BassVentura-FretDetective

Musicman Stingray HS Natural/Tort - SOLD
£999
Hove

Posted (edited)

Bought a couple of years back from the Bass Gallery in Camden. Wonderful example of a Stringray, just moving to jazzes instead (also first baby making me glance at finances a little...)

Original advert:

https://thebassgallery.com/collections/bass/products/ernie-ball-music-man-stingray-2

Previous owner modded/upgraded it by adding the neck pickup and installing Nordstrand pickups and an 18v pre-amp. Volume pot has pull/push function for active/passive switching - perfect for channeling your inner Joe Dart. 2EQ. Serial number indicates that it started life as a 2010 single H model.

Excellent overall condition, with one or two small dings on the body but very hard to see against the wood grain. Weight comes in at just over 4kg. Soft case included.

Come and give it a try if you're ever in Hove!

PXL_20210225_163408575.thumb.jpg.88f4fa19ba5b23be212d55c2809d6cc7.jpgPXL_20210225_163339915.thumb.jpg.187ec2f35bc415acdbb4122d42fd937b.jpgPXL_20210225_163434939.thumb.jpg.e01afcc98ed33c38dd4ebf2965364a8e.jpgPXL_20210225_163237471.thumb.jpg.6934c93ec1ac3f723b89d177ac116659.jpgPXL_20210225_163514084.thumb.jpg.275ce5e31e1cc7e6cecd226617cbe681.jpg

Edited by BassVentura-FretDetective
  • Like 8

Underpriced IMO.

Hard to find a Ray for under £1k and this looks better than most I've seen for more...

• Like 1

I apologise in advance for the stupid question but is the J pickup “on” all the time or does it have its separate control?

Posted (edited)

Lovely looking bass, those Nordstrand sound awesome (I have them in my MM Sterling and jazz basses) East preamp too, fantastic.

Are you certain his is originally an HS as the jazz pickup looks too far back! Has this been modded? Great price too 😁

Edited by lee650

On 20/03/2021 at 11:04, lee650 said:

Lovely looking bass, those Nordstrand sound awesome (I have them in my MM Sterling and jazz basses) East preamp too, fantastic.

Are you certain his is originally an HS as the jazz pickup looks too far back! Has this been modded? Great price too 😁

A standard HS would usually have a slider/selector and no stack knobs.

Even given the mod, I still think it’s work a bit more than the asking price.

Nice looking bass. I’m sure it won’t be around for too long.

• Thanks 1

put the price up! I have this pup mod and it takes the SR to a whole new level

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Deedee
      I'm thinning the herd so this beauty has got to go. It's a stunning bass with a beautiful birdseye/flame maple neck that many 'rays of this era are known for.  This bass also had a fret level and set up by John Shuker last year.
      It comes with a hard case which I believe is original.  It's not one of the Musicman moulded cases, but I've been informed that it's a SKB which were used along with the G&G cases around this era.  It's certainly made for a Stingray as the inner moulding at the headstock has the lower cut-out for the G tuner.
      Manufactured 29th October 1992 Maple neck with Rosewood board Ash body Translucent Teal finish Matt black/white/black plate Metal battery cover 'Off-set' string entry type bridge with mutes 6 bolt neck plate Weight 9lb 13oz Neck width at nut 43mm It's in wonderful condition with only a couple of indentations to the finish on the body (nothing at all that has gone through the finish). 
      I'll try to capture these and add photos later.  EDIT - Photos added showing the worst bruises I can capture.  As you can see, they take nothing away from the bass. I'm just trying to be thorough.
      Collection or meet up only on this at present as I'm short of packaging materials. I am however willing to drive a fair distance for a motorway services rendezvous!
      Not interested in any trades at this time thank you.

• By woodyratm
      Hi folks, 
      I'm looking to grab a Status in the next few months, so I've decided to sell my pride and joy - My EBMM Stingray Special 4HH. I've owned from new and it has been my most prized possession the entire time. 
      Lovely finish, totally loved. I've just had it setup with new DR highbeams at RamJam in Aberdeen. 

She's got a 18v 3 band EQ and the usual 5 way pickup selector. 
      And the neck 🥰 The ebony and roasted maple is amazing. It feels amazing. It's comfortably the best neck I've played - so taking a bit of a gamble of the Status! If it doesn't work out... I'll defo be back to the EBMM Special! 
      Comes with EBMM hard case and Schaller strap locks. If anyone wants more photos, just let me know. 
      This is the serial checker from EB. 

Serial #F82390
      Manufactured January 3rd, 2019
      Build Code 108-CP-50-01-CS-BM
      Model StingRay Special HH
      Color Charcoal Sparkle
      Neck Roasted Maple Neck Ebony Fretboard
      Pickguard Black Pickguard 2018
      Hardware Matte Black Hardware
      According to the EBMM website, the colour is discontinued and a few places I saw online aren't getting stock for a few months. 
      I'm based in Aberdeen, but happy to look at shipping. 😉

• By seifregno
      The instrument is from 1998 and is in excellent condition for an instrument of this age. The frets are excellent, the electronics work great, the neck and the truss rod are perfect. The fingerboard is of a very nice and compact rosewood and the back of the neck is painted in a faded satin color, for a better smoothness. Matched headstock. There are a couple of marks and the paint is a little cracked in one place, as shown in the photo. Nothing to worry about or compromise the instrument. Original hard case included

• By stingraybassman
      Hi Folks,
      Never thought the day would come, but a mixture of not playing it much anymore (and a disaster on the Football Index) I'm parting ways with this beautiful bass.Owned from brand new in 2005 (whatever PMT in Manchester was known as back then), 18th Birthday Present (I'm 33 Now). I've grown up with it and will be so sad to see it go.
      2005 3eq in Black with Maple Fretboard. Well played but in amazing condition. 2 small marks on the headstock and bottom horn that I've pictured. Currently strung with D'Addario flats that are nicely broken in and sound wonderfully muted. We all know how much these rip with Rounds on as well. Neck has worn great and has the great smooth feel of the unfinished 'Rays. 
      Without sounding sentimental, I grew up with this bass. Made some amazing memories. It deserves to go to someone who will play it to death as I once did.
      Located in Chesterfield, happy to ship at buyers expense.