Why become a member? ×

"Sadowsky" Metro Express Basses

Crawford13

4 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

They're a bargain so trying them out isn't a gamble, even if you don't like them you won't lose money selling them on. I bought some used Nordstrands for my Sire, gigged them for 3 years and sold them on for what I paid for them when I got a new bass.

Going to quote this verbatim when Mrs VK enquires about another mysterious package arriving

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, velvetkevorkian said:

Did Valenti not work in the Sadowsky NYC workshop before going solo?

Yes he did. From the 'about' section on his home page.

From 2002-2007, I worked at Sadowsky Guitars in Brooklyn NY in the Shipping Department where I took care of shipping & handling as well as do all final inspections of instruments. From early 2009 until mid 2010 I came back to work as a Builder. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Brian18242 said:

Yes, very good deals at thomann, but I would request they check the bass before shipping. I ended up with one that had to be sent back. Think I was very unlucky. Still on the fence about reordering.

They're a box shifter, if they checked everything they sent out the prices would have to be higher - if you want set-up checks done you need to go to a brick & mortar shop (pref a good one as the rubbish ones probably still wouldn't check) & pay the extra for the privilege. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 19/09/2021 at 19:29, BassAgent said:

I am honestly considering having that logo sanded off and adding a Sadowsky decal. The story of why the Sadowsky name isn't on the headstock as such (but as part of the RSD brand) is clear and easy, but still, yes, that logo is awful.

Did you ever change the decal? I have picked one up and hate the look of the headstock... wondered if there were decals out there yet?

I see the new versions have a metro express decal...

• 1 month later...

for any interest, I sanded off the old metro express decal and replaced it with a Sadowsky Metro Express decal I bought online. 

It needs some clear coat now but it looks 100 times better IMO...

sad 5.jpg

• Like 7

Without realising, the decal is slightly different than the new ones - the news ones don't have the space between metro and express. That works for me however as it distinguishes between old versions and newer models.

It plays great and I am looking forward to putting it back together. Ordered some EB flats ready to go.

On 09/01/2024 at 15:12, carlsim said:

for any interest, I sanded off the old metro express decal and replaced it with a Sadowsky Metro Express decal I bought online. 

It needs some clear coat now but it looks 100 times better IMO...

sad 5.jpg

That looks mint. I need to do the same to mine, I got one of the good ones and seeing as it’s fretless and has an East pre there would be no point in going for one of the new ones….the only thing I don’t like is the decal. Could you post a link for the decal?

1 hour ago, martthebass said:

That looks mint. I need to do the same to mine, I got one of the good ones and seeing as it’s fretless and has an East pre there would be no point in going for one of the new ones….the only thing I don’t like is the decal. Could you post a link for the decal?

I contacted Rob at 

https://guitardecals.co.uk/contactus.html

he was great and got a pair for £9.50. 
I mentioned today that it shouldn’t have had a space in between Metro and Express and he is sending me another pair as the initial process has gone t@@s up!!

basically… did a couple of dust coats, got the decal on and it looked pucker. 
started adding dust coats and it looked great. Then I noticed a hair had got into a dust coat I had just put on laying right across the decal. Got some tweezers, prized it off but didn’t realise I must have put a pin hole in the decal. The clear coat got underneath and then whole thing started to melt!! DOH!!!

oh well… lesson learnt! First time I have done it so it wasn’t going to be perfect first time.

so… a bit of sanding and it’s back to bare wood this morning.

I’m waiting for sealing coats to dry so I can flat it back and apply the new decal again when it arrives in the post.

definitely going to be a bit more careful next time! 

• Like 1