Why become a member? ×

Mark Bass LMII

sshorepunk

I'm also surprised this is still for sale - if I had the money I'd buy it as a backup for my SA450. I think the only difference between the II and the III is the pre\post EQ option and if you prefer the pre-EQ (which I do) you can get the II changed to this.

Edited by Rowbee

[quote name='Rowbee' post='439651' date='Mar 19 2009, 08:04 PM']I'm also surprised this is still for sale - if I had the money I'd buy it as a backup for my SA450. I think the only difference between the II and the III is the pre\post EQ option and if you prefer the pre-EQ (which I do) you can get the II changed to this.[/quote]

Big +1

[quote name='largo' post='440210' date='Mar 20 2009, 12:31 PM']Out of curiosity, how easy is it to make the effect send/return series rather than parallel ? Sorry to hijack the thread.
Free BUMP ![/quote]

Very easy. You just move a jumper inside on the circuit board. PM if you want the PDF showing how to do this.
There are two jumpers. one selects between the EQ being pre or post XLR and the other sets the FX to be serial or parallel.

Rowbee.
The difference between the LMII and LMIII is more than just having a DI switch. In fact the LMIII also has a level control on the DI (same as our SA450) plus MB have used a new limiter circuit so the LMIII will sound slightly different (better by all accounts).

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='440468' date='Mar 20 2009, 04:57 PM']Rowbee.
The difference between the LMII and LMIII is more than just having a DI switch. In fact the LMIII also has a level control on the DI (same as our SA450) plus MB have used a new limiter circuit so the LMIII will sound slightly different (better by all accounts).[/quote]

Thanks Dave, I was just really going from the product blurb on their website which does mention the level control but not the new limiter circuit. I bow to your superior knowledge on this. :)

[quote name='Rowbee' post='440879' date='Mar 21 2009, 09:11 AM']Thanks Dave, I was just really going from the product blurb on their website which does mention the level control but not the new limiter circuit. I bow to your superior knowledge on this. :)[/quote]

Im just going by the other bit of blurb ;-)

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='444690' date='Mar 25 2009, 08:40 AM']I got made an offer, 2 days ago, of £400, I have PM'd the person, but no reply, first to give me a positive yes at £400 has it

Tony[/quote]
Positively yes from me.

Tom