Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Give me some songs to learn

waynepunkdude

[quote name='Josh' post='414763' date='Feb 19 2009, 09:12 PM']Try The Police.[/quote]
I think they might class that enquiry as wasting police time and arrest him. Bm bm tsh! ;)

How about some Avenged Sevenfold? Not really my cup of tea but what little I got through was reasonably good fun.

Edited by Eight

How about the set list Gary Mac has to learn for a dep gig?

Dakota- Stereophonics
Sit down-James
Live forever-oasis
Why does it always rain on me- travis
Laid-James
Good Souls-Starsailor
Stop and Stare-One Republic
Getting Away with it- James
Teenage kicks-Undertones
Love it when you call- the Feeling
American Idiot- Green Day
Have a nice day-Stereophonics
Twist and Shout- The Beatles
Mustang Sally- The Commitments.

Never Miss a Beat- kaiser Chiefs
Monster- the Automatic
Creep- Radiohead
Sex on Fire-Kings of Leon
Read my Mind-The Killers
Starlight-Muse
Yellow-Coldplay
Dont look back in anger-Oasis
Valerie-Mark Ronson
Ruby - Kaiser Chiefs
I predict a riot-Kaiser Chiefs
All the Small Things-Blink 182
Message in A Bottle-The Police
Chasing Cars-Snow Patrol

To that I'd add
Eleanor Rigby - you have to make it up as it's a sting quartet ;)
So What - Miles Davis

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='414879' date='Feb 19 2009, 11:48 PM']Yeah, a bit of Rush will do you the world of good. This week I have mainly been playing along to Moving Pictures.[/quote]

The Rush album, or have you provided the soundtrack to a downmarket version of Changing Rooms?

Edited by bassman2790

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='414879' date='Feb 19 2009, 11:48 PM']Yeah, a bit of Rush will do you the world of good. This week I have mainly been playing along to Moving Pictures.[/quote]

+1 for 'Vital Signs'

[quote name='bassman2790' post='414895' date='Feb 20 2009, 12:00 AM']The Rush album, or have you provided the soundtrack to a downmarket version of Changing Rooms?[/quote]

Myself and the wonderful and clinically depressed paul h who also frequents this place did provide the soundtrack to a very downmarket skiing video many years ago. To be honest I had Rush attack in the last couple of weeks, where I seem to go through their whole catalogue. I have been having these attacks since 1979.

[quote name='bassman2790' post='414899' date='Feb 20 2009, 12:04 AM']+1 for 'Vital Signs'[/quote]

Scary!!! That is the bass line I just can't stop playing at the moment. That's the great thing about Rush. I forgot the line because it has been years since I last played it so I had to learn it again. ;)

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='414906' date='Feb 20 2009, 12:10 AM']Scary!!! That is the bass line I just can't stop playing at the moment. That's the great thing about Rush. I forgot the line because it has been years since I last played it so I had to learn it again. :P[/quote]

I learned the track because I loved Geddy's line right near the end of the song ;) .... 3:03 in this [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z31Uk9BQJus"]YouTube video[/url]

Edited by bassman2790

[quote name='bassman2790' post='414920' date='Feb 20 2009, 12:36 AM']I learned the track because I loved Geddy's line right near the end of the song ;) .... 3:03 in this [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z31Uk9BQJus"]YouTube video[/url][/quote]

A classic indeed. Unusual for Geddy to use his now trademark Jazz at the time. He was torn between it and his Ricky at the time. The bass sounds fantastic on the whole album. Infact it's one of the best produced sounding albums ever I think.