Why become a member? ×

SOLD (PENDING PAYMENT): Overwater Progress Series III Elite Custom six string (UK)

douglas81

[b][size=3]Update on 11th September at 16:55...

this bass is currently sitting on e-bay at £730 with just over 4 hours to go.[/size][/b]

I think I'm going to cry :)

I originally posted this ad up on TalkBass, but a member from this forum suggested I give you guys a try...

Up for grabs - an Overwater six string electric bass

The bass is a Progress Series III Elite Custom six string, 36" scale length, full walnut overlay top with matching headstock. If you scroll down on this page [url="http://www.overwaterbasses.com/bass.aspx?t=1&c=3"]http://www.overwaterbasses.com/bass.aspx?t=1&c=3[/url] you'll see the specs for the elite. I've attached a couple of pictures. The photos are quite representative, but I reckon it looks even better in the flesh. Condition is very good and it has been well looked after with regular maintenance and set ups at Overwater.

I'm not sure what the retail is on these basses now, but when I got mine it was £2690. I'll consider all reasonable offers. I've seen lesser spec'd Overwaters go for £1800, so somewhere in that region would be nice. I'll be really sad to see it go, but needs must.

(By the way - here's a sound clip of the bass DI'd - both pickups open: [url="http://www.naturalstudio.co.uk/misc/ns_bass_presampling.mp3"]http://www.naturalstudio.co.uk/misc/ns_bass_presampling.mp3[/url])

N.B. there are more images on the second page of this post!

Cheers,

Douglas.

P.S. please feel free to PM me to get my telephone number - I'll happily answer any questions you may have...

Edited by douglas81

[quote name='jwbassman' post='43919' date='Aug 10 2007, 06:37 PM']Hey Douglas

That's a smart looking piece of kit - I play an Overwater Progress III Fretless 5 so I know how good these basses are...

Good luck with the sale :)[/quote]
Thanks for the comments - I've never heard of an unhappy Overwater player. I'm going to be really sad to see it go.

[quote name='douglas81' post='44945' date='Aug 13 2007, 06:50 PM']Really no one interested in buying this bass? No one even want to make me an offer?[/quote]

Im not sure, but basses costing this much usually take ages to sell, especially as Overwater is a pretty speciaslist sorta manufacturer. It is a stunner though!! Id love it but already have one.

Good Luck, M :)

[quote name='douglas81' post='44945' date='Aug 13 2007, 06:50 PM']Really no one interested in buying this bass? No one even want to make me an offer?[/quote]

£5, a pair of socks and some chewing gum (flavour can be negotiated)

it is all i can afford :) :huh:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Steve_K' post='107430' date='Dec 21 2007, 01:24 AM']Unless you're desperate for the monies, I would wait a while after the new year when people have disposable cash again - it is less than a week before Christmas after all; I know I don't have anything to spend![/quote]
Okay then - here we are... it's after Christmas and I'm trying one more time.

Anyone interested in this bass for £1500?

I would like to offer you a selection of items on my desk.

I will accept any 3 from the following...

Tax Facts 07/08 leaflet sponsored by Northgate
2007 Diary
Very nice new 30cm Helix ruler
A4 lined pad
Rexel Odyssey Stapler
Green Stabilo Boss highlighter pen
varying sizes of bulldog clip
postit notes
Keyboard missing the f key
Yellow paper
Blowing bubbles (dont ask me why I have bubbles on my desk)
A selection of P6's
Black biro
Nokia N95 phone (worth less than everything else above - piece of s**t)
Keys to my Renault Clio (again worth less than everything listed above)
Casio MS-80VER calculator

Let me know if we have a deal :)

• 5 months later...

I can't believe no ones snapped this up, for £1250, thats unreal... :)

If this came up before I got mine, id probably have probably gone for this despite being second hand.
Can Chris at Overwater not suggest or help you out with selling this?

Il spread the word, im not sure if my mate is after another one... it'd be a shame to see this go on Ebay for waaay less than what its worth!!!!

Just seen this...man would I love that bass...Unfortuantely my new born baby is practiacally eating all my money....unless you want to swap the bass for a 3 month old pooing/crying machine (ready supply of milk nessecary).

[quote name='douglas81' post='234225' date='Jul 7 2008, 03:36 PM']Well, I never did get a reasonable offer for the bass. I've been very patient, but this is my last call - anyone interested? If not, I think it'll have to go on e-bay :-(

Surely someone out there is tempted... surely![/quote]
Yes, I know. I thought it would be quite easy to shift. My offer of £1250 was really just a tempter. I'd be hoping for offers over that - nearer the £1500 mark. I still think it's worth more than that, but... offers over £1250 for now.