Why become a member? ×

Vintage Fenders

Reggaebass

4 minutes ago, OliverBlackman said:

That ads been around a while. Definitely not worth the price, and you’d certainly only purchase it from a well known source.

What’s the price 

8 minutes ago, OliverBlackman said:

That ads been around a while. Definitely not worth the price, and you’d certainly only purchase it from a well known source.

Gruhns examined it, but it has never been taken apart. There is a fight going on in that sentence.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Bassbros have got a nice 73 jazz in , not all original but looks good 

https://bassbros.co.uk/product/1973-fender-jazz-bass-5/

That does look nice Tony. It’s slightly cheaper than the ‘73 Jazz I bought from them last August too, but I suppose that’s down to the guard. It would be interesting to know if there are holes under the guard for the tug bar in the earlier position.

Rob

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kevin_lindsay said:

It's done the rounds over the past few years  - Paul Turner  (Jamiroquai) had it for a while, it then was loaned to Brinsley Forde (Aswad), then on to Rob Harris (Jamiroquai).

May I add my name to list for the next turn please? Is it like the pool table at the pub, do I need to put £1 down?

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, rwillett said:

May I add my name to list for the next turn please? Is it like the pool table at the pub, do I need to put £1 down?

it's only 50p in our local

32 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Unsurprisingly their feedback suggests they only sell modern guitars on eBay. Maybe he/she/they collect vintage guitars “for the shop” without real intention of selling, so super inflate the prices.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OliverBlackman said:

Unsurprisingly their feedback suggests they only sell modern guitars on eBay. Maybe he/she/they collect vintage guitars “for the shop” without real intention of selling, so super inflate the prices.

As long as I’ve known them their prices have been unrealistic, perhaps it’s another way to advertise their studio 

53 minutes ago, OliverBlackman said:

You'd have to buy a lot to move the market this way. Whilst vintage fenders are scarce and there is demand, there are enough sellers to make cornering the market difficult. To move the market they need to be close to a monopoly and this isn't a monopoly at the moment. 

I'd like to be able to buy enough to move a market though. Sadly I'm no Rotheschild in the oil business 

Just now, ossyrocks said:

I’ve never seen a 60’s factory black with matching headstock before. It’s a very cool bass, and waaaaayy out of my league. 

It’s early for a matching headstock, and for a white guard. Jay Rosen is reputable so that looks a very rare beast indeed. Priced sensibly, considering. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GuyR said:

It’s early for a matching headstock, and for a white guard. Jay Rosen is reputable so that looks a very rare beast indeed. Priced sensibly, considering. 

But, I could have bought 8 or 9 of these for that money….

7A361382-4573-4853-A940-F7AA5E04173A.jpeg

• Like 3