Why become a member? ×

Beware ebay scammer "ladeprub"

Dudes,

Quick heads-up . My son bid on a pedal sold by [b]ladeprub [/b]. We sent payment through bank transfer to the account of the ebayer (PM me for the name and address that was given) who gave an address in Renfrewshire on August 9th.

If anyone has any ideas how I can confirm that the address that was given to me is actually realated to this virus I will be grateful!

Since then, nothing. Zip.Nada. No response. No pedal. Rip off city.

If anyone in the Lochwinnoch area is reading this and owns a baseball bat, let me know.

Everyone else, keep well clear of this piece of sh1te, whatever name on ebay he's now using to scam people it may well point back to the same name and address.

[quote name='pete.young' post='47491' date='Aug 19 2007, 08:27 PM']Dudes,

Quick heads-up . My son bid on a pedal sold by ladeprub . We sent payment through bank transfer to the account of the ebayer (PM me for the name and address that was given) who gave an address in Renfrewshire on August 9th.

Since then, nothing. Zip.Nada. No response. No pedal. Rip off city.

If anyone in the Lochwinnoch area is reading this and owns a baseball bat, let me know.

Everyone else, keep well clear of this piece of sh1te, whatever name on ebay he's now using to scam people it may well point back to the same name and address.[/quote]

Now that's a name and shame!

Nice one :)

He's sold 15 things, all ended on 9th August. If he's a newbie, maybe he's taking a bit of time to get everything together? I take it you've tried to make contact a few times? Also, 10 days isn't really a lot of time in the eBay scheme of things... I'd suggest you're maybe jumping the gun a little here?

+1..... Thats a bit harsh to jump to such conclusions with only a week elapsed..... Admittedly when I have been away and selling stuff on ebay I've emailed folks to let them know..... but I believe I may be the exception to the rule their comms maybe be bad but afetr one week doesnt mean you have been duped.

I presume you have contacted ebay conflict resolution before your posted this?

A week further on - we've still had no contact.

I contacted 10 of the buyers of the various items. 8 replied - none had had any contact from the seller, and at least 4 had also paid over money
for no goods. The Ebay account is delisted, user's feedback -4 none of which is particularly complimentary, some of which wouldn't get past the Mylene Klass filter. I expect he'll pop up again like a whack-a-mole somewhere else.

Several of the buyers have contacted the police, not that they will do anything. We've contacted the bank but I'm not very optimistic there either.
I was away when Mrs PY made the payment otherwise I might have smelt a rat, but it still goes to show that even experienced ebayers can get caught occasionally.

Be careful out there.

[quote name='pete.young' post='50141' date='Aug 24 2007, 01:45 PM']Its not easy without a phone number or email address. We have written to the postal address (just round the corner from the police station!) but there's no guarantee that it isn't a false name/address/bank account.[/quote]

If you've concluded a sale with a seller you can request his phone number from ebay. I can't remember exactly what you do but it's a simple process and they send you an email immediately. Is it not also on the very first correspondence you would have received from eBay saying that you have won the item (not his invoice).

I do believe in naming and shaming such pond life.. but I guess there may well be a "Mr. Ian Roberts of 16 Lade Court, Lochwinnoch, Renfrewshire " who actually exists out there who has had his account details phished / stolen. Unlikely, but I think it's worth pointing out.

[quote name='Hamster' post='50184' date='Aug 24 2007, 03:04 PM']I always stay clear of ebay items where there are no comments from the seller - all the guys auctions were just cut and paste descriptions from sales blurb.

Hamster[/quote]

that's how I normally list items :huh: :) I believe that the spin doctors paid by the manufacturer can generally do a better job than me (and I normally can't be arsed!)

I'm no great fan of Paypal, but the two times I was similarly duped I was repaid in full. Moral is if you're even the slightest bit suspicious, never part with cash, draft or similar.
Bummer, hope you get the stuff or a refund eventually
Chris

[quote name='Hamster' post='50184' date='Aug 24 2007, 03:04 PM']I always stay clear of ebay items where there are no comments from the seller - all the guys auctions were just cut and paste descriptions from sales blurb.

Hamster[/quote]

i listed one of my guitar combo amps recently and was trawling through the completed items looking for my auction when i found the same amp, but in head form and the bugger who listed it had nicked my description verbatim.
Cheeky sod