Why become a member? ×

Mark Bass Andrew Gouche signature model: Little AG 1000 (now with video)

fretmeister

Looks interesting.

Another different EQ to the LM and the MM series. Although the text says the Highs are 3.8Khz but the photo shows 6Khz.

The thing that really interests me is the Limiter. The new LM4 mentions a new bi-band limiter but it's on all the time without any controls. This has a control that is not well described. It could just be affecting the threshold but it might also be affecting multiple parameters with 1 knob. I'd like to know if it's 'just' a limiter or whether there is some other compression going on as well.

Hopefully there will some demos of it. I seem to be looking for amps with built in compressors. The reasonably new Vintage head also has the limiter.

little_ag_1000_front_web.png__1980x1980_q85_subsampling-2.png

Edited by fretmeister
  • Like 3

It seems really something this amp. I'm interested on knowing more about the Limiter too. I haven't seen any spot online to purchase it though. Maybe it's still a little early. I'd like to know its price range, since the Little Marcus 1000 is around 650€. Another thing that calls my attention is the 1000W power. It's a pretty huge value for an amp this size. 

• Like 1

On 18/10/2021 at 14:09, javi_bassist said:

I really like these EQ (in theory). If the highs were 3.8kHZ it would be better, but it seems like a really cool amp.  

Knowing what the master AG likes as he repeats on several YouTube videos, his favorite high freq is 6kHZ. I'd be really surprised if the freq on this amp is 3.8kHZ at the end. This might be a "copy/paste" mistake or something.

• Like 2

I'm sure it's a great amp, like most Markbass stuff is, but it would so much better if it had decent graphics on the fascia.  Same hold true for most of their amps, and this from a regular Markbass user!  That "Italian Lifestyle" logo is 🤢 IMO

Edited by franzbassist

On 19/10/2021 at 20:51, franzbassist said:

I'm sure it's a great amp, like most Markbass stuff is, but it would so much better if it had decent graphics on the fascia.  Same hold true for most of their amps, and this from a regular Markbass user!  That "Italian Lifestyle" logo is 🤢 IMO

Yeah, I agree, the front face is not the most beautiful on the MB line of head amps. But I'm sure it's gonna sound beautiful anyway...

• Like 1

• fretmeister changed the title to Mark Bass Andrew Gouche signature model: Little AG 1000 (now with video)
4 hours ago, fretmeister said:

I know I've recently sold my Marcus head but I am missing that Mark Bass sound!

I'll have to raise some more money at this rate - I've already spent the gains from the sale!

As someone that has had both 10" and 12" Barefaced cabs, through which did you find the MarkBass produced the sound you miss?

20 minutes ago, BillyBass said:

As someone that has had both 10" and 12" Barefaced cabs, through which did you find the MarkBass produced the sound you miss?

Well.... I have my Supertwin... but I've ordered a replacement One10 as well!

My old MB amp did sound quite different with each cab but I really liked it with both. I *think* I just preferred it with the Super Twin but it's a close run thing.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
9 minutes ago, Sparky Mark said:

Still waiting for delivery?

Yes. Unfortunately the shop website didn't mention that it was out of stock and the follow up email that said "We'll send it out next week" turned out to be bollocks.

I've chased for another update, but if it's too long or I don't get a response in a day or 2 then I'll cancel and buy something else. I have gigs coming up (the first since lockdown) and I need to take 2 amps, just in case. There's no PA to use as DI box with in an emergency.

1 hour ago, fretmeister said:

No - Bass Direct.

They really need to improve their website game. Live tracking of stock levels has to be the bare minimum these days.

Ah, okay. I've always checked with Mark prior to placing any order.

On 08/06/2022 at 12:26, fretmeister said:

No - Bass Direct.

They really need to improve their website game. Live tracking of stock levels has to be the bare minimum these days.

I've been looking at shops all over Europe for markbass stuff. It looks like they're really really really struggling to get things out, presumably from covid supply issues. Everything seems to say 'due in xxx weeks' then when the date comes it reverts back to 5 weeks.

• Like 1

U

1 hour ago, la bam said:

I've been looking at shops all over Europe for markbass stuff. It looks like they're really really really struggling to get things out, presumably from covid supply issues. Everything seems to say 'due in xxx weeks' then when the date comes it reverts back to 5 weeks.

Does seem to be like that.

I think I'm going to cancel and then look at something else.

I've never had a MB amp go wrong but I would imagine the supply chain for spares / repairs would be equally bad and that doesn not give me any confidence really.

Could well be.

I don't blame them or actually the shop for the shortages, that would be silly in the current component shortage situation, but I've sent several emails to the shop and the first was "we'll send it out next week" and the ones after that were "I'll check that for you"

And then never actually getting back to me.

I've sent an email now cancelling my order. I might just buy another Ashdown and have done with it.

• Like 1

Markbass' out of warranty repairs have never been particularly straightforward in the UK. You can bank on a repair costing at least £200, maybe more in these inflationary times? In the UK, the only manufacturer that I would go with if repair support was my main consideration would be Ashdown; but their products are nothing like Markbass IME. (Just as good but different).