it now needs one too B|

Me too! Would brighten up my 'none more black' version no end!

If your buyer doesn't want it, I'll form an orderly queue behind @Osiris for it!

Glwts

4 hours ago, Marc S said:

That scratchplate is Funky with a capital "F".
If I was looking for a short scale atm, I'd be looking at a P/J Mustang, and that scratchplate might just swing it for me :) 
GLWTS

It is a lovely bass but the lack of contouring is not working for me, real shame Fender chose a slab body for these

Open to trades on this, G and L Fallout tribute would be cool or another MIM Fender (without a slab body) but open to suggestions, I love medium scale basses also so could be tempted by a CV Jaguar bass and a little cash to make up the difference in value

Edited by shoulderpet

• shoulderpet changed the title to FS/FT MIM Fender pj Mustang bass £360

Now £360, last price drop before this goes on the evilbay, I would rather sell this to the fine folk on this forum, this is a killer deal

Unfortunately I am unable to offer postage on this so would be collection only or if within a travelable distance from where I am (Croydon,London) I can meet up

• shoulderpet changed the title to FS/FT MIM Fender pj Mustang bass £360 SOLD PENDING THE USUAL
  • shoulderpet changed the title to FS/FT MIM Fender pj Mustang bass £360 SOLD