BassedinBucks

SOLD - Mike Lull PJ4 Precision Custom bass flamed neck
£1475
High Wycombe

Mike Lull PJ4 Precision Custom bass with flamed/roasted neck and gig bag  

Mike Lull Custom bass, four string with Mike Lull gig bag. The bass is in very good condition but has some small chips to the paintwork on the rear of the body and a couple on the edge of the guitar body. These marks were on it when I bought it from its previous owner but they have never bothered me, they don't affect its sound or playability and you can't see them when you are playing it. From the front is looks great, most importantly it sounds superb. The high quality craftsmanship you would expect from Mike Lull. 

This model is currently £3,000 new in the UK. 

This bass is black with a 3-ply tortoiseshell scratch plate; it has a flamed/roasted maple neck and fretboard, the fretboard looks birds-eye as well. It is fitted with lightweight USA Hipshot tuners and also a drop-D tuner which stays in tune perfectly, also Schaller locking strap lock studs. 

The pickups are Nordstrand with an NP4 (precision) at the neck and a Dual Coil p'up at the bridge. This is a passive bass. 

The neck is slim and fast and is 43mm at the nut; the bass weights exactly 8lb on digital scales, so is nice and light. Currently fitted with new La Bella flat strings giving that great Precision sound. No fret wear.

Comes with Mike Lull gig bag. I will post for £12 (UK) and it will be well protected in cardboard outer layer. If you would like to come and look or play let me know and we can arrange a Covid-safe visit (Bucks). Any questions, please ask. Also advertised on an auction site :) 

IMG_2080.JPG

IMG_2062.JPG

IMG_2065.JPG

IMG_2066.JPG

IMG_2068.JPG

IMG_2069.JPG

IMG_2070.JPG

IMG_2072.JPG

IMG_2074.JPG

IMG_2077.JPG

IMG_2079.JPG

• Like 10

Thanks to all who have posted the kind messages above, this is indeed a fabulous bass that I have thoroughly enjoyed owning and playing. There has been a lot of interest on this as you can imagine and several good offers. I have now sold it so will close this posting out as 'Sold'.

I have also listed on this forum a lovely 5 string Sandberg TM5 with an ebony fretboard, if that catches anyone's interest please make me an offer!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By meesterbassman
      Bizarre post and a shot in the dark. 

my old teacher Colin Bilham has just died (age 90).  First bass guitar chair in the west end and one of original Superstar and Joseph bands I believe. 

he *should* have sold his ‘64 precision to me a few years back (2005ish) but was arm twisted (I think) to flog it for (gulp) £750 by (I can only assume) some with minimal
      scruples. (Supposition there!)
      I was gutted. More so to discover that it then got sold on at auction in 2015 by Tennants in the UK at a price I could still have managed (£2.5k). 
      the auctioneers tell me it left the UK but can’t say where. 

Colin bought it from the bass player in the Hollies...

anyway, would LOVE to track it down (and ideally buy it back for posterity) - I’m gutted he’s gone (knew him for almost 40 years).

anyone come across it (info here including serial):

https://bid.tennants.co.uk/m/lot-details/index/catalog/300/lot/437946?url=%2Fm%2Fsearch%2F%3Fkey%3DColin%2Bbilham%26search-area%3Don%26xclosed%3Dno

• By Risk101
      ****************PRICE UPDATE******************** NOW £1,000 SHIPPED (UK)***********************European Shipping at cost
      So this was my first foray into the world of P Bass and I absolutely love it - however, as a solely (up until then!) 5 string player, I have now seen a 5 string PJ I want, so this has to go.
      Serial number suggests a 2009 build, and is in excellent condition, recently re-strung with Rotosound flats. No marks, chips, scratches,  in the gloss black body, just the usual little swirls etc on the pick guard. Small scuff to rear of headstock, which you can just see in the picture.  Has active/passive switching and you can pan between the P or J pickups or of course a blend of the two. Sounds just like a "traditional" P bass in passive mode panned to the P pickup, but bring the Jazz pickup in adds that extra tonal qualities.
      - 3 band EQ and tone control when in passive mode.
      - 41mm at the nut.
      - 18/19mm string spacing at bridge (neck through body stringing or top-load, whichever you prefer).
      - weight around 4.1kg. Balances nicely on the strap.
      - Has all the original case candy, receipts, documents etc. Case is built like a tank.
      PM me if interested - I can ship.

• By ricksterphil
      FOR SALE ONLY  SOLD elsewhere
      Will trade for mullah in my bank only
      Bruce Thomas Profile Bass with serious upgrades which are
      Fender USA '62 Custom Shop pickups
      Gotoh Resolite Machine Heads
      Hipshot High mass bridge
      Upgraded pots and caps
      I bought this off here last year with the upgrades installed and added the hipshot. I have all the original bits including the bridge tray
      It's had a full pro set up so stands me at £600 (not including the case). It plays and sounds wonderful
      Only selling as I have serious gas for another more expensive bass - come on guys n gals you know how it is
      Will ship in a semi-rigid case so fully protected and will courier with UPS for around £30.00 - exact cost to be confirmed. Would do a meet up after 29th March within reason
      The Bass Centre gig bag is included in the sale
      If you bought a new Bruce Thomas and added the above bits it would set you back close to £800 without the pro set up and for that you'd have a great looking, sounding and playing bass. I think my price is fair as it's in 'as new' condition.
      Weight is 4.15kg and neck width at the nut is 42mm
      If you're not aware of this bass, here the blurb
      http://www.basscentre.com/british-bass-masters/bruce-thomas-profile.html
      Thanks

• By seifregno
      Bass in near mint condition. Only a small scratch as you see in the pictures.
      Everything works fine.
      Original Mike Lull Bag included.
      » Alder body
      » Graphite Reinforced Maple Neck
      » Rosewood Fingerboard
      » Contoured Neck Heel
      » 34" Scale Length
      » 21 Frets
      » 12" Radius Fingerboard
      » 1 3/4" Nut Width
      » Bone Nut
      » Chrome Hardware