Why become a member? ×

Demon FX D7K

Rubbersoul

How much are they?  Used Alpha Omicron must be somewhere between £110-£130 mark with almost 0% depreciation if you choose to sell again, so saving needs to be really quite decent to risk the knock off?

Isn't it the case that it's actually quite difficult to defend one's IP in China (where Demon seem to be based), as such, it's probably not worth Darkglass' time and money to go after them.
For the sake of a few quid, i'd rather just get a used Darkglass pedal and know exactly what I'm getting.

That said, Demon FX' tagline is extremely compelling:
"Make a good product, so that everyone can use the good product"

🤡

Si

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Kev said:

How much are they?  Used Alpha Omicron must be somewhere between £110-£130 mark with almost 0% depreciation if you choose to sell again, so saving needs to be really quite decent to risk the knock off?

About £50 including postage to the UK 

Did these DarkGlass clones start appearing after Korg acquired them?

Perhaps the manufacturing went to a lower end, cheaper factory where things get leaked?

It does seem, bar the more fancy digital stuff that the core functionality and sound is there in these DarkGlass clones...

11 hours ago, ern500evo said:

About £50 including postage to the UK 

Crazy really, it wasn't that long ago that new non-knock off drive pedals would cost that much.

Perhaps if it was £25 and sounded half decent, or it was a clone of a £400+ pedal, but there's just not enough incentive for me to consider over the used, reliable, value retaining real thing.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the D7K last year. Unfortunately mine clipped noticeably on the clean signal (with passive J pickups) - which was really annoying. maybe mine was just faulty or maybe they are all like that.

If it hadn't clipped on the clean it would have been a really nice pedal. Not the same as a Darkglass B7K, which I now have ..... again, but in the same ballpark. The Demon D7K had a slightly more old school sound I would say in comparison.

Mine ended up in the bin though. It was no use with the clean clipping, I wouldn't sell it on and it wasn't worth sending all the way back to China.