Why become a member? ×

Elites Strings

spongebob

Adding to the many list of string questions.....

I have been using Roto's nickel strings for a bit, and their stainless before that. Only changed over after reading about increased fretwar to my precious Rics!

I have been looking at the Elites Players series. Anybody on here use them?

I always go for standard gauge, out of interest!

Looking for an Elites website, I couldn't find one! Does it exist? I just wondered if anyone on note is an Elites player (not that it actually matters...!

I’ll use them every now and again if I need some strings quickly and the shop I go to doesn’t have any Ernie Balls. They’re much better than Rotos, so much better that they’re incomparable, but then I don’t like Rotosound strings ;)

BTW – I use the ‘Medium’ gauge Elites – 100, 80, 60, 40

[quote]Used to use elites and have used Rotos, hate them both now. DR BBs for me now, fabulous strings. Last a long time too, but at thirty quid for a set of four, I need them to![/quote]

I would use DR's but i genuinely dont have £30 to spend on strings! Elites, nice and cheap plus the life isnt too bad

[quote name='stevie' post='407965' date='Feb 12 2009, 07:56 PM']As a matter of interest, does anyone know who makes Elites?[/quote]

They are a Bass Centre brand. I couldn't tell you who *actually* makes the physical string though. The strings are available directly from the Bass Centre or online outlets such as StringBusters / Strings Direct etc etc

I am currently endorsed and have been using Elites for .. well.. ages! (I have to source the .175 gauge strings from Warwick, but I also get them through the Bass Centre.)

As a matter of interest to me, Rotosound have *just* started making very heavy gauge bass strings.. well.. the 175's at least. I remember asking Rotosound to make such gauge strings sometime last year, if not before and after a meeting they were unable to do it, due to not having the machinery. Sounds like they have the capability now! I wouldn't mind comparing the Rotosound heavy gauges against the Warwicks.

[quote name='dood' post='412036' date='Feb 17 2009, 02:56 PM']As a matter of interest to me, Rotosound have *just* started making very heavy gauge bass strings.. well.. the 175's at least. I remember asking Rotosound to make such gauge strings sometime last year, if not before and after a meeting they were unable to do it, due to not having the machinery. Sounds like they have the capability now! I wouldn't mind comparing the Rotosound heavy gauges against the Warwicks.[/quote]
We...(well ok..Jim) tried to garner interest in Roto to make ERB guages....18 months ago..nice to see they are bothering in the Low section...