Why become a member? ×

dave84

2 hours ago, stewblack said:

I've noticed attitudes shifting with regards to the different countries of manufacture. 

People used to talk about Mexican basses in the way they now talk about Chinese ones. 

There's an unwarranted bias at work which Western business uses to it's advantage. They set stupid low build prices knowing full well any issues will be blamed on the country of origin, not them gouging profits from both sides (factory and consumer).

Is it the factory's fault if a £500 TV fails when it cost £5 to build ?

Hi guys! As promised here is the review of the new Harley Benton MB-4 in satin black. In the video you will find the review in Italian (unfortunately I do not speak English well) and from the minute 11:12 the sound test. From next week instead (like as usual) I will publish a series of ad hoc bass covers played with this bass so I invite you to subscribe to the channel to not miss the next updates ... enjoy!

• Like 5

Ahoyhoy!

IMG_20201125_134247371.thumb.jpg.1825cf0c9060ffc56c6633babc912c7f.jpg

Completely blemish free, low action, sounds great.  Not weighed it because I'm not bothered but significantly lighter than my ash bodied precision.  But most importantly, it feels absolutely fantastic!  Going to ditch the strings for flats, but other than that I'm utterly blown away - it makes rival basses closer to 500 quid in price look like a sick joke.

I don't know how Thomann do it, but I'm bloody glad they do!

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Bassfinger said:

Ahoyhoy!

Completely blemish free, low action, sounds great.  Not weighed it because I'm not bothered but significantly lighter than my ash bodied precision.  But most importantly, it feels absolutely fantastic!  Going to ditch the strings for flats, but other than that I'm utterly blown away - it makes rival basses closer to 500 quid in price look like a sick joke.

That looks fantastic (I'm imagining a black pickguard for 'maximum stealth' look)... and... oh no... they make a 5-string too for £125. 

I'm running out of reasons not to buy one. :facepalm:

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Bassfinger said:

Ahoyhoy!

Yes! I endorse this review!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Basscabman said:

I was going to go for one of these but I read a review on Thomann and It said they had really thick baseball bat necks.

An owner on here said that's not true?

I keep on reading that too. It's 42mm wide, which is around p bass size but then someone mentioned that it was also the depth of the neck which made it baseball bat size.

I think i may actually give this one a miss because of it's weight. I've read that it's around 8.4lbs, which is pushing it for me for a 4 string. It looks great and is a fantastic value for money bass otherwise.

Edited by TheLowDown

Hi guys! This is the first bass cover that I propose to you with the new Harley Benton MB-4 in satin black color. A first test for this cheap copy of the legendary Stingray struggling with a Rage Against the Machine classic. Enjoy and don't forget to subscribe to the channel to keep you updated on my next videos! 

• Like 2

On 26/11/2020 at 21:00, Basscabman said:

I was going to go for one of these but I read a review on Thomann and It said they had really thick baseball bat necks.

An owner on here said that's not true?

As an owner of the MB4 and former owner of the old P/bass style with baseball bat neck, I can categorically state `this ain`t no baseball bat`! I hate baseball bat type necks with a passion but this is extremely comfortable and very similar in fact to My 4 string Alpher.

• Like 2

Hi guys! Last bass cover of the series dedicated to the new Harley Benton MB-4 in satin black color: for this last video I chose one of the most technically fun and energetic songs of RHCP to play with the bass. A very fast and energetic slap bassline by Flea for the occasion played using the humbucker in the direction of the bridge. Enjoy!