Why become a member? ×

VERY SPECIAL SPECTOR NS5 XL WATERCURED REDWOOD

greyparrot

[quote name='greyparrot' post='407250' date='Feb 12 2009, 06:36 AM']Get in their quick, am getting PM's now and she goes on ebay today for £2300 reserve bid!![/quote]

P.s. Its my B'day today! i'm not near the pc at all from 9am, meeting friends etc, but please feel welcome to call re anything to do with the bass,

Rich.

Edited by greyparrot

Happy Birthday!

And it's my partner's tomorrow - Spector! just what she's always wanted. I know where she'll shove it if I buy it.

4000 - you'll get me into trouble! I'll reply to your PM in a day or two - sorry for the delay - I'm (i) massively overworked, and (ii) spending far too much time looking at this Spector. I'll feel better when it's gone and I'm able to return to a normal pattern of behaviour.

[quote name='lozbass' post='407773' date='Feb 12 2009, 05:01 PM']Happy Birthday!

And it's my partner's tomorrow - Spector! just what she's always wanted. I know where she'll shove it if I buy it.

4000 - you'll get me into trouble! I'll reply to your PM in a day or two - sorry for the delay - I'm (i) massively overworked, and (ii) spending far too much time looking at this Spector. I'll feel better when it's gone and I'm able to return to a normal pattern of behaviour.[/quote]

No problem at all Loz. Whenever is convenient. Have to say I rather like the look of this myself...but with funds already diverted it's a bit beyond my reach.

[quote name='lozbass' post='407773' date='Feb 12 2009, 05:01 PM']Happy Birthday!

4000 - you'll get me into trouble! I'll reply to your PM in a day or two - sorry for the delay - I'm (i) massively overworked, and (ii) spending far too much time looking at this Spector. I'll feel better when it's gone and I'm able to return to a normal pattern of behaviour.[/quote]

Thank you, and to you partner! mate you can tell her that you can make grand profit on this!! call me for a chat!

Rich.

[quote name='Stockholm Syndrome' post='408130' date='Feb 12 2009, 11:09 PM']I wish I had the money for this...I've been wanting a 5-string again for a while now, and Spectors are at the top of the list. I can only offer me 91' Thumb NT as a trade bait right now... ;) £2000 is a crazy good price for this bass.

Again, good luck with the sale![/quote]

If you lived in this contry i would consider it, and a cash adjustment. Ok i tried the bass i was mad about before, and its not as good, no where near as good as this, BUT i am open to trades, and £1000. at least. I am looking for a warick $$ in like new condition, or anything hand made perhaps overwater (not mad about the dark wood finish) the new vigers, or a Status headless a delux 5 string jazz (usa) , a top lakeland or sandberg again as new (like mine) I have decided not to bay it, and i have to see the bass in the flesh, as you mine.

Edited by greyparrot

Does the bass come with the original Spector case rather than the (all be it very solid) Warwick Rockcase?

Is the letter of authenticity from SS actually a certificate stating that bass #220 is the Ltd Ed water cured redwood bass? I only ask as the one on eBay is #224 (3 basses later than yours) and yet was made 3 months later. If the basses aren't numbered as per a particular Ltd run and run consecutively does that mean he only produced 3 basses in 3 months or is that number just for 5 string basses? Curious as to how he numbers his basses... time to go and Google. ;)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='409273' date='Feb 14 2009, 10:15 AM']Does the bass come with the original Spector case rather than the (all be it very solid) Warwick Rockcase?

Is the letter of authenticity from SS actually a certificate stating that bass #220 is the Ltd Ed water cured redwood bass? I only ask as the one on eBay is #224 (3 basses later than yours) and yet was made 3 months later. If the basses aren't numbered as per a particular Ltd run and run consecutively does that mean he only produced 3 basses in 3 months or is that number just for 5 string basses? Curious as to how he numbers his basses... time to go and Google. ;)[/quote]

Hello, yes i have it sighned by S spector that this is 15 os 24. Dont quite know how the numbers work though! These are hand made, and the word from S,. spector is their is only wood for one more bass!! Best thing email spector, they are very good, i did that and got loads of answers, but best ask any questions direct as they know this bass well!! Regards, the case, i can get the original Spector case, just this is more safe for a bass like this, as i do gig it. Will post letter of authenticity today or in morning,

Regards, Rich.

Edited by greyparrot

From Harmony central.

Stuart Spector Designs Ltd is offering a very special limited edition of handmade Spector basses. These basses are handcrafted in the Spector workshop near Woodstock NY and will be limited to an edition of 24 pcs. The body wings on these neck thru body basses are carved from rare water cured redwood burl. This wood is derived from the stumps of redwood trees that were cut down 100 years ago in northern California. These stumps were completely submerged in rivers for the last century and have recently been salvaged and obtained by Spector. The flow of the river water for such an extended period deposited minerals that have hardened the wood and deepened the color to a rich chocolate brown. In addition to this all the sugars have been washed out of the wood enabling drying to be done in the same fashion as the traditional preparation of violin woods.

Each instrument will be accompanied by a special certificate signed by Stuart Spector which explains the special nature of the bass and lists it's place in the limited edition. The bass requires our clear high gloss finish (900.00 list), and will deliver 4-6 months from month of order.

Ebay link to one on sale at the moment

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-SPECTOR-NS-5XL-5-String-Bass-REDWOOD-US-MADE_W0QQitemZ390026043710QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item390026043710&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-SPECTOR-NS-5XL-5...A1%7C240%3A1318[/url]

Thanks for looking.