Why become a member? ×

The last of my Precisions.....

Beedster

Having fallen in love with my Tele and finding a Jazz more useful in my current band, I'm going to be Precision free for a while. This was recently put together from loads of parts I'd acculuated and sounds and plays as good as it looks.

[attachment=19362:CIMG0470.JPG][attachment=19363:CIMG0463.JPG]

[attachment=19360:CIMG0478.JPG][attachment=19361:CIMG0485.JPG]

'78 neck and tuners
'78 PUPs/new pots/socket
'78 bridge
'90's MIJ 70's RI body (Oly White)
'78 CASE
Pickguard has an extra hole currently covered in tape (I'll provide a non-modded one with the bass)

Tightest pocket/heel fit I've come across to date. Currently strung with TI flats but can stick some rounds on if you'd prefer.
I'm moving back to Canterbury at the weekend hence my offloading a few unused items at present. On that basis I'll ebay this pretty quickly if there's no interest here. I can meet anywhere between there and Miton Keynes (M2/M25/M1), alternatively I can send via courier for £27. No overseas I'm afraid.
Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Marcus' post='394132' date='Jan 28 2009, 10:38 PM']Beedster without a Precision.......... that's just wrong !![/quote]
+1

It just ain't right.. ;)

Reminds me of the witches speech at the beginning of the Scottish Play when they describe the world having gone mad... "Fair is foul, and foul is fair"!!

Lovely looking bass though Chris; you do have a knack with putting these together.. Good luck with sale/trade No.47326.. :P

[quote name='YouMa' post='394131' date='Jan 28 2009, 10:38 PM']Have a pint at the cardinals cap for me.[/quote]

Will do, several infact :P

[quote name='Marcus' post='394132' date='Jan 28 2009, 10:38 PM']Beedster without a Precision.......... that's just wrong !![/quote]

Ah, but I will own a'64 by the end of the year....

[quote name='overwater#1' post='394136' date='Jan 28 2009, 10:41 PM']Crap, wher've they all gone?!?? That's wierd... Beedster without Precision IS just not right? No way!?
Fancy a Westfield P, just in case??? :o Afraid i've sold it.. gutted! :) :angry:[/quote]

Damn, should have grabbed it while I had the chance :huh:

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='394140' date='Jan 28 2009, 10:45 PM']+1

It just ain't right.. ;)

Reminds me of the witches speech at the beginning of the Scottish Play when they describe the world having gone mad... "Fair is foul, and foul is fair"!!

Lovely looking bass though Chris; you do have a knack with putting these together.. Good luck with sale/trade No.47326.. :P[/quote]

Can't temp you then Nik, going past Clacketts a few times a week at present....

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='394151' date='Jan 28 2009, 10:52 PM']I think hes in love with the 69 Jazz I wish I'd never sold to him as I told him at the time.[/quote]

Indeed I am, awesome bass, growlier than a grizzly and almost as easy to play as a Modulus. Possibly the best bass I've ever owned. Sorry mate ;)

[quote name='Beedster' post='394181' date='Jan 28 2009, 11:10 PM']Will do, several infact ;)

Ah, but I will own a'64 by the end of the year....

Damn, should have grabbed it while I had the chance :P

Can't temp you then Nik, going past Clacketts a few times a week at present....[/quote]
Would love to catch up for a chat and maybe a pint Chris.. No plans for new basses though so maybe a trip to Beedster Towers is in order? Will PM you.. Good luck with the sale!

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='395163' date='Jan 30 2009, 08:57 AM']Would love to catch up for a chat and maybe a pint Chris.. No plans for new basses though so maybe a trip to Beedster Towers is in order? Will PM you.. Good luck with the sale![/quote]

Will do Nik. Moving house this weekend but I'll get in touch next week. Had an interesting chat about Wals yesterday I need to run by you....

[quote name='Beedster' post='395189' date='Jan 30 2009, 09:34 AM']Will do Nik. Moving house this weekend but I'll get in touch next week. Had an interesting chat about Wals yesterday I need to run by you....[/quote]
Sounds interesting.. Hope the house move goes OK!

[quote name='steve-norris' post='394549' date='Jan 29 2009, 01:52 PM']And another at the olive branch ;)[/quote]
Olive Branch is a bit dodgy - used to be Ind Coope if I remember rightly. I stopped going in there when the annual Xmas school re-unions started running out of steam. I think the Unicorn in St Dunstans has the best beer in Canterbury, closely followed by Chris' old local the White Hart.

Chris, if you're looking for a fretless precision, what about this? [url="http://www.fareastguitars.co.uk/usedpb4.htm"]http://www.fareastguitars.co.uk/usedpb4.htm[/url]

I have one just like it, except with a fretted jazz-width neck and although I'm biased I think it's the best playing and sounding Precision I've ever seen.

[quote name='super.rad' post='397482' date='Feb 2 2009, 03:02 AM']Still interested in selling? If so could you give me a rough idea on price you're looking for. Thanks[/quote]

Hello mate, looking for a trade really but £625 in Fender case or £575 without. TBH I'm tempted to split it as I'd get a lot more for the parts ;)

[quote name='pete.young' post='397740' date='Feb 2 2009, 12:15 PM']Olive Branch is a bit dodgy - used to be Ind Coope if I remember rightly. I stopped going in there when the annual Xmas school re-unions started running out of steam. I think the Unicorn in St Dunstans has the best beer in Canterbury, closely followed by Chris' old local the White Hart.

Chris, if you're looking for a fretless precision, what about this? [url="http://www.fareastguitars.co.uk/usedpb4.htm"]http://www.fareastguitars.co.uk/usedpb4.htm[/url]

I have one just like it, except with a fretted jazz-width neck and although I'm biased I think it's the best playing and sounding Precision I've ever seen.[/quote]

Cheers Pete
The pubs in Canterbury are dropping like flies mate. Two of our locals have gone this month, rumour has it that my leaving the town for a few months hit the local breweries hard....
Cheers for the heads-up on the Precision. I've actully just let my old 78 maple fretless go so not really what I'm after anymore. I loved the sound but never felt I could dig in in the same way I can on a rosewood or ebony neck, so I'm now digging in on an unlined '73 Jazz. I'm looking for some lines however for the odd recording session when close to the note isn't close enough!
Hope you're well mate, how's that lovely Bass Collection I flogged you coming along!
Chris

[quote name='King Tut' post='397435' date='Feb 2 2009, 12:25 AM']Is one of them mine - well, bits of one and bits of another?[/quote]

Yours was the body on the far left and the neck third from left (I was trying a maple board on the '73 PJ when the pic was taken but it didn't really work out). Yours probably turned out to be the best of the bunch Col, which is ironic given it was a complete mongrel ;)