Why become a member? ×

'87 FENDER JAZZ BASS SPECIAL (MADE IN JAPAN)

dubby

[quote name='flip' post='424010' date='Mar 3 2009, 11:53 AM']I don't suppose you have a rough idea of the weight of this bass? I've been lusting after a Precision Lyte to ease my back pain and this looks fairly similar...[/quote]

The weight of the bass is 3.6kg

"Won't Haggle" sorry the monty python in me just slipped out.

Just to say these are great basses, and fender are now making thye Duff Mckagan signature which is basically the same bass but a fair bit more £ than this. I just wish I had some spare cash i would LOVE one of these.

Good luck and Bumpo!

I own the active version of the Jazz Bass Special. (also in red) Mine is a 1989 and it *still* plays like new! Sooooo nice! £400 for an 87 JBS is a bargain! - I'll even put money on them being better than the new McKagan basses. Lovin the CIJ ;o)

[quote name='dood' post='424821' date='Mar 4 2009, 09:57 AM']£400 for an 87 JBS is a bargain! - I'll even put money on them being better than the new McKagan basses. Lovin the CIJ ;o)[/quote]

+1
These Jap JB Specials are much better than the recent Mex Duff McKagan reissues....

Have a free bump for a great bass!

WOW thats gorgeous!!!
I always dreamed of owning one of these "just like Duff's" i even got a skull and crossbones sticker, just in case i got one, lovely bass dont see a lot of them, bargain price, HUGE!!!! bump - lee