Why become a member? ×

Fender Squier 82, first month of production P Bass

thedontcarebear

Pictures here....

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3578"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3578[/url]

Basically inviting offers via PM here and via e-mail on another site, if I get one I think is good enough I will sell, if not I will keep it cased and sell later down the line, so get offers in!

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='42443' date='Aug 7 2007, 01:26 PM']Pictures here....

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3578"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3578[/url]

Basically inviting offers via PM here and via e-mail on another site, if I get one I think is good enough I will sell, if not I will keep it cased and sell later down the line, so get offers in![/quote]

I know that I could just ignore this, but I thought that Ebay was set up for this sort of stuff.
You obviously know what the offer that you would consider is, so why don't you just state it?

[quote name='owen' post='42448' date='Aug 7 2007, 01:35 PM']I know that I could just ignore this, but I thought that Ebay was set up for this sort of stuff.
You obviously know what the offer that you would consider is, so why don't you just state it?[/quote]

Oh, since it's obvious apparantly what I want, then I'd like 1.3 million, payment in cash, on collection from Nigeria. How can it be obvious I know what I want, when I stated I want offers, due to the fact I don't know how much I will sell it for.

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='42443' date='Aug 7 2007, 01:26 PM']Pictures here....

Basically inviting offers via PM here and via e-mail on another site, if I get one I think is good enough I will sell, if not I will keep it cased and sell later down the line, so get offers in![/quote]

Why not simply name a price and if no one likes it, no one will buy. I take your point about not using ebay but I think you'll find that using an ebay style to sell something on BC will get under some BCer's skins, and after all, it's them you're trying to sell to! When buying a bass on here, people like to know where they stand with a deal and/or a seller :) Good luck with the sale anyway
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='42508' date='Aug 7 2007, 04:06 PM']Why not simply name a price and if no one likes it, no one will buy. I take your point about not using ebay but I think you'll find that using an ebay style to sell something on BC will get under some BCer's skins, and after all, it's them you're trying to sell to! When buying a bass on here, people like to know where they stand with a deal and/or a seller :) Good luck with the sale anyway
Chris[/quote]

Which was a little more mature than the way I reacted.

Bump

Are you suggesting that Owen created his alternative user name CS2 just so that he could slag people off 2 months later, on a forum? It's not like he has to come and do it to your face in your front room, you'll never know who he is unless he takes offence at you implying that he is too guttless to speak his mind (when he already has) and comes round your house with a bucket of soapy frogs and a skindiving suit with the ass cut out.

for a bear that doesn't care you're sure getting your knickers in a twist

Lovely bass though, probably (almost certainly) better than an new USA.

Do you have your bank details in Nigeria, I have some gold bullion I need looked after but I need you to send me a cheque for the transfer fees.

[quote name='Mr Cougar' post='42563' date='Aug 7 2007, 05:45 PM']Are you suggesting that Owen created his alternative user name CS2 just so that he could slag people off 2 months later, on a forum? It's not like he has to come and do it to your face in your front room, you'll never know who he is unless he takes offence at you implying that he is too guttless to speak his mind (when he already has) and comes round your house with a bucket of soapy frogs and a skindiving suit with the ass cut out.

for a bear that doesn't care you're sure getting your knickers in a twist

Lovely bass though, probably (almost certainly) better than an new USA.

Do you have your bank details in Nigeria, I have some gold bullion I need looked after but I need you to send me a cheque for the transfer fees.[/quote]

Nope CS2 is me CS from the old forum. Speaking of which I sold a lot of gear on that forum all with prices and good ones at that. Probably because I'm not a greedy bastard.

I had one of these, 2 tone sb and white scratch. It sold end of last year, for about £450 including shop commission. Given the playability and build quality Ive always thought these early Jap vintage P-basses are excellent value s/h. Oh and mine had Squire on the headstock, so I guess the Fender headstock will increase the value a bit. An amateur view but I hope this helps move us on.

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='42550' date='Aug 7 2007, 05:16 PM']Jesus, you lot are like a bunch of kids, I would guess Owen and CS2 are the same person, or are there multiple losers here who sound a tad jealous?[/quote]

Good response. For someone desribing others as kids, you're showing the maturity of a 4 year old, I withdraw my 'good luck with the sale' statement and sincerely hope your rather pathetic attitude puts off any decent BCer, goos bass or not.
Chris

[quote name='parker_muse' post='42657' date='Aug 7 2007, 09:51 PM']^ i was going to ask everyone to make up...
I don't have thepower to lock the thread though :)[/quote]

lol.. gimme a mo though, I am just changing the tide of the Atlantic Ocean whilst balancing a planet on my foot... I'll be back for the thread in a moment! ;o)

It looks a great bass, had you stuck it on here for £25/50/100/200 more than you paid for it (TBH no-one knows what you paid for it) you may well have had a sale in minutes (depending on which end of the price scale you put it). If as you say you bought the bass and aren't getting on with it, asking people to place their highest bids and getting the maximum profit is going to ruffle some feathers, even though it is entirely your business. You have to understand that many of us would love to get our hands on it but as was pointed out this isn't eBay. I've had a bass for sale that started out with trades welcome but when nothing came of the trades I placed a cash price, then at least everyone knows where they stand.