Why become a member? ×

Shuker 4 string bolt on Elite. The 'Lady T'

Tinman

[quote name='Tinman' post='7200' date='May 26 2007, 04:36 PM']This is the only pic I got[/quote]

Big fat fibber :huh:

[i]I [/i]took several

This was taken shortly before Mr T got out his chequebook. I was then gaffa taped to a chair and my mouth gagged with an old guitar strap whilst to my utter horror and disbelief I was forced to watch him exchange two weeks in a five star hotel in Cuba for the Tinnies for (quite bizarrely, I thought) several assorted remnants of wood, some pretty lights and a few metal bits with wires sticking out of them

What was the very bestest thing we saw all day???????????????

Ruby :wub: :wub: :wub: (Jon's extremely fierce canine companion, who has been taught to savage anyone who leaves without getting their chequebook out)

Warning: Ruby is very dangerous, do not approach unless you are prepared to play 'tuggy', tickle her tummy or receive yummy Rottie kisses :)

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='7241' date='May 26 2007, 06:32 PM']I was forced to watch him exchange two weeks in a five star hotel in Cuba for the Tinnies for (quite bizarrely, I thought) several assorted remnants of wood, some pretty lights and a few metal bits with wires sticking out of them.[/quote]
But Terri - it's going to have[i] LEDs on the fretboard[/i]. It's worth it, don't you [i]see[/i]?

:)

J.

[quote name='BeLow' post='7296' date='May 26 2007, 08:15 PM']Good luck with the build - the frequency shift the one that is in the cavity or is it one the controls (didn't realise Jon did that)?

Spec sounds good - it is very hard to choose when there is so much choice.[/quote]

The frequency shift is the one in the cavity, Jon doesn't do the stacked control as he thinks that once players have decided where they want it, they tend to leave it there.

And yes it is very difficult to choose but I have to admit to bowing to Jon's knowledge when it came to woods etc, I dealt more with the cosmetic side of it.
However, a lot of what you yourself and the others out there that have had an input, was discussed and used in the final decisions.

Thanks for your help mate.

Pete

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='7241' date='May 26 2007, 06:32 PM']Ruby :wub: :wub: :wub: (Jon's extremely fierce canine companion, who has been taught to savage anyone who leaves without getting their chequebook out)

Warning: Ruby is very dangerous, do not approach unless you are prepared to play 'tuggy', tickle her tummy or receive yummy Rottie kisses :)[/quote]

Did Jon tell you why her nickname is poobie? She's a little sweety!!!

So, it went very well then Pete? I guess you managed to get out of the wood cupboard.. but it sound like the damage had already been done by that point!

Dan

[quote name='dood' post='7390' date='May 26 2007, 11:44 PM']Did Jon tell you why her nickname is poobie? She's a little sweety!!!

So, it went very well then Pete? I guess you managed to get out of the wood cupboard.. but it sound like the damage had already been done by that point!

Dan[/quote]
Funnily enough he didn't say but we can guess.

The day was tops. It was a close thing with the wood store, fives and sixes were rushing through my head while I was in there.

I've just sent Jon an e-mail saying I'd like the EMGs, I guess they give me more options for change and they sound amazing. I'm looking at the DC and P combination.

Again thanks for your help

Pete

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='7241' date='May 26 2007, 06:32 PM'][/quote]

and so it became clear what exactly was going on over by the bench.....

"G....... 5........"

"No way!!!!"

"What??"

"You've sunk my battleship!!!"

[quote name='dood' post='7404' date='May 27 2007, 12:18 AM']Pleasure!

I meant to call Jon today actually. I'll drop him an email tomozz now I think.. oh hang on! it's tomozz already! GUH!! ;o)[/quote]

You should have called him, OldGit did, under the pretence that he was phoning about a bass when, in reality he was checking that I'd got out of the wood store alive.

[quote name='dood' post='7405' date='May 27 2007, 12:20 AM']and so it became clear what exactly was going on over by the bench.....
"G....... 5........"

"No way!!!!"

"What??"

"You've sunk my battleship!!!"[/quote]

Now that is bloody funny, you just made me spit my red wine you swine.

lol!! sorry! I hope I didnt ruin any carpets/clothes etc!

Actually, the reason I didnt get to call, is that I spent all afternoon down in Witham with the lovely peeps at Bass Merchant. Once again, top notch and..talk about patience!! Doodle needs some new cabs to talk through, you see.. so I took my rig down and played through loadsa different cabs. Well.. pretty much all the cabs, come to think of it. SPent yesterday at the Gallery too. This could get expensive!!!

I am definitely getting some good ideas together!! (mebbe I should go post a new thread.)

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='7612' date='May 27 2007, 01:42 PM']excellent another shuker build thread to look forward to. Tinman now the waiting game begins, but its worth it in the end.[/quote]
I know, it's driving me mad already.

Hopefull Jon will get plenty of pics to me at appropriate times so that i can keep this thread up to date.

Hi TinMan

As regards side dot LED's I just got my new Sei bass which has "violet" LED's and they are superb.
I have owned basses with both blue and red LED's but I have to see the violet is the clearest and most visually striking of them all.
I guess they remind me of ultra-violet lighting.

Did you get a chance to ask Jon about my "sparkly" bass ?

I was going to with the red LED's but maybe i'll change that and ask if he does the "violet" option.

Cheers

[quote name='largo' post='7979' date='May 28 2007, 10:31 AM']Hi TinMan

As regards side dot LED's I just got my new Sei bass which has "violet" LED's and they are superb.
I have owned basses with both blue and red LED's but I have to see the violet is the clearest and most visually striking of them all.
I guess they remind me of ultra-violet lighting.

Did you get a chance to ask Jon about my "sparkly" bass ?

I was going to with the red LED's but maybe i'll change that and ask if he does the "violet" option.

Cheers[/quote]

Hey largo

I was hoping you'd post.

Jon's laminated and cut the neck (hasn't done the shaping yet).

When did your build start? I'm just wondering because I didn't see a body or anything.

Pete

I told Jon there was no hurry, and part of my build was I wanted a smaller Jazz style body ala Fender Jazz Deluxe.
Last I heard he was waiting for the local Sound Control to get a Jazz Deluxe in and he was going to make a template from that.

I started the build, i.e. sent a cheque at the beginning of April so that's 2 months gone.
I was told 3 month'ish build time but for some reason I don't think I'll be seeing my bass in that time frame. I'm reckoning August !

Thanks for asking Jon though.

Stephen

Edited by largo

[quote name='largo' post='8073' date='May 28 2007, 01:48 PM']I told Jon there was no hurry, and part of my build was I wanted a smaller Jazz style body ala Fender Jazz Deluxe.
Last I heard he was waiting for the local Sound Control to get a Jazz Deluxe in and he was going to make a template from that.

I started the build, i.e. sent a cheque at the beginning of April so that's 2 months gone.
I was told 3 month'ish build time but for some reason I don't think I'll be seeing my bass in that time frame. I'm reckoning August !

Thanks for asking Jon though.

Stephen[/quote]

Hi mate

Jon had a few issues outside of his work to deal with which has put him at least 2 weeks behind. The man is so busy he barely has time to think.
He still managed to give me 3 hours of his time on Saturday though, nice fella.

[quote name='Tinman' post='7619' date='May 27 2007, 01:47 PM']I know, it's driving me mad already.

Hopefull Jon will get plenty of pics to me at appropriate times so that i can keep this thread up to date.[/quote]

I recommend a good regular nagging or that probably won't happen :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd ask this as I'm going to be out of the country for a couple of weeks from later today.

If any of you are going along to Jon's to start a build or check on a current one, could you possibly take a camera with you and see if there's anything of my build to photograph. I know it's only been 3 weeks since it started but I don't want to bug Jon too much as he's so busy and the last thing I want to do is annoy him with endless requests for pics.

I should be able to access my e-mail while I'm away, so if there are any pics available could you e-mail them to [email protected]

Cheers in advance.

Pete

[quote name='Tinman' post='19461' date='Jun 18 2007, 08:50 AM']Just thought I'd ask this as I'm going to be out of the country for a couple of weeks from later today.

If any of you are going along to Jon's to start a build or check on a current one, could you possibly take a camera with you and see if there's anything of my build to photograph. I know it's only been 3 weeks since it started but I don't want to bug Jon too much as he's so busy and the last thing I want to do is annoy him with endless requests for pics.

I should be able to access my e-mail while I'm away, so if there are any pics available could you e-mail them to [email protected]

Cheers in advance.

Pete[/quote]

Might be up there this weekend though it may not involve a trip to Jon's workshop .. If I see anything I'll snap away ..
OG