Killed_by_Death

been playing since 2012

Desert Storm veteran (2 tours)

Started with all-Fender stuff & now I'm mildly anti-Fender

current stock:

IMG_20201105_144824897_HDR.thumb.jpg.3b3f444a4051b1182dcf8a89682f6888.jpg

VOX NuTube amp & Ergonomic Headless Ibáñez

IMG_20190906_150254866_edit.thumb.jpg.46b2343b40c7a74897d6c731dd20d79f.jpg

GSR100EX that I put together with parts of 3 basses (high output Power-Pole pickup)

SR1800E with Nordstrand Big Singles (these pickups are IT for me, but the Big Splits in the EHB come really close)

IMG_20210113_114927465.thumb.jpg.d9c77a3ec1445ad9a6985a8f583a15aa.jpg

Kala Nomad that I bought for the younger player in the house, maybe it will get played once/month

It's the loudest u-bass I've found, which is the main reason  bought it!

I spent most of my working life in the Land of Smiles, almost exactly halfway around the Earth from where I am now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Killed_by_Death said:

It's the most comfortable instrument I've ever owned, tennis-elbow is a thing of the past.

However, now that I'm able to play more, I'm developing a tiny callus on the index-finger of my fretting-hand.

I don't enjoy that at all, it kills the sensitivity in my fingertip.

Have you tried soaking it in Kimchi juice?

Heeheehee

• 2 months later...

I took a break, & thought announcing my return seemed appropriate here, instead of starting a new thread.

Maybe the internet is not for an obsessive-compulsive person like me.

My goal was to be less obnoxious, but I think there's some sort of Conservation of Energy happening, because I've wanted to tell people to sod off in the most graphic ways since returning to the interwebz.

People are toxic!

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

I've come & now I'm about to leave.

Sold most of my gear last week, just bits & bobs left now. Selling a Hercules stand, a capo, & a BigShot AB-Y in 22 minutes.

Selling stuff, even dirt cheap, in my area is murder. I had more luck posting on my own FB profile to let friends have at it.

Maybe I'll be back for a u-bass question, because this is my rig now:

IMG_20210523_112052886_HDR.thumb.jpg.460d18b566f7fa327a2ba0c7795ac531.jpg

The amp is more for kara-okay night, but this is ALL my gear at-the-moment, & should stay this way.

TBH there are only a few here, but their toxicity is like a bad egg, it spoils the lot.

I'm not leaving because of that, I made the mistake of hanging on at talkbASS after quitting playing & then I couldn't help myself. The constant bass chatter made me want to play again.

This was the thread where I started up again, & now I'm back there, my bass is a toy now:

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/having-a-bass-amp-as-a-toy.1272365

In that case you can proudly ride off into the sunset with your head held high, the mini amp on the saddle behind you and the U-bass slung across your back. 

Best wishes, please don't feel the need to reply to this post, otherwise we're into long goodbyes...

:hi:

• Like 1