BassVentura-FretDetective

Musicman Stingray HS Natural/Tort - SOLD
£999
Hove

Posted (edited)

Bought a couple of years back from the Bass Gallery in Camden. Wonderful example of a Stringray, just moving to jazzes instead (also first baby making me glance at finances a little...)

Original advert:

https://thebassgallery.com/collections/bass/products/ernie-ball-music-man-stingray-2

Previous owner modded/upgraded it by adding the neck pickup and installing Nordstrand pickups and an 18v pre-amp. Volume pot has pull/push function for active/passive switching - perfect for channeling your inner Joe Dart. 2EQ. Serial number indicates that it started life as a 2010 single H model.

Excellent overall condition, with one or two small dings on the body but very hard to see against the wood grain. Weight comes in at just over 4kg. Soft case included.

Come and give it a try if you're ever in Hove!

PXL_20210225_163408575.thumb.jpg.88f4fa19ba5b23be212d55c2809d6cc7.jpgPXL_20210225_163339915.thumb.jpg.187ec2f35bc415acdbb4122d42fd937b.jpgPXL_20210225_163434939.thumb.jpg.e01afcc98ed33c38dd4ebf2965364a8e.jpgPXL_20210225_163237471.thumb.jpg.6934c93ec1ac3f723b89d177ac116659.jpgPXL_20210225_163514084.thumb.jpg.275ce5e31e1cc7e6cecd226617cbe681.jpg

Edited by BassVentura-FretDetective
  • Like 8

Underpriced IMO.

Hard to find a Ray for under £1k and this looks better than most I've seen for more...

• Like 1

I apologise in advance for the stupid question but is the J pickup “on” all the time or does it have its separate control?

Posted (edited)

Lovely looking bass, those Nordstrand sound awesome (I have them in my MM Sterling and jazz basses) East preamp too, fantastic.

Are you certain his is originally an HS as the jazz pickup looks too far back! Has this been modded? Great price too 😁

Edited by lee650

On 20/03/2021 at 11:04, lee650 said:

Lovely looking bass, those Nordstrand sound awesome (I have them in my MM Sterling and jazz basses) East preamp too, fantastic.

Are you certain his is originally an HS as the jazz pickup looks too far back! Has this been modded? Great price too 😁

A standard HS would usually have a slider/selector and no stack knobs.

Even given the mod, I still think it’s work a bit more than the asking price.

Nice looking bass. I’m sure it won’t be around for too long.

• Thanks 1

put the price up! I have this pup mod and it takes the SR to a whole new level

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By seifregno
      The instrument is from 1998 and is in excellent condition for an instrument of this age. The frets are excellent, the electronics work great, the neck and the truss rod are perfect. The fingerboard is of a very nice and compact rosewood and the back of the neck is painted in a faded satin color, for a better smoothness. Matched headstock. There are a couple of marks and the paint is a little cracked in one place, as shown in the photo. Nothing to worry about or compromise the instrument. Original hard case included

• By Edenburgh
      Posting for my son who has inherited my bass habit.
      Over the past few months he has developed a hankering for a US Musicman Stingray but after forecastic his financial income (pocket money) realises he needs to do a 3-into-1 trade type arrangement.
      So ideally the following 3 basses would go in a single straight trade for a US Musicman Stingray (4 string, single pickup models only).
      We reckon the three basses would land at the price of a secondhand Stingray (£1350ish).   Details follow:
      Ibanez SR506 (£350) : usual SR series fast neck and a great way to get an affordable and easy playing six stringer.  Has a couple of small dings on edge of body but really clean otherwise.  No gig bag unfortunately.
      Status Energy (£500): Ash body and fitted with hipshot detuner (original tuner included). Also comes with a Hiscox Status branded case.    Bit of thumbnail grazing above the pickup but otherwise in great overall condition.
      Status The Groove (£500) : this is the bass that has given him the taste for a Stingray.   Awesome sounding bass from the triple coil pickup (I seem to recall one is a dummy coil?).   Excellent condition.  Includes generic gig bag.
      Soooo.....ideally the world would be nice and neat and someone out there is willing to part with a US 4 string single pickup Stingray in straight exchange for these three.    We realise the world often isn't that perfect but let's give it a shot....
      More pics available upon request.  Ideally meet up for trade (edinburgh and central belt) rather than trying to post.

• By Framca
      Price now reduced to £1,050.
      2001 Stingray 5 in excellent condition with a weight of 9lb 12oz according to our kitchen scales.  There are two small dings which I've included in the photos - one just inside the bridge and the other which is top front middle.  Recently professionally set up with new round wounds (would need to try and check model of strings) that still have plenty of life in them.  A vintage style hard case (not original) is included within the price and is fully functional.  Happy to meet up within an hour's drive or collection from Long Ashton which is just outside Bristol.  Also open to posting within its case and would be well bubble wrapped and boxed up.  Thanks for looking

• By DavidO
      Update: Final Price drop to £475.
      I've has this for a few years but, as it doesn't get played much now, I'm reluctantly letting it go. Never been gigged. It's got some fairly new Ernie Ball roundwounds on it, and comes in a plush lined soft case. Plays beautifully, and as you might expect from these basses, the tone can be thunderous! It's in very good overall condition with a couple of minor dings below the controls, which I've shown in one of the photos. My bathroom scales indicate a weight of around 10 pounds.
      You're welcome to come round and try it if you're in the area (near M1 Junction 29 in Derbyshire). I'd prefer collection or meet up, but would ship at buyer's expense (estimate at £35 including insurance).

• By Pedro_Mendonca
      I couldn’t choose between them and this happen! 
      My wallet is crying right now 😅