Why become a member? ×

Yamaha P Bass?

BrunoBass

It's proper. Here's a better condition (and also overpriced) example of the same model for comparison:

https://reverb.com/uk/item/30776354-70-s-1978-yamaha-pulser-precision-bass-pb-400-nat-japan-with-hardcase-and-flatwound-org-strings

Agree in that condition it's well over the odds - it would clean up better than it is but the hacked-up logo & missing original parts don't help it.

I had a friend who used one of these as his main gigging bass for quite a while. Definitely one of the better copies from that era (you know - the "Lawsuit" period!!!! :D ).

I'm not a huge fan of the Fenders that were made around this time (say mid 70s to well into the 80s), and it always makes me laugh to think that people back then would derisively smirk at the "Jap Crap" that was being produced in Asia (mostly Japan), when in fact, a good percentage of those instruments were far better than the Fenders being made (and other major brands, in fairness - Gibson certainly falls into this category). I guess it was just the mentality at the time - we'd always believed that the Asian brands were inferior (not just with musical instruments, but generally), and that the European or American brands would always be better.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...