Why become a member? ×

Ashdown basses - has anybody tried one?

sam-davies

I haven’t been on the Ashdown website for a while and noticed they’re selling basses. 

Has anyone tried them out or know much more about them? I assume they’re licensing them from another manufacturer…

https://ashdownmusic.com/collections/basses

Prices are around the £900-£1000 mark. Sorry if someone has already made a post about this. 

What a shame they're pretty much all uninspired Fender clones. 

I think Ashdown is a superb company. Their amps and cabs are great, and from what I've read here and elsewhere online, their customer service is second to none. (Although I've never needed to use it personally) 

I'd like have seen them do something a little more out of the box design wise. Nothing too radical, but just not a straight copy and paste of Leo's homework. 

At that price point, if you want something like a Fender, buy a Fender. 

• Like 4

I think they are made by Mirr Music in S. Korea. They're well known for producing lots of brands, including Reverend. I have three of those and the quality and tone is superb. Can't speak to the Ashdowns, although the SS jazz had caught my eye. 

• Thanks 1