Why become a member? ×

Chaka Khan coming to London in Feb

molan

[quote name='YouMa' post='389218' date='Jan 23 2009, 01:39 AM']Is it the jazz cafe! Damm i would love to lay that woman,Am i the only one? I have had a thing for her since i saw the i feel for you video when i was 7 or 8[/quote]
Ha Ha, so would i, but shes a big girl, and im a small rooster YouMa..glad you said Molan....when she live??, to be honest i dont care about bass players..shes everything i love about music right there...

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' post='389225' date='Jan 23 2009, 03:12 AM']Ha Ha, so would i, but shes a big girl, and im a small rooster YouMa..glad you said Molan....when she live??, to be honest i dont care about bass players..shes everything i love about music right there...[/quote]
+100 the only true diva,i love her to bits,dream job would be playing behind her.

Edited by YouMa

[quote name='bubinga5' post='389225' date='Jan 23 2009, 02:12 AM']Molan....when she live??, to be honest i dont care about bass players..shes everything i love about music right there...[/quote]

Feb 3 at the Shepherd Bush Empire. About £30 a ticket I think.

Pretty good stand up venue, I've seen loads of good people there ;)

[quote name='Platypus' post='389248' date='Jan 23 2009, 07:30 AM']"Coming to london"

She still lives in London[/quote]

I stand corrected ;)

I had no idea she'd adopted us as a home - she always feels so much like a classic 'larger than life' American legend!

I'm listening to her '08 live album right now. I think it's Andrew Gouche on bass, cracking band all round :P

Edited by molan

[quote name='YouMa' post='389218' date='Jan 23 2009, 01:39 AM']Is it the jazz cafe! Damm i would love to lay that woman,Am i the only one? I have had a thing for her since i saw the i feel for you video when i was 7 or 8[/quote]

I must admit i feel the same. Ever since i saw those thighs and thigh high boots on The Tube (the program, not the trian ;-)

oh, and the music is great as well.

Edited by dave_bass5

I saw her at Indigo at the O2 last year. If it's the same band you're in for a treat! Really good reworking of their songs, played with a contemporary gospel feel, but without the overplaying. I don't know who the bass player was but looked like he was also the MD. Seriously on it!
Andrew

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='389569' date='Jan 23 2009, 02:11 PM']I must admit i feel the same. Ever since i saw those thighs and thigh high boots on The Tube (the program, not the trian ;-)

oh, and the music is great as well.[/quote]

She's wearing some thigh highs & leopard skin leotard in this vid from the 80's.

Really shakin' that booty too ;)

Edited by molan

[quote name='molan' post='389580' date='Jan 23 2009, 02:15 PM']She's wearing some thigh highs & leopard skin leotard in this vid from the 80's.

Really shakin' that booty too ;)

[url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PwTvDSpeBAY"]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PwTvDSpeBAY[/url][/quote]

Sweet.

From behind she reminds me of that Kenny Everett take off of Rod Stewart LOL.

[quote name='62P-Bass' post='389579' date='Jan 23 2009, 02:15 PM']I saw her at Indigo at the O2 last year. If it's the same band you're in for a treat! Really good reworking of their songs, played with a contemporary gospel feel, but without the overplaying. I don't know who the bass player was but looked like he was also the MD. Seriously on it!
Andrew[/quote]

Sounds like it was Gouche as he's MD on the '08 live album I'm listening to now - ooh, spooky, as I wrote that he played a great little fill on I'm Every Woman!

[quote name='Josh' post='389705' date='Jan 23 2009, 03:50 PM']It's a good chance it's still Gouche, if so it's even more of a reason to go.[/quote]

Just checked his schedule & it looks like he's free after Jan 20th so could well be him.

I've tried writing to him via MySpace - be interesting to see if he replies ;)

If he does I'll try not to gush with praise about how wonderful he is, lol.

[quote name='molan' post='389973' date='Jan 23 2009, 08:46 PM']He wrote back to me!

He is MD again & will be over here soon.

I'm really excited about seeing both her live and the wonderful Mr Gouche in the flesh.

I've bought standing tickets & will be as close to the front as I can get ;)[/quote]

Envy is a sickening condition. One for which I struggle to be pardoned.

[quote name='Josh' post='389974' date='Jan 23 2009, 08:51 PM']Envy is a sickening condition. One for which I struggle to be pardoned.[/quote]

Blackmail someone with a car to drive up - tickets are about £32 a pop but it's a good venue &, based on the '08 live album, the band sound great ;)

[quote name='molan' post='389976' date='Jan 23 2009, 08:53 PM']Blackmail someone with a car to drive up - tickets are about £32 a pop but it's a good venue &, based on the '08 live album, the band sound great ;)[/quote]

I'd bring hell with me.

I like some Chaka stuff, but I'd mainly just be in awe of AG, as you well know, he is easily my biggest influence in the last couple of years.

[quote name='molan' post='389549' date='Jan 23 2009, 01:49 PM']I stand corrected ;)

I had no idea she'd adopted us as a home - she always feels so much like a classic 'larger than life' American legend!

I'm listening to her '08 live album right now. I think it's Andrew Gouche on bass, cracking band all round :P[/quote]

Yeah, I was suprised too - saw her on some chat show last year and she was talking about having been living in London for many years.

I just got me a ticket for the February gig - might see you there!

[quote name='Platypus' post='390685' date='Jan 24 2009, 09:47 PM']Yeah, I was suprised too - saw her on some chat show last year and she was talking about having been living in London for many years.

I just got me a ticket for the February gig - might see you there![/quote]

I just got mine too! She's an original and any band she has is gonna handle it the way it should be handled. All groove!!

Haven't heard anything and transport seems much better today so hopefully everything will be all ok for tonight.

On a train at the moment listening to the live album again - very loud through some 'bass friendly' 'phones - Gouche is just great accompaniment for a snowy journey ;)

[quote name='molan' post='398918' date='Feb 3 2009, 01:45 PM']Haven't heard anything and transport seems much better today so hopefully everything will be all ok for tonight.

On a train at the moment listening to the live album again - very loud through some 'bass friendly' 'phones - Gouche is just great accompaniment for a snowy journey ;)[/quote]

Called the O2 Empire (020 8354 3300 ) earlier and they said the show was definitely on tonight :P They said Chaka should be on stage about 9:00