BassedinBucks

SOLD - Mike Lull PJ4 Precision Custom bass flamed neck
£1475
High Wycombe

Mike Lull PJ4 Precision Custom bass with flamed/roasted neck and gig bag  

Mike Lull Custom bass, four string with Mike Lull gig bag. The bass is in very good condition but has some small chips to the paintwork on the rear of the body and a couple on the edge of the guitar body. These marks were on it when I bought it from its previous owner but they have never bothered me, they don't affect its sound or playability and you can't see them when you are playing it. From the front is looks great, most importantly it sounds superb. The high quality craftsmanship you would expect from Mike Lull. 

This model is currently £3,000 new in the UK. 

This bass is black with a 3-ply tortoiseshell scratch plate; it has a flamed/roasted maple neck and fretboard, the fretboard looks birds-eye as well. It is fitted with lightweight USA Hipshot tuners and also a drop-D tuner which stays in tune perfectly, also Schaller locking strap lock studs. 

The pickups are Nordstrand with an NP4 (precision) at the neck and a Dual Coil p'up at the bridge. This is a passive bass. 

The neck is slim and fast and is 43mm at the nut; the bass weights exactly 8lb on digital scales, so is nice and light. Currently fitted with new La Bella flat strings giving that great Precision sound. No fret wear.

Comes with Mike Lull gig bag. I will post for £12 (UK) and it will be well protected in cardboard outer layer. If you would like to come and look or play let me know and we can arrange a Covid-safe visit (Bucks). Any questions, please ask. Also advertised on an auction site :) 

IMG_2080.JPG

IMG_2062.JPG

IMG_2065.JPG

IMG_2066.JPG

IMG_2068.JPG

IMG_2069.JPG

IMG_2070.JPG

IMG_2072.JPG

IMG_2074.JPG

IMG_2077.JPG

IMG_2079.JPG

• Like 10

Thanks to all who have posted the kind messages above, this is indeed a fabulous bass that I have thoroughly enjoyed owning and playing. There has been a lot of interest on this as you can imagine and several good offers. I have now sold it so will close this posting out as 'Sold'.

I have also listed on this forum a lovely 5 string Sandberg TM5 with an ebony fretboard, if that catches anyone's interest please make me an offer!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By yourfurryfiend
      Yamaha BBP34 in Midnight Blue (Pro Series made in Japan) with custom black scratchplate. Comes with robust hard case and original scratchplate. Original pack of tools are included.
      Will courier at buyer's expense.
      I'm very relunctantly selling this. It's by far the best premium bass that I've owned. It feels very solid and well put together, and sounds great. I'm really keen on the neck. It's also really well balanced. The problem for me, is that its just a little heavy for my slight frame and shoulder/back issues.
      I'm open to lighter PJ basses as a trade. I'm particularly looking for a Yamaha BB434 or light BB734a.
      The action is set medium-low and has DR Lo-Rider Nickel strings.
      Images below. Here's a link to Richard's post who was the previous owner, with more images and information:

• By SteveXFR
      This is my 2019 Ibanez SR300EB. 
      Its the weathered black finish. Really nice condition, just a mark on the back from a belt buckle. Just fitted new Roto strings 45-105 roundwound. Plays really nice, lovely narrow neck. Sounds good, everything works as it should. All completely standard. 
      Reasonable offers considered 

• By [email protected]
      I bought this new last year. It's only been used a handful of times because I'm playing bass a lot less now. Beautiful natural finish and solid tone with a nice bit of growl typical of Lakland basses. 
      Collection is preferred, but I can ship at extra cost.
      Feel free to message me with any questions. See below for the official blurb.

The 44-64 is modelled after the venerable workhorse '64 P bass. One custom-wound Lakland pickup provides a bruising punch and drive that nails the vintage split humbucker tone, sending it through the roof with full voicing and modern energy. The body and 34" scale maple neck have an excellent balance.
      Specification
      Nut Width: 1.5" Nut Type: Delrin Fret Size: .041/.085" Width at Final Fret: 2.48" 1st Fret Neck Depth: .76" 12th Fret Neck Depth: .94" Fingerboard Radius: 10" Scale Length: 34" Frets: 20 Bridge String Spacing: .78" Neck Wood: Flat-Sawn Rock Maple Body wood: Ash Fingerboard: Fretted Maple Tuners: Hipshot Lisc. Ultra-Lite's Truss Rod Access: Neck Heel: 4mm Hex Pickguard: Black Controls: Volume/Tone Bridge: Lakland Dual Access  

• By Enrico
      Hi All,
      I am putting up for sale/trade my Fender USA Elite Jazz bass in beautiful natural finish.
      I got it through Bassdirect in 2019 and I have gigged it only a number of times since then (there are the usual marks from playing but overall the bass is in immaculate condition - very well looked after and stored in it's case when it wasn't played) They still retail for £1600-£1800 new online - this could be yours for a lot less!
      The elite series jazz bass has more or less the same features/specs as the more recent American Ultra Jazz Bass I think - IMO they are very identical, very comfy neck profile and super versatile tone palette thanks to the onboard pre-amp. 
      The bass is located in North London and comes in a very sturdy Fender flight case with all the bits included. Collection preferred (at social distance) or I can arrange a courier at buyers expense.
      Cash is king but as far as trades go, only bass I am interested in would be a Fender American Original 60s P Bass with Rosewood Board In Olympic White. 
      Any questions, PM me!

• By seifregno
      Bass in very good condition. Only a small scratch as you see in the photo.
      Everything works fine.
      Original Mike Lull case included.
      The bass is located in Italy.
      Trade with Hi-fi, Hi End amplifier.