Why become a member? ×

Chaka Khan coming to London in Feb

molan

[quote name='Platypus' post='399023' date='Feb 3 2009, 03:12 PM']Called the O2 Empire (020 8354 3300 ) earlier and they said the show was definitely on tonight ;) They said Chaka should be on stage about 9:00[/quote]

Excellent - I tried calling but just got held in a Q for ages. Shows have to finish at 11:00 I think so should be a decent couple of hours.

[quote name='coasterbass' post='399153' date='Feb 3 2009, 05:08 PM']My favourite Chaka tale...

This is going back about 10/15 years ago. Chaka Khan entered the kareoke contest at North Harrow Superbowl, singing her own song. She was disqualified.

I WISH I'd kept the local paper article for that as no one ever believes me.[/quote]

And the North harrow Superbowl has been bulldozed now - that's all the evidence gone !

• 1 year later...

[quote name='coasterbass' post='399153' date='Feb 3 2009, 06:08 PM']My favourite Chaka tale...

This is going back about 10/15 years ago. Chaka Khan entered the kareoke contest at North Harrow Superbowl, singing her own song. She was disqualified.

I WISH I'd kept the local paper article for that as no one ever believes me.[/quote]

I just came across this thread and had to reply. My husband was the doorman for the superbowl back in the day and told me this story a well - obviously i didnt believe him (what would Chaka Khan be doing entering Karaoke in harrow???). He told me that her Road Manager/Brother approached him at the door announcing that chaka khan was due to turn up, obviousy my husband didnt believe him and refused him entry until 20 minutes later a black limo turned up and out popped Chaka Khan.

Now i have to go and eat humble pie and admit to my hubbie that he was right,......thanx...lol