Why become a member? ×

sold - Vigier Arpege
£975
Bad Bentheim, Germany

Quasar79

Regarding the electronics, the knob closest to the pickup selector should be a push pull knob. Pulling that knob it should be activating the preamp. Have you checked that? That push-pull knob works as a boost/cut for the frecuency that you can select with the pot that is nearby (the one near the phase/out of phase switch). 

Some people do not like it but for my taste is a ver smooth preamp.

Edited by tolchoco

26 minutes ago, tolchoco said:

Regarding the electronics, the knob closest to the pickup selector should be a push pull knob. Pulling that knob it should be activating the preamp. Have you checked that? That push-pull knob works as a boost/cut for the frecuency that you can select with the pot that is nearby (the one near the phase/out of phase switch). 

Some people do not like it but for my taste is a ver smooth preamp.

Hi, yes the volume knob is push pull, but i couldn't hear any difference in sound when turning the other knobs....but i'll try again this week. Thanks!

Edited by Quasar79

Vigiers of this era  are amongst the very best basses I have ever played , and I've been playing a frighteningly long time 😄. They sound fantastic, and the aesthetics are just exquisite. I look at this beautiful bass and wonder to myself why Vigier don't still make them like this nowadays? 

It would be worth enquiring if Vigier could service the bass to put it back in perfect order, if it needs it . This is a rare gem that someone will cherish, no doubt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And you have to use the side mounted output jack to have acces to all the preamp features.

The front mounted will give you the bridge pickup only or the pickups after the selector (switch), straight out without any other control. Both have been seen on these early Vigier's.

• Thanks 1

• Quasar79 changed the title to sold
  • Rich changed the title to sold - Vigier Arpege
  • martthebass locked this topic