Why become a member? ×

Quatschmacher

Hey
When trying to 'Upload to FI', it's skipping from patch 1 to patch 22, then works down the column, 32, 42, 52, and errors once it reaches 92. 
Most of the patches are there in the pedal, but not in the right order.. Very strange. 

I thought it must be the new patches I was trying to upload, so I loaded up a batch of backup patches that were uploading fine this morning, but the same issue is happening. 

Seen this issue before @Quatschmacher?

Cheers

Edited by AinsleyWalker

3 minutes ago, AinsleyWalker said:

Hey
When trying to 'Upload to FI', it's skipping from patch 1 to patch 22, then works down the column, 32, 42, 52, and errors once it reaches 92. 
Most of the patches are there in the pedal, but not in the right order.. Very strange. 

I thought it must be the new patches I was trying to upload, so I loaded up a batch of backup patches that were uploading fine this morning, but the same issue is happening. 

Seen this issue before @Quatschmacher?

Cheers

Are you using the function in the Manager that only uploads the highlighted patches perhaps?

Do any of the patches have diacritic symbols in them (ä, é, etc.)? Those cause errors.

If it’s neither of those things then it’s not something I’ve seen.

Are you uploading via the manager? 

If so, are you uploading from the tiles or from a folder.

Do you have both input and outputs cables attached? This is essential. 

6 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Are you using the function in the Manager that only uploads the highlighted patches perhaps?

Do any of the patches have diacritic symbols in them (ä, é, etc.)? Those cause errors.

If it’s neither of those things then it’s not something I’ve seen.

Are you uploading via the manager? 

If so, are you uploading from the tiles or from a folder.

Do you have both input and outputs cables attached? This is essential. 

I tried both. I originally tried uploading all patches, then highlighted all 99 and tried that. Same issue happened. 

No patches have those symbols, the only changes I made to the 99 in manager was add the original 9 DI Emulations from the Directory, so they should not be causing any issues. 

I  am uploading via manager yes. 

I am uploading from the tiles, which are saved in a folder on my desktop. (I make backups whenever I make any big changes. 

Both cables are input. 

I was successfully able to upload files as normal until I added some patches from the Directory. Now I cannot successfully upload from Manager at all, regardless of patches. 

Maybe it's time for another factory reset 😒

Edited by AinsleyWalker

Problem still persisting even after resetting firmware sigh... 

Uninstalled the Editor/Manager and reinstalled. Still happening. 

I can however upload patches successfully 1 at a time... So I am not sure what's causing it to bug out when I try to upload the full 99.

Edited by AinsleyWalker

21 hours ago, AinsleyWalker said:

Problem still persisting even after resetting firmware sigh... 

Uninstalled the Editor/Manager and reinstalled. Still happening. 

I can however upload patches successfully 1 at a time... So I am not sure what's causing it to bug out when I try to upload the full 99.

If uninstalling the desktop software you should also delete the data settings text file (hidden folder) as that functions like a document and doesn’t get deleted during the uninstallation process. There might be something in there causing the issue. You can usually delete this without uninstalling and a new one will be created automatically when you open/close the editor. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

If uninstalling the desktop software you should also delete the data settings text file (hidden folder) as that functions like a document and doesn’t get deleted during the uninstallation process. There might be something in there causing the issue. You can usually delete this without uninstalling and a new one will be created automatically when you open/close the editor. 

I'll look into that later on, thanks for the tip. 

In the end I just manually uploaded all 99 😭
From now on I might just upload 1 patch at a time to be safe. If I try all 99 and it glitches again, I'll be back to square one. 

Edited by AinsleyWalker

• 3 weeks later...

Hooked up the midibeam 4connect to my FI ladt night and it is an absolute game changer.

Adding the down program button and footpedal makes it a whole new pedal, but the sdded freeze/hold is amazing in conjuction with an A/B/Y box 

I kniw there are more featured midi controllers, but this mididbeam is exactly what i was looking for.

5 minutes ago, lidl e said:

Hooked up the midibeam 4connect to my FI ladt night and it is an absolute game changer.

Adding the down program button and footpedal makes it a whole new pedal, but the sdded freeze/hold is amazing in conjuction with an A/B/Y box 

I kniw there are more featured midi controllers, but this mididbeam is exactly what i was looking for.

Excellent. Now try using a bunch of my patches; most of them have some interesting stuff programmed to expression.

You don’t even need the AB box to make use of the freeze necessarily as any patches that have dry bass will still be audible when freezing, though the level may need adjusting to taste. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Excellent. Now try using a bunch of my patches; most of them have some interesting stuff programmed to expression.

You don’t even need the AB box to make use of the freeze necessarily as any patches that have dry bass will still be audible when freezing, though the level may need adjusting to taste. 

Funny you mention that!

I went through all the patches last night and there were very few that utilised the pedal.  A few though.

I remembered you recently mentioned a patch you made, number 87 i think, that used the exp so i dialled that in and it was awesome.

Likely this evening, i will go through, pick out any patches im not mad about, and replace them with user patches that utilise exp. Or i like the sound of.

I havent plugged in the editor yet. Its easy enough to get one's head around?

36 minutes ago, lidl e said:

Funny you mention that!

I went through all the patches last night and there were very few that utilised the pedal.  A few though.

I remembered you recently mentioned a patch you made, number 87 i think, that used the exp so i dialled that in and it was awesome.

Likely this evening, i will go through, pick out any patches im not mad about, and replace them with user patches that utilise exp. Or i like the sound of.

I havent plugged in the editor yet. Its easy enough to get one's head around?

I mainly meant the patches I shared on the cloud (accessible directly via the editor). As for the factory patches, the ones I programmed that have the prefix “MIDI” should have pedal assignments. 86 is a good example - pedal brings in a second oscillator.

As for the editor, it depends what you want to do with it. For managing patches, it’s fairly straightforward now. If you want to tweak parameters, that requires a bit of playing around/learning to get the best out of it. Please read the manual I wrote as it does cover everything in detail. 

Remember, you can always add expression control to any existing patch by modifying it in the editor. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

I mainly meant the patches I shared on the cloud (accessible directly via the editor). As for the factory patches, the ones I programmed that have the prefix “MIDI” should have pedal assignments. 86 is a good example - pedal brings in a second oscillator.

As for the editor, it depends what you want to do with it. For managing patches, it’s fairly straightforward now. If you want to tweak parameters, that requires a bit of playing around/learning to get the best out of it. Please read the manual I wrote as it does cover everything in detail. 

Remember, you can always add expression control to any existing patch by modifying it in the editor. 

Cheers, yeah, i mesnt yoursand other users patches in the cloud. I remember you did say they were accessible in the editor. I have them DLed and backed up, but you did mention i didnt need that.

Yeah, for now i just want to concentrate on managing user patches. Finding ones i like and putting them in a wrokable order. 

Im sure i can figure that much out.

Editing patches is for another day.

1 minute ago, lidl e said:

Cheers, yeah, i mesnt yoursand other users patches in the cloud. I remember you did say they were accessible in the editor. I have them DLed and backed up, but you did mention i didnt need that.

Yeah, for now i just want to concentrate on managing user patches. Finding ones i like and putting them in a wrokable order. 

Im sure i can figure that much out.

Editing patches is for another day.

The cool thing about browsing via the cloud is that you can audition the patches without having to download first. You can then populate the tiles in the manager with ones you like as you go along. Then once you have 99, save as a complete pedal setup on your computer and/or write them to the pedal. 

• Like 1

On 06/02/2023 at 15:38, lidl e said:

We actually need some video of this. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Both give access to expression and some switch functionality. The MC6 is way more powerful though. 

Any idea why my 4control wont go into interface mode? I read the manual and think I'm doing everything correctly

Edit: do i need a midi interface in between the 4control and my computer? I thought the 4control was the interface 

Is it not FI->4control->PC to update patches?

bah! i need another interface to edit and add patches. need to get a roland cable it looks like. what a hassle!

Edited by lidl e

2 hours ago, lidl e said:

Any idea why my 4control wont go into interface mode? I read the manual and think I'm doing everything correctly

Edit: do i need a midi interface in between the 4control and my computer? I thought the 4control was the interface 

Is it not FI->4control->PC to update patches?

bah! i need another interface to edit and add patches. need to get a roland cable it looks like. what a hassle!

The 4Control does work fine as the interface, it was a primary aim of the device. It can be used for updating FI firmware and adding patches.

USB goes into computer, then hook up the MIDI ports of the FI to the MIDI ports of the 4Control (the correct way around of course). My guess is you have the cables in the opposite ports.

You also need to select the 4Control as the input and output device in the FI editor. Plug the 4Control into you PC before you launch the editor. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

The 4Control does work fine as the interface, it was a primary aim of the device. It can be used for updating FI firmware and adding patches.

USB goes into computer, then hook up the MIDI ports of the FI to the MIDI ports of the 4Control (the correct way around of course). My guess is you have the cables in the opposite ports.

You also need to select the 4Control as the input and output device in the FI editor. Plug the 4Control into you PC before you launch the editor. 

Its not even showing up in the editor. I assume i have them the right way around as it wotks as a standalone controller.