Why become a member? ×

A question re. overpriced ads...

prowla

2 minutes ago, prowla said:

Yes, but the classifieds also say

Does "buyer beware" and all that tally with the "trustworthy" and "community" aspects there?

(BTW, I did contact the seller and he revised his price, so there can be no doubts about his genuineness.)

Yes - it’s the membership and community that’s trustworthy. And the fact that you have to pay for adverts makes sellers more genuine and we’ve had basically zero scams or spam since it was out in place. 

• Like 1

With a private sale it's up to the seller to advertise at what they think it's worth. If they over inflate the price they run the risk of getting no interest. If someone is stupid enough to pay the over inflated price then it's their problem and they have been ripped off for not  doing decent research. I know its hard sometimes when you sell something as you have sentimental ties to it. others won't have this and look at it as an object which is second hand. No matter what condition, it's second hand.

4 minutes ago, ped said:

Yes - it’s the membership and community that’s trustworthy. And the fact that you have to pay for adverts makes sellers more genuine and we’ve had basically zero scams or spam since it was out in place. 

I agree. I have bought two basses from sellers on this forum and both were very fair and decent to deal with.

BC doesn’t strike me as the best choice to try and sell something for more than it’s worth... Everyone here is pretty knowledgeable about bass gear and how much it costs. A fair number of us spend a large part of the day looking at bass gear on the internet when we should be doing something else 😕

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ubit said:

With a private sale it's up to the seller to advertise at what they think it's worth. If they over inflate the price they run the risk of getting no interest. If someone is stupid enough to pay the over inflated price then it's their problem and they have been ripped off for not  doing decent research. I know its hard sometimes when you sell something as you have sentimental ties to it. others won't have this and look at it as an object which is second hand. No matter what condition, it's second hand.

Well, that's very "community" spirited! 🙂