Why become a member? ×

Shuker 4 string bolt on Elite. The 'Lady T'

Tinman

• 3 weeks later...

Very Nice buckeye burl my old sei had it and i have to say its one of my fave looking top woods
i'll give it a try on a future build sometime but i hear its murder to work with as it can have a habbit of chipping out a generally falling to piece's as you work it!

[quote name='Gizmo' post='27144' date='Jul 4 2007, 08:14 PM']Very Nice buckeye burl my old sei had it and i have to say its one of my fave looking top woods
i'll give it a try on a future build sometime but i hear its murder to work with as it can have a habbit of chipping out a generally falling to piece's as you work it![/quote]

Yeh, Jon was saying that it's really difficult to work and it takes a huge amount of laquer before it stops soaking it up as well.

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='27194' date='Jul 4 2007, 09:38 PM']lovely that buckeye, my next bass is gonna have a buckeye top me thinks

hope you had a good time on your hols tinman[/quote]

Had a great time thanks mate, Sri Lanka is a beautiful place

[quote name='Tinman' post='27737' date='Jul 6 2007, 08:01 AM']Jon sent me these last night

the front

and the back

It's starting to take shape as you can see. Chuffed to bits with these.[/quote]

Oh wow. That's going to be gorgeous ...

[quote name='Tinman' post='27769' date='Jul 6 2007, 09:07 AM']I think you may be right my friend. It's come a fair way since you went to see Jon, don't you think?[/quote]

Oh Yes When I asked Jon to get your stuff out for me to take some pics he said "Pete's bass? That's just a pile of sticks right now"
The damp hasn't slowed him much, obviously ...
:)

[quote name='OldGit' post='27816' date='Jul 6 2007, 10:57 AM']Oh Yes When I asked Jon to get your stuff out for me to take some pics he said "Pete's bass? That's just a pile of sticks right now"
The damp hasn't slowed him much, obviously ...
:)[/quote]
Doesn't seem to have mate. I guess you must have jogged his memory about mine (joke)
Judging by the posts on here I'd say he has at least another 4 on the go since I went to see him, so he must be incredibly busy.

Edited by Tinman

[quote name='Tinman' post='27826' date='Jul 6 2007, 11:08 AM']Doesn't seem to have mate. I guess you must have jogged his memory about mine (joke)
Judging by the posts on here I'd say he has at least another 4 on the go since I went to see him, so he must be incredibly busy.[/quote]

He he yeah ... Good news, well if you are not in a hurry anyway :)

[quote name='OldGit' post='27838' date='Jul 6 2007, 11:29 AM']He he yeah ... Good news, well if you are not in a hurry anyway :)[/quote]

Contrary to my signature, I'm not too worried about how long it takes. :huh: I knew that 14 weeks was a very conservative guess when he said it. As long as I have it before xmas I'll be happy.

[quote name='Tinman' post='27842' date='Jul 6 2007, 11:44 AM']Contrary to my signature, I'm not too worried about how long it takes. :) I knew that 14 weeks was a very conservative guess when he said it. As long as I have it before xmas I'll be happy.[/quote]

Did he say which Christmas? :huh:

Looking great Pete. Can't wait to see this one finished. Did you make the decision re. LED colour? Mine are going to be blue, but violet certainly sounded interesting.

I'm still having communications difficulty with Jon. I seem to get through on the phone 1 time out of each 10 calls, and am getting no response over email.

I'm aware he's had trouble though, of course, just recently, with the weather. Itching for pics though.

Regards

Mike

[quote name='Mike' post='28945' date='Jul 9 2007, 07:43 AM']Looking great Pete. Can't wait to see this one finished. Did you make the decision re. LED colour? Mine are going to be blue, but violet certainly sounded interesting.y you

I'm still having communications difficulty with Jon. I seem to get through on the phone 1 time out of each 10 calls, and am getting no response over email.

I'm aware he's had trouble though, of course, just recently, with the weather. Itching for pics though.
Regards
Mike[/quote]

Cheers Mike

I decided on blue LED's in the end, they seemed to be the most popular by consensus.

I'm surprised by the lack of pics of your build, it could be that it's at a stage where pics aren't possible (at sims having LED work done possibly?)
I feel your pain my friend, I just try to forget about it as much as is humanly possible (difficult though)

Hope you hear something soon mate

Pete

• 1 month later...

Got an e-mail from Jon this morning saying that not much got done last week as he was teaching a guitar building course.
However, as far as my build goes, he's making the rear cavity covers and then the body will be ready for laquering.
He said he's taken some pics and will be taking some more today and then hopefully getting them off to me.

One other point, it looks like he's finally bitten the bullet and got some help - the guy that used to work for him is coming in for a few days a week (that's got to be good news!)

Pete

Your bass looks superb, the wood on the top and back you are having on it looks very much like the piece I nearly had for my 6 string. I'll get you photos when I'm up there later to pick mine up, whenever that will be :) It seems like mine is on a rolling 2 week finish time at the moment.

Edited by Johngh

John.
I feel for you mate, it's a shame about the whole tuner supplier situation. I guess you've had no news about a new supplier. Stick with it mate.

Thanks for the comments, I hope to get updated photos soon. By the time you get there the body will probably be laquered and ready for hardware so there maybe something for you to photograph.

Cheers

Pete

[quote name='Tinman' post='28960' date='Jul 9 2007, 08:41 AM']Cheers Mike

I decided on blue LED's in the end, they seemed to be the most popular by consensus.

I'm surprised by the lack of pics of your build, it could be that it's at a stage where pics aren't possible (at sims having LED work done possibly?)
I feel your pain my friend, I just try to forget about it as much as is humanly possible (difficult though)

Hope you hear something soon mate

Pete[/quote]

Hi - pickups finally arrived! Looks like you're ahead of me - shame I started months before you !!!!

The pictures ... which were originally posted here ... have now been moved into the right thread.

You can find that thread, and specifically the pictures here: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=689&view=findpost&p=53653"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...ost&p=53653[/url]

Hopefully everyone is now just as confused as me :)

Edited by EntropicLqd