Why become a member? ×

VERY SPECIAL SPECTOR NS5 XL WATERCURED REDWOOD

greyparrot

OK THIS BASS IS IMACULATE, PHOTOS WILL BE POSTED SOON.
THERE IS ONE ON EBAY AT 3,800 £ . THIS IS 15 OF 24 AND COMES IN FLIGHT CASE AND IS NEW CONDITION.
THE SOUND IS AWSOM, AS IS THE PLAYABILITY, BUT YOU ARE BUYING AN INVESTMENT HERE. IT COMES WITH HAND SIGHNED LETTER FROM STU SPECTOR SAYING THAT. THE WOOD ON THIS BASS IS NOTHING LESS THAN STUNNING AS IS THE FIT AND FINISH. THE SLAP TONE IS AMAZING, AND FINGER STYLE PUNCHY, AND LOOKING FOR £2000. I MAY BE ABLE TO TAKE A CREDIT CARD VIA MY MATES SHOP BUT THAT WILL BE UPTO HIM. CONTACT ME ON 07957300029 FOR MORE INFO. I have receipt for £3200. there is only enough wood for one more of these, and that is it no more ever from any maker, this wood will not be available, so you can see how special it is going to be.

NO PHOTOS CAN JUSTFY THE LOOK OF THE BASS. BEST THING IS GOOGLE NS5 XL WATER CURED REDWOOD FOR INFO. THERE WILL ONLY BE 24 OF THESE MADE. I CAN ONLY THINK IT WILL GO UP IN VALUE. THE WOOD HAS BEEN IN THE WATER FOR OVER 100 YEARS, AND SO IT HAS SPECIAL QUAILITYS. IT WAS MADE IN OCTOBER 08, AND HAS DATE AND SIG ON BACK OF HEAD STOCK. GOLD PLATED HARDWARE, BRIGHT PEARL INLAYS ALONG THE NECK. STUNNING STUNNING STUNING! THERE WILL ONLY BE 24 MADE AS THAT IS ALL THE WOOD AVAILABLE AND THEIR WILL SIMPLY BE NO MORE MADE! THIS IS A REALLY RARE AND SPECIAL BASS, HANDBUILT IN THE U.S. EVEN SPECTOR THEMSELVES SAY THIS IS A VERY SPECIAL BASS. Comes with hard flight case, all paperwork, strap locks.

PLease note, once again, these photos do not do this bass justice, due to the high sheen on the finish, very hard to photograph.

details;
The Spector Limited Edition Redwood Burl NS-5XL is crafted with 75-to-100 year-old, water-cured redwood burl. The redwood burl rests on a platform of Spector's legendary hand-selected, premium exotic woods: maple for the neck and black walnut for the body wings. Water-cured redwood is harvested from the stumps of redwood trees cut down 75-100 years ago that fell into streams. These trunks were submerged in water the entire time, which washed all the resins out of the wood and replaced them with dissolved minerals. This natural mineral enrichment process is what gives the wood its unique color and density. This natural water curing is very similar to the method that has been used for curing violin woods in Europe for hundreds of years.

It features , 35" scale graphite reinforced 3 pc neck-thru rock maple neck, 24 fret Pau Ferro fingerboard, EMG-40DC pickups, abalone Spector inlays, gold hardware, Spector solid brass locking bridge, Gotoh GB7 tuners and straplocks,

£2000

THANKS FOR LOOKING, RICH.

Edited by greyparrot

Is this the same as this Rich:

[url="http://www.bassmerchant.com/item_detail.php?product_id=390&category_id=3#"]http://www.bassmerchant.com/item_detail.ph...;category_id=3#[/url]

It certainly looks very nice.

(Caps lock a bit hard on the eyes)

All the best with the sale.

Peter

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='396920' date='Feb 1 2009, 03:34 PM']Never mind the CAPS, for that price I'd want to see a hand-written post. Good luck with the sale - stunning bass ;)[/quote]

ha HA iT IS HIM, AND YES NEVER MIND THE CAPS! bass will be in action tonight at inn on the green stanford-le-hope essex. Not to bothered if it does not sell, as it is a very rare thing, and so far its not a must sell thing. If i get the price im after will sell. P.s. Not at bass merchant any more as it moved. still see Darren alot though, top shop.

regards, Rich.

[quote name='greyparrot' post='396786' date='Feb 1 2009, 01:43 PM']NO PHOTOS CAN JUSTFY THE LOOK OF THE BASS.[/quote]

Well they'd justify that price tag, I'd highly suggest you take some photos, good ones. I wouldn't part with £2800 for something sight unseen.

Edited by Dan_Nailed

[quote name='Dan_Nailed' post='397179' date='Feb 1 2009, 08:11 PM']Well they'd justify that price tag, I'd highly suggest you take some photos, good ones. I wouldn't part with £2800 for something sight unseen.[/quote]

You are right of course. Will look to do some daylight pics, but have to say i gigged it again last night, and its just an awsom sounding and looking bass. It really rocks.

Absolutely stunning - just a comment and a question: I think the bass was probably built/signed in April 2008; how do we know it's 15 of 24 (there's only the number 220 on the back of the headstock - maybe Stuart's letter or a certificate of some sort?)

[quote name='lozbass' post='400110' date='Feb 4 2009, 04:05 PM']Absolutely stunning - just a comment and a question: I think the bass was probably built/signed in April 2008; how do we know it's 15 of 24 (there's only the number 220 on the back of the headstock - maybe Stuart's letter or a certificate of some sort?)[/quote]

yep i asked the same question! its the way they number them, but i have it in writing, and you are welcome to email spector customer services and they will confirm that. i have the receipt as well for £3200. The one on ebay is 4k. Mr spector only has enough wood for one more bass, and then that will be it, no more ever to be made. This is very special. no other maker has the wood as far as im aware.

kInd regards, Rich.

P.s. the sound is somthing else man.

Edited by greyparrot

[quote name='Stockholm Syndrome' post='400480' date='Feb 4 2009, 10:12 PM']Sorry to be a know-it-all, but I thought all NS5:es were 35" scale? Also, that looks like a 2-band to me. Anyway, gorgeous bass, good luck with the sale![/quote]

Yep is 2 band 18v active, but it the best i have ever heard. More wack than a status for slap, more growl than a jazz i know iv had them!. But dont take my word for it, try it! yep, and its a 35 scale G-G etc. Great for soloing. I lifted that from an american site. They are advertised unfairly really, cos shops do not stock them, and only built to order, and according to stu spec, he has only enough wood for one more bass.

[quote name='greyparrot' post='400144' date='Feb 4 2009, 04:37 PM']yep i asked the same question! its the way they number them, but i have it in writing, and you are welcome to email spector customer services and they will confirm that. i have the receipt as well for £3200. The one on ebay is 4k. Mr spector only has enough wood for one more bass, and then that will be it, no more ever to be made. This is very special. no other maker has the wood as far as im aware.

kInd regards, Rich.

P.s. the sound is somthing else man.[/quote]
Thanks for the clarification - stunning bass, I've got to stop visiting this thread!

[quote name='lozbass' post='400695' date='Feb 5 2009, 09:34 AM']Thanks for the clarification - stunning bass, I've got to stop visiting this thread![/quote]

Ha ha don't stop! If you are serious, call me 07957300029 we can perhaps talk money. I think that this can be bought with credit card bia my mates shop, but i have to ask him. It will be at full asking then, but thier is movement in cash.

Rich.

[quote name='lozbass' post='406204' date='Feb 11 2009, 01:07 PM']At £2k this is a steal - I wish somebody would buy it so I could stop dreaming and get on with other things[/quote]

+1 to that.

I was the person that traded with John for his NS5XL & it's a lovely bass. Only issue for me is the narrow, 17mm, string spacing as I much prefer 19mm.

I just double checked that the 0.675" string spacing on this one is also 17mm ;)