Why become a member? ×

Mex Fender P, Strap Button hole, Screw wont tighten Loose Fitting …

Mickyk

I've only had the Bass a week and I've just noticed that the Strap button was loose  to the point it's slightly wobbling, I had a go at tightening it, but the screw is just turning(wont tighten) wasn't expecting this with a brand new Guitar,? Any suggestions as to what I should do ,don't want to strip the threads or something.

Put a few drops of superglue in the hole, leave it to dry, then screw the strap button back in. That's the lazy method I usually employ and it's always worked for me. The other option is to glue in a piece of a cocktail stick and re-drill the hole. 

The correct answer if it's a brand new bass is to return it. It shouldn't be doing that if it's new.

Edited by Jono Bolton

The cocktail stick fix has always worked for me.

A word of warning… if you do the cocktail stick thing and you have to return the bass for any other reason… certain retailers may gleefully inform you that you’ve invalidated the warrantee.

1 hour ago, yorks5stringer said:

Do take the cherry or olive off the cocktail stick first....

The only thing connected to my cocktail stick were the remains of this evenings Gammon dinner, they double up as toothpicks as well as  strap button repair timber.😬😝😁

• 3 weeks later...