Why become a member? ×

Quatschmacher

14 hours ago, 2pods said:

Thought so. Just thought I'd better check.

I doubt I'll use it until Monday though , even though Evri said it was out for delivery today :search:

It's amazing. Enjoy! 
Once you get your head round the software and make some patches for yourself, it becomes a whole new beast. Also check out the Patch Directory via the software for patches by QM 

Edited by AinsleyWalker
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, AinsleyWalker said:

The click of my Edit/Bank Up dial has gone. It still registers, so I can edit patches/go between banks but it would be nice to have the click.
Taken the FI apart and can't see anything loose so I'm guessing I'll probably need to replace that pot. 

Have you tried vacuuming/blowing air in the pot? Might be some dirt stuck in there. If not, contact Panda and I’m sure they’ll be able to send a replacement pot or point you in the right direction. 

4 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Have you tried vacuuming/blowing air in the pot? Might be some dirt stuck in there. If not, contact Panda and I’m sure they’ll be able to send a replacement pot or point you in the right direction. 

When I took the dial and screw off the top I did blow some dust/dirt out, but it didn't affect the click unfortunately. There was nothing inside the pedal. 
I'll try again later with the vacuum. If not, I'll contact Panda. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Around £300 with shipping and vat - pretty good for a very entertaining pedal

I ordered one two weeks ago. Hopefully arriving either today or tomorrow. The pedal itself was €249, as shown above. Add €16 postage and it comes to €265. Factor in PayPal's rubbish conversion rate and it cost me £240.16, which isn't bad :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, johnDeereJack said:

I ordered one two weeks ago. Hopefully arriving either today or tomorrow. The pedal itself was €249, as shown above. Add €16 postage and it comes to €265. Factor in PayPal's rubbish conversion rate and it cost me £240.16, which isn't bad :)

So they have sorted the VAT thing out now or you got lucky? When I ordered one that is how much it cost, but with it I got an invoice for the import duty and vat from UPS.

20 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

So they have sorted the VAT thing out now or you got lucky? When I ordered one that is how much it cost, but with it I got an invoice for the import duty and vat from UPS.

No, I didn't get any additional invoices for import duty or VAT. The receipt from PayPal quoted €265, which was converted to £240.16, and that's what I paid. :)

The pedal arrived yesterday evening via DHL. No other invoices or paperwork tacked on (unless they plan to send that out later!) 

Edited by johnDeereJack
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, johnDeereJack said:

No, I didn't get any additional invoices for import duty or VAT. The receipt from PayPal quoted €265, which was converted to £240.16, and that's what I paid. :)

The pedal arrived yesterday evening via DHL. No other invoices or paperwork tacked on (unless they plan to send that out later!) 

Nice, you may have got lucky then.

Make sure you get yourself a USB-to-MIDI adaptor to get the most out of it; Roland UM-One Mk2 is the one I’d recommend. If you have a Morningstar controller then you can use that an interface to the editor. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

5 minutes ago, johnDeereJack said:

No, you normally get it about the same time (I did) - looks like it slipped through,  that is good!

It often seems to be down to luck

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

Nice, you may have got lucky then.

Make sure you get yourself a USB-to-MIDI adaptor to get the most out of it; Roland UM-One Mk2 is the one I’d recommend. If you have a Morningstar controller then you can use that an interface to the editor. 

Can you elaborate more on using the Morningstar controller as an interface for the FI Editor?

32 minutes ago, Higgie said:

Can you elaborate more on using the Morningstar controller as an interface for the FI Editor?

Plug in the MS to the PC via USB. 

Enable “cross MIDI Thru” on the MS.

Select the MS as the input and output device in the FI editor.

Connect the FI MIDI ports to the MS 5-pin MIDI ports.

Works for everything except firmware updates. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

Im planning to get the midibeam4 to use expression pedal and more controller footswitches.  

Are there better options? Csn you use an expression pedal with that Roland cable?

Ah! Youre that fella that made all the user patches, yeah? Ive got them all DLed waiting for my pedal. I know i need the midi interface first.

Edited by lidl e
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Ah that’s great to know. Thanks! Shame it doesn’t work for firmware updates, but cool nonetheless!

1 hour ago, Higgie said:

Ah that’s great to know. Thanks! Shame it doesn’t work for firmware updates, but cool nonetheless!

There aren’t likely to be that many more updates to be honest. I’ve got a beta v3.61 running on mine and haven’t found anything else in need of fixing as yet. 

3 hours ago, lidl e said:

Im planning to get the midibeam4 to use expression pedal and more controller footswitches.  

Are there better options? Csn you use an expression pedal with that Roland cable?

Ah! Youre that fella that made all the user patches, yeah? Ive got them all DLed waiting for my pedal. I know i need the midi interface first.

The Roland cable is only for communication with the computer so no expression.

MidiBeam works as a full interface (editor communication and firmware updates) with the computer and lets you have expression or footswitch on each of the two jacks.

To be honest, something like a Morningstar MC3/6/8 would give you more functionality as regards expression and external switches. Also, as mentioned, it'll function as an interface for editor communication. It won’t do firmware updates but there really aren’t likely to be any more (possibly one, I’m running a beta firmware that has a small bug fix for when triggering from a keyboard but unless I find anything else broken, there’s not much room for improvement).

Yes, most of the FI patches out there are ones I created (bar the original Talkbass patches from other users). No need to download them as such as they are all accessible within the cloud part of the editor, though it doesn’t hurt to have a backup on your computer. 

• Like 1